The 2021 commercials that we are all tired of thread

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I thought that one they tried to make the customer and service rep look similar in physical appearance, and then played it up further by having them think, speak and act the same way. In the end the message conveyed is that at Discover they are people just like you. I think they had another one as well. That was always my take.

CASH BACK MATCH PEOPLEEEEEEEE I have no explanation for, and wish they brought back the other ones.
IIRC, those commercials have always had people talking to "themselves'l" where the customer and the discover employee are the same actor

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Each and every Tim Hortons commercial from the past year... they were always 'cheesy' but bearable but these new ads are just terrible.

I quite enjoy the new Tim's commercial, I feel like it embodies my leafs fan buddies from when I was a kid, constantly perplexed I was a Habs fan from the GTA.

I was born into this Fandom and I love it.

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
I'm so sick of this one. "He's a perennial all-star, going to hall of fame, first ballot baby" --> going to all-star games does not mean you're going to the hall of fame ffs.

First ballot no less. So if Crosby, Ovi, Malkin, Kane and Weber all retired the same year (entirely possible), Weber would totally get in ahead of everyone. :/

"Yeah, sorry legends of the game, we didn't want to make a liar out of a Timmies commercial"

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
GenerousGrossAmazondolphin-size_restricted.gif

On the other hand, I'm pleasantly surprised that she survived an entire year of this crap without being throttled by her coworkers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad