Prospect Info: The 2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
St Louis won last night so they’re tied with Winnipeg in points, but Winnipeg has more ROW. Both Winnipeg and St Louis have 1 game remaining. If St Louis gains 1 more point in standings than Winnipeg, Winnipeg will move to 18th in standings (17th draft pick - due to Arizona forfeiting). In other words the Jets will either be picking 17 or 18 depending on outcome of theirs/STL’s last game. That’s assuming they don’t make a miraculous playoff run, obviously.
Sweet... STL won after being down 3-0. So as long as WPG gets 1 point or less in their last game, they’ll be picking 17th. Unless of course STL, MTL or WPG advance to final 4 in playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: mondo3

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I would love to get Ceulemans at 17 if were knocked out, but given that offensive RDs are a premium in the draft I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone before then, especially after his U18 showing.

Carson Lambos tho....mmmm

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I would love to get Ceulemans at 17 if were knocked out, but given that offensive RDs are a premium in the draft I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone before then, especially after his U18 showing.

I can't handle more LD.

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Perfetti Dubois Ehlers
Copp Lowry Appleton
Lambos Stanley Chisholm

Morrissey - Poolman
Samberg - Pionk
Heinola - Kovacevik

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011

RHD Braden Schneider went 2 spots later (19) than his rank (17) in Bob McKenzie’s final rankings in 2020. So there’s always a chance.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Looking at Button's list again, I wonder what the Jets org thinks of Aatu Raty.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Just did a simulated draft on draft prospects hockey simulator. Went with McKenzie rankings for the base and what I thought would make for more realistic picks. Had picks 21, 53, 85 and 149. Here's how it played out..

21: Carson Lambos - LD - 6'1 - 201

Bit surprised but also not surprised that Lambos was there. Snagged him for the first major Winnipeger to be taken by the Jets. Has to work on his skating but he's a smart player with good positional awareness at both ends of the ice and a big shot.

53: Roman Schmidt - RD - 6'5 - 205

This was a bit of a swing for the fences pick. Showed a lot of promise with the Don Mills program in bantam. Hasn't really found a place in the NTDP offensively. Going to Boston U. next year so figured he might be a solid Buff type replacement down the line if he can improve on his game. Kind of kid you leave in University for a couple years to slow cook and then get him on the Moose for even more slow cooking. Won't solve our problems out of the gate but his game is very defence first, big body, clear the net, great first pass, booming shot types that could factor in down the line if he doesn't find that offensive touch he once had.

85: Olivier Nadeau - RW - 6'2 - 205

Big in your face power forward right winger from Shawinigan in the Q. Very strong along the boards, really hard to knock off the puck and loves playing in front of the net. Needs to work on his skating but he can gain some more explosiveness and work on his foot work he could be a force at the NHL level. Loves to hit everything in site too. Seems like the perfect RW for someone like Dubois or Lowry to work with.

149: Owen Bartoszkiewicz - G - 6'2 - 190

Went back to the NAHL well to get a highly touted goalie, same league we got Hellebuyck from. Kid is an absolute gamer and has been carrying his team on his back all season, similar to another goalie we know. He's flying under the radar and hasn't even committed to a school yet. He faces an enormous workload and leads all rookie goalies in the league in wins, shots against, saves, shutouts and minutes. And also leads the league in shots against and saves and is 2nd in wins, shutouts and minutes.

Would like to see more whose strength is their skating but at least that is something that can be developed.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I can't handle more LD.

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Perfetti Dubois Ehlers
Copp Lowry Appleton
Lambos Stanley Chisholm

Morrissey - Poolman
Samberg - Pionk
Heinola - Kovacevik

What happened to DeMelo and what are you doing with Poolman playing with Morrissey again? Haven't we seen enough of that? Are you after Maurice's job?

Wait, what? That 4th line!!! :laugh:

Reactions: Nedarb and Orrrules

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Sweet... STL won after being down 3-0. So as long as WPG gets 1 point or less in their last game, they’ll be picking 17th. Unless of course STL, MTL or WPG advance to final 4 in playoffs.
Well...it’s 18th pick for Winnipeg. Unless WPG, STL or MTL advance to final 4.

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
My totally uninformed wish list for our 1st

(Not gonna happen)
Kent Johnson or Chaz Lucious or Cole Sillinger

(We'd have to be lucky)
Mason Mctavish or Francesco Pinelli or Corson Ceulemans

(Off the board picks that would have me intrigued)
Fyodor Svechkov or Scott Morrow

(Probably going to happen because Chevy is trolling me)
Trade down into the 2nd to protect Stanley

Last edited:
Reactions: surixon

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well...it’s 18th pick for Winnipeg. Unless WPG, STL or MTL advance to final 4.

I just knew Mau would find a way to win last night to lower the draft position 1 spot. Greatest, antitank commander in the History of NHL. Either way it’s all good there’s not a material difference I am just having fun. We all know we are drafting 31st anyways

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I still expect our first round pick to be traded with Ves for a top 4 dmen but there are a few players I would be happy with at pick 18.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I still expect our first round pick to be traded with Ves for a top 4 dmen but there are a few players I would be happy with at pick 18.

Seems clunky right now though. The problem is IMO we need a clear cut top pairing D man then our team would be in really good shape. I don’t think we get that for Ves and an 18th overall.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I am expecting something to happen with Seattle at expansion with the amount of D they will be able to pick up and then trade with teams like the Jets

I did the draft sim and drafted

Carson Cuelmans RD 21st
Aiden Hereschuk LD 53rd
Owen Zelleweger LD 85th
Robert Knak RW 149th

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am expecting something to happen with Seattle at expansion with the amount of D they will be able to pick up and then trade with teams like the Jets

I did the draft sim and drafted

Carson Cuelmans RD 21st
Aiden Hereschuk LD 53rd
Owen Zelleweger LD 85th
Robert Knak RW 149th

Yeah the leave Copp exposed for a dmen is something that has been thrown around. Still that is likely the land us another second pairing dmen.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Arizona forfeited their 1st round pick this season, so only 31 1st round picks, I believe.

I would have enjoyed it if only Arizona's 1st rounder was put in a special lottery for the other teams to win (as opposed to just losing it) :laugh:

Reactions: jgimp

Whileee

May 29, 2010
What are the odds that the Jets trade their 1st round pick this year to acquire an impact D? I'd guess it's at least 50:50, maybe more. I can't see them trading a top prospect and their forward group isn't deep enough to trade a top forward, so their best trade chip is their 1st. I think 1st round picks tend to be overvalued around the draft, so it's not a bad idea for the Jets to use it to fill a huge gap in their lineup.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What are the odds that the Jets trade their 1st round pick this year to acquire an impact D? I'd guess it's at least 50:50, maybe more. I can't see them trading a top prospect and their forward group isn't deep enough to trade a top forward, so their best trade chip is their 1st. I think 1st round picks tend to be overvalued around the draft, so it's not a bad idea for the Jets to use it to fill a huge gap in their lineup.

I've been on the 1st plus Ves for a dmen train for a while now.

Not sure what is out there but that seemed to be the package Chevy was dangling at the deadline.

The other option is Copp plus a 4th to Seattle for Miller and a 2nd, and sign a LD like Murray in FA.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I've been on the 1st plus Ves for a dmen train for a while now.

Not sure what is out there but that seemed to be the package Chevy was dangling at the deadline.

The other option is Copp plus a 4th to Seattle for Miller and a 2nd, and sign a LD like Murray in FA.
I have no interest in Miller (Buffalo) whatsoever.
I would trade our 1st, Dylan DeMelo, Copper and Slamberg for a 1RHD though.
I think Dougie Hamilton is going to want too much term. I'd give him 5 x 9m if he would take it to play here.

I trust Chevy's scouts to pick up a gem(s) in the 2nd and later rounds and I agree tis isn't a bad year to lose a 1st.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have no interest in Miller (Buffalo) whatsoever.
I would trade our 1st, Dylan DeMelo, Copper and Slamberg for a 1RHD though.
I think Dougie Hamilton is going to want too much term. I'd give him 5 x 9m if he would take it to play here.

I trust Chevy's scouts to pick up a gem(s) in the 2nd and later rounds and I agree tis isn't a bad year to lose a 1st.
My problem is identifying a top RD available in trade. Any ideas?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I don't think that pick will be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad