The 2021 commercials that we are all tired of thread

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
By the way, that Truly Hard Seltzer commercial is awful.

The first two versions of that song use the same exact vocal melody as Take On Me by A-Ha.

Why is modern pop music such crap? It's honestly so so so so bad. Let's autotune everything.

The Telecommunications Act of 1996 really screwed us a generation plus later.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
The Wendy’s major bag alert commercial takes it for me, especially since I hear it 45 times a days on the radio that’s played over a speaker at my work, just to come home and have to hear it during the games :banghead:

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Slightly off-topic, but it seems like half the ads on CBC are for sports gambling sites. I haven't watched TV with ads in ages and only resumed because I found out you can stream the games with the CBC Gem app. Has this been normal for a while?

Reactions: Stive Morgan

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Slightly off-topic, but it seems like half the ads on CBC are for sports gambling sites. I haven't watched TV with ads in ages and only resumed because I found out you can stream the games with the CBC Gem app. Has this been normal for a while?

It's insane this year. 75% of the commercials are cars, fast food, and gambling websites.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
That Apple commercial makes me wanna slice my ears off with rusty shit covered knives.
CAN I HAVE A TASTE OF YOUR ICE CREAM?

Lexus: LETS GET UNCOMFORTABLE. I don't understand how a luxury, comfort brand thinks it's a good idea to say "lets get uncomfortable" in their add.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

CuuuJooo

May 28, 2021
There's a Scotiabank ad that I swear Rogers Sportsnet shows on a loop, in which a young couple trades their city digs for a house on the water -- except that the husband wants to put in a dock instead of actually furnishing the house (my dude, if you can't afford to do both, you probably shouldn't have bought the house in the first place. Also, what did you do with your old furniture?).

Every time it's on, my nine-year-old notes that "it's the commercial about the stupidest man in the world again."

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
GenerousGrossAmazondolphin-size_restricted.gif
This!

1. It's terribly directed
  2. It's terribly edited (bad timing on cuts)
  3. IT'S CASH BACK MATCH PEOPAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad