Prospect Info: The 2020 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Besides some of the Top Players, who are you looking forward to the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I thought for sure I posted about the draft in here...hmmmm...guess it ended up somewhere else. Whoops.

2020 NHL Mock Draft | 2020 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

This mock draft (updated today) would have the Avs taking Maverik Bourque at 26. It would be sooooooooooo fitting for the Avs to get yet another Bork.

Previously they were going to take Hirvonen, who has apparently dropped all the way to 31st (Caps taking him).

Askarov goes at 12 to the Hawks. I would think he'll go higher than that, but who knows.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I thought for sure I posted about the draft in here...hmmmm...guess it ended up somewhere else. Whoops.

This mock draft (updated today) would have the Avs taking Maverik Bourque at 26. It would be sooooooooooo fitting for the Avs to get yet another Bork.

Previously they were going to take Hirvonen, who has apparently dropped all the way to 31st (Caps taking him).

Askarov goes at 12 to the Hawks. I would think he'll go higher than that, but who knows.
I quite like O'Rourke and Reichel based on their rankings, but at that point I think I wouldn't mind trading back and picking up two 2nd rounders or a 2nd and high 3rd. Mavrik is meh IMHO, he's good, but we already have someone similar in Bowers.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

Think he goes #10 to Buffalo or #7 to Minnesota? I don't if many teams higher that Chicago at 13 would feel the need to take Askarov that high.

Reactions: Pokecheque

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Think he goes #10 to Buffalo or #7 to Minnesota? I don't if many teams higher that Chicago at 13 would feel the need to take Askarov that high.
If New Jersey loses the lottery and ends up at 4/5/6, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to take the leap. It might not even be a real reach if he becomes the game changer that he's projected to be, and few teams in the league have a more dire need for goaltending.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If New Jersey loses the lottery and ends up at 4/5/6, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to take the leap. It might not even be a real reach if he becomes the game changer that he's projected to be, and few teams in the league have a more dire need for goaltending.
NJ will be all over Drysdale unless they pick first.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand

For the ones available for us in that mock, I would go for Reichel. But I have not really started digging into the kids outside the top 10 yet, so could be well wrong.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How many of these guys step in next season?
- Lafreniere and Byfield are locks.

- Lundell probably could play, but my recommendation is to work on his offensive game more in Liiga.

- Rossi, Perfetti, and Holtz definitely could make it.

- Zary is definitely another one I would look at.

All these lads go in the top 15 though.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I love Byram, but picking 4th overall in this draft would've been a complete game changer. The top 7-10 picks in this draft are comparable to the 2015 draft in my opinion, just so much talent.

The Ottawa Senators are completely set up for a quick rebuild from the SJS pick. If they hold two picks in the top-6, as they're projected to, they're going to be scary good in a couple of years.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Drysdale is really hyped these days. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes top 3.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I love Byram, but picking 4th overall in this draft would've been a complete game changer. The top 7-10 picks in this draft are comparable to the 2015 draft in my opinion, just so much talent.

Well, I don't look at it that way.

While getting the best possible player in any draft should always be the goal, it's important to consider our window and needs to extend that window. Adding a top pairing defenseman to hopefully pair with Makar will be huge for this organization. Byram's skill set compliments Makar tremendously.

6 months after our pick, I'm quite pleased. Byram just won Gold while logging the most minutes for his team, has gained valuable experience as a leader in Vancouver, and the two-way game has continued to improve.

No regrets from me.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well, I don't look at it that way.

While getting the best possible player in any draft should always be the goal, it's important to consider our window and needs to extend that window. Adding a top pairing defenseman to hopefully pair with Makar will be huge for this organization. Byram's skill set compliments Makar tremendously.

6 months after our pick, I'm quite pleased. Byram just won Gold while logging the most minutes for his team, has gained valuable experience as a leader in Vancouver, and the two-way game has continued to improve.

No regrets from me.
Me neither. In hindsight, picking a defenseman last year was the right thing to do.

Still as high on Byram as I was on draft day.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

The Ottawa Senators are completely set up for a quick rebuild from the SJS pick. If they hold two picks in the top-6, as they're projected to, they're going to be scary good in a couple of years.
How do the gift horse's teeth look?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm officially coming around on Brett Berard... he's a sneaky last 1st/early 2nd guy that could be an impact player down the road.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Could you give a brief report on style of play what to expect?

Very strong skater with high IQ and compete. Being about 5'8" and maybe 165-170lbs he can get pushed around a bit, but he will out work many players to win a lot of 1v1 battles. Knows the soft spots of the offensive zone and where to go to pick up points, combine that with a plus release and he gets a good number of goals and the type that should translate. Could stand to be more aggressive with his passing in the offensive zone. He's not a high end seam passer and has been burned a few times in that regard, so I think there is some coaching going on to keep those chances to a minimum. Reminds me a lot of Cam Atkinson at the same age.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad