Pre-Game Talk: The 2022-2023 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
The names left in camp that weren't on the roster last year or are fighting for a spot

Forwards (9):
Alex Barre-Boulet
Maxim Cajkovic
Gabriel Dumont
Shawn Element
Gabriel Fortier
Cole Koepke
Pierre-Cedric Labrie
Cameron MacDonald
Gemel Smith

Defensemen (5):
Tyson Feist
Haydn Fleury
Dylan Gill
Ryan Jones
Nick Perbix

Goaltenders (2):
Brad Barone
Jack Lafontaine

Of the bunch, probably only 4-5 of them even have a chance at being on the opening night roster: Perbix, Smith, BB. Koepke, Fortier, Fleury would be the main guys to see sent down last

EDIT: Updated list after Lightning official release

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Day looks like a solid player to me, thought he had an outside chance at a roster spot. Fleury and Perbix haven't shown much so far, but Fleury is at least noticeable trying to make things happen at both ends of the ice, even though he had a rough night. Perbix has a more quiet playing style which isn't necessarily bad, but no point in him being the #7 in the press box.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Hey guys, I grabbed Hagel in my fantasy draft, people were passing on him , but he was having a break out season in Chicago and is on a much better team being Tampa, how is his camp going so far? I'm hoping he doesn't get put on the 3rd line and plays with significant players on your roster.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hey guys, I grabbed Hagel in my fantasy draft, people were passing on him , but he was having a break out season in Chicago and is on a much better team being Tampa, how is his camp going so far? I'm hoping he doesn't get put on the 3rd line and plays with significant players on your roster.
He's looked good creating chances in preseason but it's an open question whether he'll actually score enough when it counts.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Haven't been following much recently due to hurricane and not having power for a bit. Any standouts from Camp and games fighting for a spot? Saw we waived day and nothing else saying we got some prospect's pushing for spots.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

The following players were released from camp and will report to the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League: forwards Gabriel Dumont and Shawn Element; defensemen Tyson Feist and Ryan Jones; and goaltender Jack LaFontaine. Also, forward Maxim Cajkovic was assigned to the Syracuse Crunch.

Additionally, forward Cameron MacDonald and defenseman Dyllan Gill were released to their junior teams while goalie Brad Barone was released from his tryout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad