The 2021 commercials that we are all tired of thread

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The NHL Tonight commercial where Weekes catches the puck after a slap shot down the hallway is such a terrible one.

I can hear the beat from that stupid music in my nightmares.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
That guy making commercial for the sportsnet streaming service is terrible.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
This one.

I mean it's ridiculous the amount of times I've seen this one during these playoffs. :sarcasm:

eklxn9fk15k41.jpg

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
DID SOMEONE REQUEST THIS EARLIER IN THE THREAD?

Fun story, at work we like listening to sports radio and this is one of their constant advertisements. I've had conversations with coworkers about 'Mumble rap' and why I think it sucks, they had no clue what the hell I was talking about until I pointed out this commercial. They now agree with me:laugh:

On another note, NHL.com and their YOUTUBE page has those obnoxious Jake from State Farm ads. Please make them stop.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
There's a Scotiabank ad that I swear Rogers Sportsnet shows on a loop, in which a young couple trades their city digs for a house on the water -- except that the husband wants to put in a dock instead of actually furnishing the house (my dude, if you can't afford to do both, you probably shouldn't have bought the house in the first place. Also, what did you do with your old furniture?).

Every time it's on, my nine-year-old notes that "it's the commercial about the stupidest man in the world again."
It's funny, but when I see that commercial I think "that marriage isn't going to last"

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Any and every commercial during the national broadcasts at least in the US stink.

I try to block them out but you see the same 7 three times each.

-AT&T: Lily should stop doing these. Her wardrobe/her/makeup are awful in the whiteboard commercial.
Notice the heels as she goes to get the new white board. ... 4 inch at least.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Not to be a Richard Cranium but she looks terrible in the latest commercial. I don't know if it's outfit, makeup, she was unable to keep fit during covid, etc. but she's starting to get into Flo territory where they have to gimmick her up.
I think she is trying to look "unattractive" on purpose because she was tired of people objectifying her. That's also the reason why she is always behind a table now, so you can't see her body. This is some tweet she sent out about it:

"...on March 20, 2021, Vayntrub tweeted, 'Been getting a lot of 'Why are they placing her body like that in those ads?' Well, I direct the ads. I place myself like that. And it's because of the thousands of unwelcome comments I receive about my body. You've lost the privilege of looking at it until I feel safe again'."

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I think she is trying to look "unattractive" on purpose because she was tired of people objectifying her. That's also the reason why she is always behind a table now, so you can't see her body. This is some tweet she sent out about it:

"...on March 20, 2021, Vayntrub tweeted, 'Been getting a lot of 'Why are they placing her body like that in those ads?' Well, I direct the ads. I place myself like that. And it's because of the thousands of unwelcome comments I receive about my body. You've lost the privilege of looking at it until I feel safe again'."

EVERYBODY STOP OBJECTIFYING HER!
then we can say...
BRING BACK THE MILKERS!!!!111

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I own apple products, but I think Apple's advertising has been crap since the "I'm a Mac" "I'm a PC" campaign.

Other than the Apple Ad, all the discover ads have been terrible and annoying. They wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't seen them 1000 times before, but here we are.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
People still have cable television? I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial

Reactions: yada

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Has anyone mentioned those asstastic Lexus commercials yet? Bro, it’s a luxury f***ing good, it is an outward projection of your success, my guy. As the company you can try and package that however you want to make people feel better about their blatant need to swing their egodicks, but for the love of god, don’t give me some paid-off dude giving his hackneyed speech on “empathy” as a voiceover. It’s capitalism. It’s what you want, for yourself, as you drive from A to B, don’t even pretend to try and dress it up as some moralistic pursuit when it’s a goddamned car. Empathy my ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad