Pre-Game Talk: The 2022-2023 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
something to pay attention to over the next few days.

TD9 could impact Tampa on Tuesday, which would ironically be an away game against the Hurricanes. Their charter is scheduled for 2:30pm, which may be cutting it a bit close. Ideally, they'd either go straight from the skate to the plane, or fly in especially early and do the skate in Carolina.

Tuesday's practices could get shifted to Monday, as that's scheduled to be the day off.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
As Koepke did on Thursday, Fortier gets a practice day with the main group

I would love to see Fortier make the team. Seems like his development has stalled, but I've always loved his skillset. And he has enough speed to move the needle on our overall team speed, which, IMO, has gone from our biggest strength to a bit of a weakness.

Still not loving Namestnikov and I think it's a problem if he's in a significant role come playoff time. But at least this forward group doesn't look as slow. ...Except the 4th line, obviously, but that is what it is.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Hope it's not Foote with Hedman all year. Foote did improve towards the end of last year, but he is in no way a top pairing RD. Last thing Hedman needs is to have to try and cover for all the times Foote will get walked because he still doesn't have great initial foot speed. Hopefully they try Myers or Cole up there, and then maybe Bogo when he gets back(Hedman-Bogo worked okay for stretches in the bubble anyway).

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Discussion in the poll area about Tampa's Cs.

Looking at Natural Stat Trick, my assumption be that Tampa's C's (when healthy) are:

1. Point
  2. Cirelli
  3. Paul
  4. Bellemare
However, Stamkos is being voted on as a C. Can you guys clarify? If the team was 100% healthy, which 2 players would get the most TOI as a C?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Discussion in the poll area about Tampa's Cs.

Looking at Natural Stat Trick, my assumption be that Tampa's C's (when healthy) are:

1. Point
  2. Cirelli
  3. Paul
  4. Bellemare
However, Stamkos is being voted on as a C. Can you guys clarify? If the team was 100% healthy, which 2 players would get the most TOI as a C?

Nothing is set in stone, lines on this team change so much year over year. It will probably be Stamkos moving to wing if I had to bet. But I could also see Point moving to wing, Cooper likes pairing him with Cirelli.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think Cooper prefers Stammer on the wing but the injuries last year gave him a lot of time at C so that's why people might be voting on him as a C now.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Nothing is set in stone, lines on this team change so much year over year. It will probably be Stamkos moving to wing if I had to bet. But I could also see Point moving to wing, Cooper likes pairing him with Cirelli.
I thought Cirelli and Point looked very good together in the playoffs when they saw ice. Very difficult to play against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad