GDT: The 2019 NCAA Football Thread

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
State, Carolina, Duke, and Wake are all losers this week.

Is it possible to defund the football programs, have the club Hockey teams make the jump to NCAA status essentially replacing football and just let App State be the de facto football team in the state?

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Good, they should have lost to WVU as well a few weeks back

Speaking of, we may actually have a QB for next season. Took us 9 games to find him but Doege is legit

I was going to ask you about that, haven’t caught a game this season, I will be in WV in a couple weeks

Reactions: DaveG

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Good job NC State way to not qualify for a bowl game..
VMI > Citadel > Georgia Tech > NC State

I would say Doeren needs to be fired but they're only paying him 1.5 million a year. That's barely above coordinator money for teams that really want to win.

It appears he actually makes much more than that. 3.25... so the seat is definitely hot but he gets more time due to his back to back 9 win seasons before this

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I was kind of hoping the Rivalry game was going to come down to win and you get a bowl.. but no NC State has to lose to Georgia Tech (ACC power house move aside Clemson!)

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I mean, 6 wins was max expectation heading into the year; anything else was delusional. Knowing it was going to be a down year, then all of the injuries on top, it's hard to put it on DD. The biggest neg is the QB situation, which I'm actually not as down on as I initially was. Well, that and the play calling, but that can be driven by depleted personnel. He's got one more year in my view.

Reactions: Tryamw

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Thats what happens when half the team leaves for the NFL and the OC takes another job, unless you're Alabama or Ohio State.

It'd be pretty foolish to fire the guy but he's definitely on the hot seat for next season. He's never had a signature win in 7 seasons, his best win would be what, that UNC game at Kenan a few years ago that saved his job?

incoming rant alert :soap:

Speaking of which, why oh why does this stupid game have to be on at the same time the Hurricanes will be playing in Tampa? I'm trying so hard to get my family interested in their home-town Hockey team but that ain't happening, and we're going to be out somewhere the night before when the Predators come to town. Damn you ACC Network. I bet from now on it will be a 7pm or whatever start too, and the Canes will be on at the same time. It might be different a few years from now but this years matchup is not one that deserves prime-time. Ok rant over.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I've found the number of primetime games we've had this season very odd, given how shitty we are. How does this flex shit even work?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad