Pre-Game Talk: The 2022-2023 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

bov

Nov 13, 2010
So the roster is basically set, no? 13/8 by my count unless I'm forgetting someone.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Does this mean PC Labrie made the final cut? WOW
I like Labrie, that would be fine by me!

In all seriousness, based on the practice lines posted previously, Koepke and Fortier are fowards 12/13 with Smith and ABB being waived.

Do they keep both Fleury and Perbix around and carry 8? Who knows, but it looks like a possibility.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I like Labrie, that would be fine by me!

In all seriousness, based on the practice lines posted previously, Koepke and Fortier are fowards 12/13 with Smith and ABB being waived.

Do they keep both Fleury and Perbix around and carry 8? Who knows, but it looks like a possibility.
Labrie and Cooper go back a LONG way, as far back as Norfolk I do believe. If this is PC's last season, which has been whispered, it would be fitting for Cooper to try and do everything to make his last season a memorable one.
With Koepke and Fortier as 12/13, that is not a role that will really help either of them. They both would gain far more experience getting first and second line minutes in Syracuse. On the negative side, having Labrie as the 12th would give the Lighting four players filling fourth line roles, although Perry might fit third line if he has a productive year like last.
It will be most interesting over the next few days.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Looks like that's it for ABB, big opportunity with Cirelli out, weak pool of wingers and he still couldn't make it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We obviously lost some skill but I think we will be a little faster at least.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, that probably seals it for ABB in terms of potential. I don't doubt that he gets a cup of coffee now and again, but any hope we had of him being a late-blooming scorer is just gone at this point.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Yeah, that probably seals it for ABB in terms of potential. I don't doubt that he gets a cup of coffee now and again, but any hope we had of him being a late-blooming scorer is just gone at this point.
Its a shame too, had high hopes for him but i think his lack of speed for his size and lack of transition to the big league game really killed his chances. he wasnt awful in his time here last season, 3g 2a in 14 games isnt the worst considering he spent 38.5% (57:15) of his ice time with Palat and Stamkos and 14.5% (21:30) with PEB and Raddysh

PatNikita

Jun 8, 2022
Not sure what to make of that, when reading those pre-season lines, where we stand now, how far can we get. A lot of teams got improved this off-season.
Hope TBL forward depth is enough and that the D-corps can rise to the occasion (Sergachev & Cernak).

Anyhow I'm looking forward to a healthy trio of Stamkos, Kucherov and Point to start the season with.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Not sure what to make of that, when reading those pre-season lines, where we stand now, how far can we get. A lot of teams got improved this off-season.
Hope TBL forward depth is enough and that the D-corps can rise to the occasion (Sergachev & Cernak).

Anyhow I'm looking forward to a healthy trio of Stamkos, Kucherov and Point to start the season with.
Who do you think improved this offseason? I don't think the Rangers, Hurricanes, Leafs, Panthers, Bruins, Caps, etc got any stronger. I don't think any of them moved the needle. Colorado took a hit like us. We definitely lost two huge pieces but I don't think the gap that was there has been surpassed. If anything, we've fallen into the tier with those teams where we were previously the favorite.

We have as good of a chance as anybody if we can not lose a core piece come April/playoffs.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
It’s tough to predict really. On the one hand you have an intact and talented core who’s won before and - according to them - is still hungry. Some guys are taking the next step as spots higher up in the lineup are opening. On the other hand you have fatigue (no team has played as much hockey as them in the past 2,5 years), some of the old guard leaving and two star players who might have their heads elsewhere with what’s going on in their home country.

In short: I could totally see us miss the playoffs due to a slow start and injuries later. And I could totally see us going to the SCF again. Toss a coin!

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Who do you think improved this offseason? I don't think the Rangers, Hurricanes, Leafs, Panthers, Bruins, Caps, etc got any stronger. I don't think any of them moved the needle. Colorado took a hit like us. We definitely lost two huge pieces but I don't think the gap that was there has been surpassed. If anything, we've fallen into the tier with those teams where we were previously the favorite.

We have as good of a chance as anybody if we can not lose a core piece come April/playoffs.
I also weep for losing the Apostle, Jan Rutta and his huge balls.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

I think of all the contenders from last year, the Hurricanes will take the biggest step forward. I think Burns will have a bounce-back year and will benefit from being paired with Slavin. They added Pacioretty, Coghlan, and Stastny and have some young guys who should also improve (especially Jarvis). Most important thing though is if their goaltending can stay healthy.

But who knows what happens with Chychrun/Kane. Those trades will swing the balance of power.

PatNikita

Jun 8, 2022

That's true, I guess Hurricanes and Rangers mostly switched parts, when you consider their additions. But don't you think both those teams have a higher ceiling to improve from within, players like Svechnikov, Necas & Jarvis and the so called kid line in NY.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
That's true, I guess Hurricanes and Rangers mostly switched parts, when you consider their additions. But don't you think both those teams have a higher ceiling to improve from within, players like Svechnikov, Necas & Jarvis and the so called kid line in NY.
I mean sort of? Could say the same about Koepke, Colton, Hagel and guys with bigger roles.

I just don't see anybody being a clear cut favorite. Nobody turned into a juggernaut. Small moves here and there were nice by Colorado, but they lost Kadri. Rangers may have improved with Trocheck, but I don't see that defense getting to the ECF again. Carolina added burns and Coghlan. Pacioretty is out for a bit and isn't the same as he used to be. Stastny is essentially a depth piece. I still like our chances but Cooper and the coaches have their work cut out for them this year figuring it out.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've paid literally zero attention since Palat left. Too much good stuff happening for me and the fam lately ya know? Anyway, what's the lineup potentially looking like?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00