Prospect Info: The 2020 Entry NHL Draft Thread: Part II

Which player are you considering the most at 27th overall currently?

• Rodion Amirov, LW [Salavat Yulaev Ufa, KHL]

• Brendan Brisson, C [Chicago Steel, USHL]

• Dylan Holloway, LW [University of Wisconsin, NCAA]

• Jan Mysak, LW [Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL]

• Jake Neighbours, LW [Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL]

• Jacob Perreault, C [Sarnia Sting, OHL]

• John-Jason Peterka, LW [EHC Munchen, DEL]

• Jeremie Poirier, D [Saint John Sea Dogs, LHJMQ]

• William Wallinder, D [Modo Hockey, Allsvenskan]

• Other [List Below]

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Why Gabe? Brisson is a fantastic player and someone I believe in much more than Jarvis. Brisson has strong skating, fantastic IQ, can stickhandle close around the net, and is a brilliant goalscorer. People will say he had consistency issues, but he had one of the second best half of the years compared to any prospect for this draft. My only negative on him is that he had many points on the powerplay and junior PP points don't really translate to the pros. However, he has all the makings of being a very solid second liner and suggest that his hockey IQ and ability to carry the puck on the rush will put him as an excellent eventual replacement for Kadri.

Brilliant goal scorer? How can you say that when half his goals are coming on the power play. If you watch that video, it says his stick handling is quite good and one of his biggest strengths. It says he has a good shot but a lot of times he’s left all alone to have a big wind up. I think it attributed him being left alone to playing on a stacked team, having good instincts, and being on the power play. It doesn’t completely trash him. But mediocre or average skating at that level is bad skating in the NHL. His instincts might be good enough to create chances and time and space but that’s a big gamble when the skating is so questionable.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Brilliant goal scorer? How can you say that when half his goals are coming on the power play. If you watch that video, it says his stick handling is quite good and one of his biggest strengths. It says he has a good shot but a lot of times he’s left all alone to have a big wind up. I think it attributed him being left alone to playing on a stacked team, having good instincts, and being on the power play. It doesn’t completely trash him. But mediocre or average skating at that level is bad skating in the NHL. His instincts might be good enough to create chances and time and space but that’s a big gamble when the skating is so questionable.

Brisson would have scored more goals on any other team in the USHL. He is the straw that stirred the drink there and because of the options on that team along with their dominance kept his individual goals down. He needs to use his shot more and I think his unselfishness could keep his goals down... but his shot is NHL level in a variety of ways. Looks like a 25-30g scorer to me.

Other than Foudy, Brission is probably the best transition forward in this draft. He is elite at exiting the defensive zone and entering the offensive zone with possession. He's got some limitations for sure, and he needs 2+ years to refine his game and work on his skating... but I think he ends up one of the better players from this draft. From about 11-on he would be right in the debate for a selection from me.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Brisson would have scored more goals on any other team in the USHL. He is the straw that stirred the drink there and because of the options on that team along with their dominance kept his individual goals down. He needs to use his shot more and I think his unselfishness could keep his goals down... but his shot is NHL level in a variety of ways. Looks like a 25-30g scorer to me.

Other than Foudy, Brission is probably the best transition forward in this draft. He is elite at exiting the defensive zone and entering the offensive zone with possession. He's got some limitations for sure, and he needs 2+ years to refine his game and work on his skating... but I think he ends up one of the better players from this draft. From about 11-on he would be right in the debate for a selection from me.

He plays on a stacked team but would have scored more if he was playing on a team with less talented players? Don’t you see how counter intuitive that is?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He plays on a stacked team but would have scored more if he was playing on a team with less talented players? Don’t you see how counter intuitive that is?

It isn't at all. Chicago dominated teams and would be up 2-3+ goals quickly and would back off the ice time of the top players. I saw many games where their top line played evenly with the 4th line. His minutes were significantly limited compared to other top lines around the USHL. There were two other high end PP scoring options to where they spread the wealth a lot (De St. Phalle was their big PP gun). He was not the top shooting option on his power play unit. He didn't even start the season on the top PP unit and was on the 2nd unit for over half of the season. If he had played for Green Bay, he would have gotten the full PP time on each penalty and been the #1 shooting option. Would have popped 35+ goals too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Or maybe you're personally taking small segments of an entire post and exasperating it totally out of context? I can't help you brah, he's a good goalscorer even if he got a lot on the powerplay. Jarvis had like a ridiculous amount of points on the powerplay and got to play against a truly terrible Tri-City team like fifteen times last season...yet a lot of insiders peg him as a top 15 prospect.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Or maybe you're personally taking small segments of an entire post and exasperating it totally out of context? I can't help you brah, he's a good goalscorer even if he got a lot on the powerplay. Jarvis had like a ridiculous amount of points on the powerplay and got to play against a truly terrible Tri-City team like fifteen times last season...yet a lot of insiders peg him as a top 15 prospect.

Jarvis is a great skater among other things. He’s just not very big.

Wait! Are you a size queen?

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
What? Jarvis is a very mediocre skater for his size mate, Brisson is like Makar compared to him.

I see you want very much to believe that’s true. We can go back and forth like children in a sand box but I think it’s probably pointless. I’ll just say that I don’t agree.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I see you want very much to believe that’s true. We can go back and forth like children in a sand box but I think it’s probably pointless. I’ll just say that I don’t agree.
You're absolutely entitled to an opinion fam, I absolutely respect anything you're saying, but personally speaking your evaluation is all over the place. Saying that Brisson isn't a good goalscorer and that Jarvis as a skater is good and is at the same level of Brisson - if that's what you're implying - is troll level-esque for me.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hendrix Lapierre 2G 2A in first game to start the Q season tonight.

Not good (for us, in case we wanted him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad