Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Raymond or Rossi please!

That is the dream scenario, IMO.

The nightmare scenario is one, or both, falling to the Sabres and they take Sanderson.

:help:

Although, I would be suprised if Sanderson is there if Raymond or Rossi fall. I think that the Sabres need Drysdale and Sanderson to go in the first 7 picks for a player like Raymond or Rossi to fall to them.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
That is the dream scenario, IMO.

The nightmare scenario is one, or both, falling to the Sabres and they take Sanderson.

:help:

Although, I would be suprised if Sanderson is there if Raymond or Rossi fall. I think that the Sabres need Drysdale and Sanderson to go in the first 7 picks for a player like Raymond or Rossi to fall to them.

I've got exactly one friend who says drafting Sanderson would be on the level of drafting Lundell or Rossi (a very well-known former HFer), throwing comparables out like Suter and Pietrangelo...

He still wouldn't be my first choice, but I've moved him out of my nightmare category (Holtz and Quinn rule as kings there now)

(And, if this purported 2C+t6W myth happens, and we keep 8, I'm suddenly more interested in Sanderson.)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I've got exactly one friend who says drafting Sanderson would be on the level of drafting Lundell or Rossi (a very well-known former HFer), throwing comparables out like Suter and Pietrangelo...

He still wouldn't be my first choice, but I've moved him out of my nightmare category (Holtz and Quinn rule as kings there now)

(And, if this purported 2C+t6W myth happens, and we keep 8, I'm suddenly more interested in Sanderson.)

I don't see Sanderson having the offensive upside for that kind of comparison. Plus, with Dahlin here, Sanderson's ceiling on this roster is 2LD.

I like him as a prospect more now than a couple of months ago. The Scouching video really drew out the positives to his game for me. But, I just don't believe that he would be the best fit for the Sabres right now.

There will likely be at least 1 or 2 forwards that are way better fits. If they take Sanderson, it will be like the Sabres 2016 Draft where they passed on Sergachev, McAvoy, and Chychrun to take Nylander. I could see Sanderson being a better NHLer than Nylander. But, it is the need/fit part that is the main issue.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I don't see Sanderson having the offensive upside for that kind of comparison. Plus, with Dahlin here, Sanderson's ceiling on this roster is 2LD.

I like him as a prospect more now than a couple of months ago. The Scouching video really drew out the positives to his game for me. But, I just don't believe that he would be the best fit for the Sabres right now.

There will likely be at least 1 or 2 forwards that are way better fits. If they take Sanderson, it will be like the Sabres 2016 Draft where they passed on Sergachev, McAvoy, and Chychrun to take Nylander. I could see Sanderson being a better NHLer than Nylander. But, it is the need/fit part that is the main issue.

This was the pie I got served:

Dahlin - xxx

Sanderson - Jokiharju (shutdown pair)

I too watch Scouching, which is how I came to buy this scenario as decent, IF the myth trade happens sans 8.

If the draft was tomorrow, 100%. You go Rossi(if he falls), Lundell(default safe pick), and seriously talk about Raymond(if he falls).

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This was the pie I got served:

Dahlin - xxx

Sanderson - Jokiharju (shutdown pair)

I too watch Scouching, which is how I came to buy this scenario as decent, IF the myth trade happens sans 8.

If the draft was tomorrow, 100%. You go Rossi(if he falls), Lundell(default safe pick), and seriously talk about Raymond(if he falls).

I doubt we get a trade that improves the top 6 forward situation for the medium to long term. And when looking at a 1st round draft pick, that is what you are looking at and not the short term.

It's not like Adams is going to be able to keep the 8th pick and add two young top 6 Fs.

If they take Sanderson, my reaction will be similar to the Nylander pick. I won't like it. But, I will hope it works out. The problem is that with how Nylander worked out and all the scouting changes that have happened recently, I will probably be less optimistic.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I'm hoping that firing all the scouts will actually save us from passing on a good player in favor of Sanderson.

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
Who I do NOT want to win the lottery - in order:
1. Tor
2. NYR
3. Pit
4. Edm
5. Flo
6. Win
7. Min

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think Edmonton would be kind of funny. Even Pitt for that matter.

I don't really want WPG to get him, but that could accelerate a forward for defense trade with us.

Nyr and Fla are closer to toronto for me because we're closer to competing with or passing them if they don't have laf.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Who I do NOT want to win the lottery - in order:
1. Tor
2. NYR
3. Pit
4. Edm
5. Flo
6. Win
7. Min

For me, it's:

1.) TOR
2.) EDM
gap
3.) PIT
gap
4.) NYR
BIG GAP
5.) FLA
HUGMONGOUS GAP
6.) Winnipeg
7.) Nashville
8.) Minny

Ideally, one of the Western teams not named "Edmonton" gets AF. I'd like to see the Wild get it, but am not upset in the least if the Jets or Preds get it.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think one of these four players will be in Buffalo

Rossi
Raymond
Perfetti
Holtz

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Rossi isn't making it to 8. But we should be able to get a really good player at 8. Most people see a pretty big drop after the top 10. They say this years top 10 is above average, especially for forwards. This should mean we get a top 6 player out of this draft.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Rossi isn't making it to 8. But we should be able to get a really good player at 8. Most people see a pretty big drop after the top 10. They say this years top 10 is above average, especially for forwards. This should mean we get a top 6 player out of this draft.

You never know.

There is always a guy that seems to go in the top 6 or 7 picks that is a wildcard.

If Perfetti to the Wings at 4 happens, I think Rossi sliding isn't a crazy scenario. Especially if teams are worried about the drop off after the top 2 D and both Drysdale and Sanderson go early.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
You never know.

There is always a guy that seems to go in the top 6 or 7 picks that is a wildcard.

If Perfetti to the Wings at 4 happens, I think Rossi sliding isn't a crazy scenario. Especially if teams are worried about the drop off after the top 2 D and both Drysdale and Sanderson go early.

NYR LAFRENIERE
LAK BYFIELD
OTT STUTZLE
DET PERFETTI
OTT DRYSDALE
ANA RAYMOND
NJD SANDERSON

Right on. This isn't a radical, unbelievable scenario...

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
With that scenario its a quartet tossup for me, Lundell, Quinn, Holtz and Jarvis in no real particular order as they each have strengths and weaknesses

Not really a Holtz fan. Would rather just take the safe player in Lundell from that group.

My worry with Rossi is that he doesn't have a ton of room left to develop. He's physically there already. I don't see him getting that much faster or stronger. But I do like his game a lot.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Not really a Holtz fan. Would rather just take the safe player in Lundell from that group.

My worry with Rossi is that he doesn't have a ton of room left to develop. He's physically there already. I don't see him getting that much faster or stronger. But I do like his game a lot.

Holtz is my Caulfieild from last year - projected to go where we’re selecting, but I hope like hell that he falls past us. We need well-rounded players more than anything right now.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I can see Rossi improving his speed by tweaking his stride. His initial burst and lateral movement is fine, it just seems he doesn't dig in as much past the first few strides. As for strength, he already is very strong and being as compact he's going to be tough to handle along the walls.

I like Quinn over Holtz as he's a better 200' player but Holtz has superstar potential albeit a lower floor

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad