Prospect Info: The 2020 Entry NHL Draft Thread: Part II

Which player are you considering the most at 27th overall currently?

• Rodion Amirov, LW [Salavat Yulaev Ufa, KHL]

• Brendan Brisson, C [Chicago Steel, USHL]

• Dylan Holloway, LW [University of Wisconsin, NCAA]

• Jan Mysak, LW [Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL]

• Jake Neighbours, LW [Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL]

• Jacob Perreault, C [Sarnia Sting, OHL]

• John-Jason Peterka, LW [EHC Munchen, DEL]

• Jeremie Poirier, D [Saint John Sea Dogs, LHJMQ]

• William Wallinder, D [Modo Hockey, Allsvenskan]

• Other [List Below]

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
My dream is getting an early 2nd for Zadarov, using that on O’Rourke and the 1st on one of the Germans.
Yeah that would indeed be absolutely perfect. Reichel would be especially great but I think he'll be long gone by our pick. Peterka might be in play though.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
For those interested in this sort of thing, the Finnish U20 NT is at Vierumäki currently with the following roster:

G:
Blomqvist Joel
Piiroinen Kari
Randelin Eetu
Taponen Roope
D:
Hatakka Santeri
Heinola Ville
Jurmo Joni
Kokkonen Mikko
Luoto Mico
Määttä Rami
Niemelä Topi
Puutio Kasper
Rafkin Ruben
Räsänen Iivari
Tuomisto Antti
Viro Eemil
F:
Aaltonen Leevi
Hede Elis
Helenius Samuel
Hirvonen Roni
Intonen Aarne
Järventie Roby
Kallionkieli Marcus
Kiviniemi Joona
Korhonen Benjamin
Liukas Eetu
Mäenpää Juuso
Mäntykivi Matias
Petman Mikko
Puhakka Petteri
Puistola Patrik
Pyyhtiä Mikael
Simontaival Kasper
Suni Oliver

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
For those interested in this sort of thing, the Finnish U20 NT is at Vierumäki currently with the following roster:

G:
Blomqvist Joel
Piiroinen Kari
Randelin Eetu
Taponen Roope
D:
Hatakka Santeri
Heinola Ville
Jurmo Joni
Kokkonen Mikko
Luoto Mico
Määttä Rami
Niemelä Topi
Puutio Kasper
Rafkin Ruben
Räsänen Iivari
Tuomisto Antti
Viro Eemil
F:
Aaltonen Leevi
Hede Elis
Helenius Samuel
Hirvonen Roni
Intonen Aarne
Järventie Roby
Kallionkieli Marcus
Kiviniemi Joona
Korhonen Benjamin
Liukas Eetu
Mäenpää Juuso
Mäntykivi Matias
Petman Mikko
Puhakka Petteri
Puistola Patrik
Pyyhtiä Mikael
Simontaival Kasper
Suni Oliver
Did Ranta and Annunen get passed over, or are they simply not eligible?

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Drafted Louis Crevier (D) Chicoutimi in the 4th of the mock draft.
Size queen :laugh:

upload_2020-7-29_1-39-50.png

Reactions: Foppa2118

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Looking at the drafts the Avalanche only stopped with the "6 OHLer ans a token Sweded in the 5th round" formula in '15, after Roy got Pracey canned. That draft did mark the first non-Nordi drafted sine Denis Parshin with Max Pajpach. Got to think that improves the odds a bit.

@Richard88 looks like I've sold you on Joey JoJo Junior Shabadoo Peterka and ROR2.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Looking at the drafts the Avalanche only stopped with the "6 OHLer ans a token Sweded in the 5th round" formula in '15, after Roy got Pracey canned. That draft did mark the first non-Nordi drafted sine Denis Parshin with Max Pajpach. Got to think that improves the odds a bit.

@Richard88 looks like I've sold you on Joey JoJo Junior Shabadoo Peterka and ROR2.
Yeah I like Peterka, could be a good pick with our late 1st, though I think he'll get taken before that. His speed would be a good fit on this team next to Newhook maybe.

I do also like O'Rourke. I think it's important to hit on our earlier picks to make sure that we get some ELC's into the lineup. He might not be the swing-for-the-fences type of prospect, but he looks like a guy who projects to have a high floor with a solid all-round game and strong character, and having and ELC Dman on the bottom pairing (if not higher) could be a real blessing a couple of years down the line. Whether I would pick him would depend on which forwards are on the board at that stage though, as it's possible that a Reichel or Amirov has fallen into our laps.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
With the pandemic I wonder if some teams will try and save money on scouting by avoiding some or all of Europe, like the Avalanche did for a decade.

Should be an advantage to press.

You're obviously talking about the 2021 draft but that's a pretty good question actually.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
With the pandemic I wonder if some teams will try and save money on scouting by avoiding some or all of Europe, like the Avalanche did for a decade.

Should be an advantage to press.
Lol at that last part, but I am not sure since even if we have scouts that work for us, their home towns are the leagues they scout in. For example, Hepple is our head scout so he travels all over the world to watch players, but his home league is the OHL and I believe he has his house in Mississauga. He'll still be given excess to watch the games if the OHL return in the fall/winter as Joni Lehto will be able to watch Liiga matches. There's actually been a lot of players being loaned out to their native leagues for next season and Jack Drury just signed a deal with the Vaxjo Lakers in the SHL (probably the third biggest North American prospect since Matthews and Dobson to play in Europe instead of NA).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad