The 2022 NHL Draft Thread v4 (Coyotes have #3 pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If I could nab McGroarty that late I’d be doing cartwheels. But I’d definitely skip Miroshnichenko in that case. Can’t spend three 1sts in two years on wingers.
McGoarty is a BA type of player…leader, big, tough, great shot. Every time I’ve seen him he stands out. Would love McGoarty….might be worth jumping up to get him, can’t imagine he falls to 27 or maybe with a pick we get in a Chychrun trade.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
McGoarty is a BA type of player…leader, big, tough, great shot. Every time I’ve seen him he stands out. Would love McGoarty….might be worth jumping up to get him, can’t imagine he falls to 27 or maybe with a pick we get in a Chychrun trade.
Yeah, I’ve got him much higher than most. 14th.

Reactions: jmelm

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Button made another great point about Cooley. He said that the Coyotes already made a big investment in Guenther by using a top ten pick on a winger. To not get him a center like Cooley is failing to maximize on Guenther and diminishes that investment.
But that's how I feel about Gauthier, he could be centering for Guenther, but clearly Cooley has a higher ceiling, and I can't see a feasible scenario where the additional asset makes it worthwhile to trade down.

Just dreaming of a future Maccelli. Gauthier Guenther line...

I guess a Keller Cooley Guenther line could possibly work too.

I have a question. If prospects sign after their NCAA season is over, can they compete for the Calder cup?

And it's been over a week since I last said I'm hoping the Coyotes sign Livingstone...

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I see some speculators on the prospects board guessing that Russians might drop from the 1st round. Makes me salivate.

3 - Cooley
27 - Yurov
31 - Mintyukov
34 - Trikozov

then some RD like Rinzel, Luneau, Salomonsson, Lamoureux, Warren or whoever is available in the 2nd.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
What’s this say?
"I asked Simon Nemec who was better between David Jiricek and him. David told me two months ago that he saw himself “really above”.

Nemec's answer, smiling: “I'm better than him at all levels." And the best rear of this cuvée. Without hesitation"

I had to look up the definition of cuvée too lol. It's basically French for 'tank' typically referring to wine making. I don't get that part. Is it referring to his physique in this case I wonder?

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
This is obviously a joke but imagine a three way trade with Habs, devils and coyotes where:

Arizona: 1OA
Montreal: 2nd and 3rd OA
Devils: Anderson, Flames 1st (2022), Florida 1st (2023), Carolina 1st (2022), Colorado 1st (2022)

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
This is obviously a joke but imagine a three way trade with Habs, devils and coyotes where:

Devils: Anderson, Flames 1st (2022), Florida 1st (2023), Carolina 1st (2022), Colorado 1st (2022)
I'm guessing you're a Devil's fan.
You won't find any Yotes or Habs fans that are into this joke.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

rt

May 13, 2004
"I asked Simon Nemec who was better between David Jiricek and him. David told me two months ago that he saw himself “really above”.

Nemec's answer, smiling: “I'm better than him at all levels." And the best rear of this cuvée. Without hesitation"

I had to look up the definition of cuvée too lol. It's basically French for 'tank' typically referring to wine making. I don't get that part. Is it referring to his physique in this case I wonder?
It's more like "batch".

Wouldn't even trade a 2nd round pick for the privilege of picking Wright over Slafkovksy.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

Habs fan actually and honestly Arizona should probably get a good prospect too but Habs fans love Cooley and nemec. I wouldn't do this trade but I think Arizona and Montreal benefit the most from this trade but I still want wright on the Habs. Love those good ol' Ontario boys lol

It's more like "batch".

Wouldn't even trade a 2nd round pick for the privilege of picking Wright over Slafkovksy.
Bad take

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
It's more like "batch".

I would gladly give up the Islander's 2nd for Wright over Cooley. That has more to do with Wright starting out in the NHL, while Cooley is Madison bound and I'm old.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Why would AZ give up #3 and two other first round picks to move up two spots. Honestly when there isn't a huge difference in picks. Maybe if AZ was drafting a McDavid or Auston Matthews. I will be thrilled with any of the choices there at #3.

Reactions: Heldig

rt

May 13, 2004
Habs fan actually and honestly Arizona should probably get a good prospect too but Habs fans love Cooley and nemec. I wouldn't do this trade but I think Arizona and Montreal benefit the most from this trade but I still want wright on the Habs. Love those good ol' Ontario boys lol

Bad take
I wouldn’t give up anything extra to take Wright over Slafkovsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad