The 2021 commercials that we are all tired of thread

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Has anyone mentioned those asstastic Lexus commercials yet? Bro, it’s a luxury f***ing good, it is an outward projection of your success, my guy. As the company you can try and package that however you want to make people feel better about their blatant need to swing their egodicks, but for the love of god, don’t give me some paid-off dude giving his hackneyed speech on “empathy” as a voiceover. It’s capitalism. It’s what you want, for yourself, as you drive from A to B, don’t even pretend to try and dress it up as some moralistic pursuit when it’s a goddamned car. Empathy my ass.
Is that the commercial related to Lexus saying they are 100% switching to electric cars?

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
The Tim Hortons collectable hockey stick commercial is a crystal clear distillation of why nobody likes Leafs fans.
Do you find it annoying the way the guy says "Did I hear Auston Matthews?" right after the Bergeron fan makes the comment about the best two-way player in the NHL?

Reactions: Stive Morgan

solidaritypucks

Oct 25, 2019
Slightly off-topic, but it seems like half the ads on CBC are for sports gambling sites. I haven't watched TV with ads in ages and only resumed because I found out you can stream the games with the CBC Gem app. Has this been normal for a while?

Someone in the US gave the green light and all of a sudden NFL, NBA and even the NHL are swamped with massive amounts of gambling ads and promotions. It's gross and frankly speaking disgraceful from CBC/Rogers.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I still will not eat East Side Mario’s because of their commercials several years ago.

hey badabu badabing

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
none of these commercials rival this garbage

Can't avoid it (nhl app).

Not only is this a bad commercial, but using 'Chris Boucher will not go home hungry today' for a guy who spent his teenage years homeless is certainly a look.

Reactions: Ainec

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
People are forgetting this gem from Tims that came on at least twice every commercial break.

Can’t stand the “velvety velvety velvety smooth”. So bloody annoying when it’s played 10 times a game.

Edit: just saw the comment a few above mine after I posted. Glad I’m not the only one!

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Didn't see anyone mention the VW ad.

Get off your high horse. Getting a stupid electric car isn't saving the world or even close to it.

The car is ugly and electric cars suck.
I’m going to make you watch Jeff talk about his acid tripped Islanders themed paintings instead of the VW add. It’s only fair.

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad