• 35 AMIR MIFTAKHOV
  • 60 HUGO ALNEFELT
  • 80 EAMON MCADAM*
  • 88 ANDREI VASILEVSKIY

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
We're probably less than a day away from the official roster, but Avery Winslow has to get cut because he's still eligible for next year's NHL draft. Everyone else seems eligible, at least.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

I guess Winslow is staying. There are ways to sign guys before their third draft, but it's very unusual.

Basically, he'd have to get signed before the start of the season, or he'll have to go through the draft again. Either way, he's going back to the OHL this season.

TB will draft overage guys, even 20-year-olds, but I didn't think that Winslow was seen as having maybe that kind of upside. His stats and size (which TB likes for their D) didn't seem that spectacular. Maybe an AHL/ECHL deal type guy.

If they like the player, though, get the player.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Sustr arriving at camp.
6tsdD5w.jpeg

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It's still like 12 days from the Orlando pre-season game, but with some early line info out, I thought I'd put out there which players would probably appeal to TB, Orlando, and casual fans.

tl;dr version

Elliot/Lagace vs Dealer's choice/Gibson
Mackenzie Weegar, Chase Priskie (and Ryan McDonagh)
Somppi, Maroon, Colton, Katchouk, Raddysh vs Marchment, Lomberg, Hutsko, & Swaggy

explanation:
I tried to keep the requests as light as possible. The idea is to take the minimum and to then fill in the rest with as much talent as possible. Of course everyone wants Point, Kuch, Hedman, etc. That should go without saying. Then guys like Joe Thornton probably don't dress for a game still this early in the pre-season (if they dress for one at all).

Maroon is on my list pretty much because Marchment and Lomberg would dress for Florida (ECHL reasons), and TB needs to match for how chaotic that could be. Guys with personality like Maroon can also be fan favorites if they get the spotlight, and this would be a slightly different look from the Amalie crowds.

The rest of the forwards either have ECHL/Florida ties, or in the case of Katchouk and Raddysh, they've been on the cusp of making the team forever, but Lightning and OSB fans have mostly never seen them. Ross Colton seems like an up comer, and having scored the cup winner, would still probably attract significant local media attention, even if the rest of the roster lacked big names.

Mackenzie Weegar is an ECHL guy, and given that he's like #2 on the Panthers depth chart, I just went with McD as the counter (I tried to keep it pretty even). Chase Priskie is from Pembroke Pines.

Goalies seem confusing, and the backups are admittedly on the ceremonial side, but with 3 games left after, I don't see Vasi dressing here. The backups are ECHL grads, and Chris Gibson would satisfy OSB fans. They're also comparable in terms of their role. Older AHL guys. I'd probably prefer Florida play Knight, but if they want to go with Bob, that would be more than fine. In 2018, it was Dom vs Luongo.

If the coaches wanted to have their top tandem together, I mean, I get it, but the parallels between Gibson and Lagace seem a bit too good to not utilize somehow.

HM: Gemel Smith played 4 games for the Idaho Steelheads. A player I like, but after asking 6 skaters & 2 goalies from each team, it's sort of hard for me to make a strong case for any more.

edit: I'll mention that the Orlando media overall aren't nearly as sophisticated with hockey as they are in TB. They'll overhype the Stamki, but underrate the Points. Treat them like NBC.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
McDonnell-MacDonald-Element still going strong

Coop on Raddysh:
“So many things went our way last year. We got guys in we wanted to. He’s a guy I wish we could of got in but because of salary cap implications we couldn’t get him in. He’s paid his dues, probably as much a long the lines of Colton and guys who have played in the minors and got their shot and made the best of it. Now he hasn’t quite got his yet, but he’ll have every opportunity now. He looks poised and ready both physically and mentally to take the next step and now it’s up to him.”

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Oh my God, if we have a couple more breakout rookies this year to cover for our depth losses? I'm pretty sure this board will implode and the NHL might just kick us out.

Reactions: Hoek

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Really hoping we find a way to fit both Katchouk and Raddysh. Those two have played together since junior, would be amazing to see them continue their chemistry in the NHL.

I guess the Foote injury will make that possible for a couple of weeks. Ryfors is also a big wild card, but I suspect Cooper will favor players who have done their time in Syracuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad