Pre-Game Talk: The 2021-2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Oh my God, if we have a couple more breakout rookies this year to cover for our depth losses? I'm pretty sure this board will implode and the NHL might just kick us out.

If we have just ONE break out with 40+ points the main board will ban all of us.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
details I noticed about Panthers camp

all the guys I asked for the Orlando game are grouped together positionality. No Priskie at 2 and Weegar at 6 stuff.

Marchment, Husko, Lomberg, Swaggy - forwards
Priskie, Weegar - defense
Knight, Gibson - goalies

illuminati confirmed

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Lalonde on ABB, Raddysh, Katchouk:
"A huge credit to our guys in Syracuse. Everyone that has come up and played for us has been ready. That's not easy. That's not always the case. I've been in other organizations and that wasn't necessarily the case. So, it's a huge credit to those guys to be consistent with their game all the time, not some of the time. That's the challenge for those guys, Raddysh, Borris, Barre-Boulet. That's the challenge: all the time, not some of the time."

on McDonnell, MacDonald, Element:
"We go into those rookie games blind. Obviously we know some of the kids, we can see where they got drafted, but then we kind of go in blind. For me personally, the McDonnell kid looks like a gamer. You start seeing in that tournament and all of a sudden they've got possession, all of a sudden they're creating havoc in the o-zone. Two games ago we had them matched up against Point and Kuch's line and they did a really good job. It's that high compete. Even the message after that game was we're going to talk structure in these meetings, but we want gamers. We want high compete, and we're judging you on that compete too. Some of those guys have done a really good job and have really turned some heads here. MacDonald is another kid, even the Element kid who was just an AHL (signing), I mean you guys I see you nodding your heads. You guys have seen the same thing. These guys have made a huge impact in camp because their compete is so high. I think it's made for a really good camp so far."

Last edited:

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Those Element MCD kids,are they drafted by us,can we expect them to be our new best 3rd line in a some years?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh my God, if we have a couple more breakout rookies this year to cover for our depth losses? I'm pretty sure this board will implode and the NHL might just kick us out.

Good. f*** em. There's no one we've taken since Drouin at 3rd overall in the way back when that the rest of the league hasn't had chances to grab. Tell their front offices to git gud

God help the league if we actually won a lottery pick for a guy like Wright, Bedard or Michkov. They have enough trouble with guys like Colton breaking out

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Those Element MCD kids,are they drafted by us,can we expect them to be our new best 3rd line in a some years?
We'd really need to see them against some other teams to see what we've got. We were hyping a line with Luke Witkowski, Gemel Smith, and I think Maroon like two camps ago until they got to the regular season.

At some point TB is doing them a disservice keeping them together for so long. We know they can play together, but what can they do with other linemates?

What I think we may be looking at is a line with great heart and chemistry, but not a lot of talent (in NHL terms). Element is on an AHL deal. McDonnell was a 7th round pick. MacDonald was a 5th round pick. Their ages are 21, 19, and 18. What are the odds of all three of them being for real?

Kids' table line until proven otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peacefool

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Has anyone said anything about cuts yet? The Q and WHL regular seasons start Thursday/Friday. OHL has another week.

Give the Mickey D's line (Mc/Mac, E for Element, D's for Donnell and Donald [Mc E D's]) a chance against Carolina, but it's probably got to be broken up afterwards.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Good. f*** em. There's no one we've taken since Drouin at 3rd overall in the way back when that the rest of the league hasn't had chances to grab. Tell their front offices to git gud

God help the league if we actually won a lottery pick for a guy like Wright, Bedard or Michkov. They have enough trouble with guys like Colton breaking out
How it will be possible to win lottery for them? Iam not good in draft lottery rules

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
How it will be possible to win lottery for them? Iam not good in draft lottery rules
Draft position is based on the original owner's result in the standings, so if TB trades for a first round pick from a team that ends up having a terrible season, it could end up being a very good pick for the Lightning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peacefool

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

I always want to put on these types of things that monetary donations are encouraged, and the cans are more of a clean out opportunity. The most well-intentioned people don't always know that the cash would give the food bank way more bang-for-their-buck than by us being their shoppers. If you have extra cans you probably aren't going to use, then bring them, but don't go out and buy them.

Last edited:

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
How Big Mac got left off this list of the top 50 is beyond me. But we do have 3 of the top 10 for this season per NHL.com:

#NHLTopPlayers: Nos. 10-1

That's actually the link for last season. Here's this season: #NHLTopPlayers: Nos. 10-1

Same the gusys in the top 10 though (Kuch, Vasy, Hedman). Point is at #14, which gives us 4 guys in the top 14, while the 31 teams in the league, together, only have 10 in the top 14.

Second 10: #NHLTopPlayers: Nos. 20-11

I don't think having McDonagh outside the top 50 is a snub. Outside the top 100 would be, probably, but he's not really top 50.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Eamon McAdam's place is more uncertain now. OSB just announced they signed Clint Windsor today, which would indicate a Windsor/Miftakhov pairing.

Windsor/McAdam would be an elite 1A/1B combo though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad