Pre-Game Talk: The 2021-2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Still have hope for Ryfors, will be interesting to see if he can tear up the A once he gets more used to the ice surface. I thought Miftakov was pretty good this training camp hopefully he keeps developing.
I have a feeling we’ll be seeing plenty of call ups during the season. We have a long way to go to get to playoffs and I think our biggest challenge will be with fatigue and injuries after going through everything we have the past 12 months.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I have a feeling we’ll be seeing plenty of call ups during the season. We have a long way to go to get to playoffs and I think our biggest challenge will be with fatigue and injuries after going through everything we have the past 12 months.
Yeah, this feels kind of like 2012 with a much better roster.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Honestly haven't been paying attention yet this year.

How is our depth looking? Promising?

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
Still have hope for Ryfors, will be interesting to see if he can tear up the A once he gets more used to the ice surface. I thought Miftakhov was pretty good this training camp hopefully he keeps developing.

Once Bellemare and Perry signed, Ryfors starting in the A all but assured on account of his being waivers-exempt and the trio of kids on the cusp not. He had a fine camp and will likely get a taste of the bigs at some point this season.

Reactions: JFleegs

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Perry's becoming a little more intriguing than I expected him to be. We might be able to surround him with a bit more creativity than he's used to.

That said, I hate being a guy who buys into pre-season illusions. You just can never tell a whole lot by what happens before the actual game 1.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
If Barre-Boulet ends up being the odd man out, does he clear waivers? My first instinct is yes, there will be better forwards available on the waiver wire but I imagine he would at least make a couple of teams pause and think about it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If Barre-Boulet ends up being the odd man out, does he clear waivers? My first instinct is yes, there will be better forwards available on the waiver wire but I imagine he would at least make a couple of teams pause and think about it.
He has that 3-year deal that becomes one-way next season. At the time it was announced, we thought it was waivers insurance.

ABB turned 24 back in May. If he doesn't make the team now, then maybe the move would be to trade him.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Have only been following from a distence on SM since I haven't been able to watch the games so but from what I've seen in videos things look good, I'm really liking Perry and the other new guys so far and I'm looking forward to the season starting so we can see them in actual action.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
He has that 3-year deal that becomes one-way next season. At the time it was announced, we thought it was waivers insurance.

ABB turned 24 back in May. If he doesn't make the team now, then maybe the move would be to trade him.

Ah I understand. The 3-year commitment is what is supposed to deter teams, with the 2nd and 3rd years being one-way and putting us on the hook for the full salary. Pretty clever way of getting around waivers rules, but some team could still be willing to take the risk and make the claim.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't see it. Guy has put up a boat load of AHL goals, and our last two cast offs who have done that turned the corner with their new franchise. I think a lot of teams would see him as a possible JAM or CV who just couldn't get through the TB log jam.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Perry's becoming a little more intriguing than I expected him to be. We might be able to surround him with a bit more creativity than he's used to.

That said, I hate being a guy who buys into pre-season illusions. You just can never tell a whole lot by what happens before the actual game 1.

Honestly speaking, I think Perry is having fun. Montreal is a horrid place to play because of the "legend" expectations.

Think about being Corey Perry watching Kuch and Maroon on boats, drunk, partying, having fun.

Then think about Perry saying "what the hell" and deciding to finish his career letting it all hang out scoring, checking, fighting, doing whatever it takes to get one more taste of beer from the Cup.

I can respect that.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Did it look to anyone else like Maroon has dropped a few pounds?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00