GDT: The 2019 NCAA Football Thread

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Clemson game was bizarre. A few years ago it wouldn't have been but this season it made no sense to have that be prime-time.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Wild, wild ending to the egg bowl.

I know the kicker will catch it for missing the elongated extra point but that loss is on the kid and his antics in endzone.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
LMAO that was hilariously stupid. Funny thing is they (Ole Miss) did the same thing either last year or the year before (player lifts his leg to "pee" after a TD), but leave it to Ole Miss not to learn from it.

Edit: :laugh: Miss State fans are dubbing this one "The piss and the miss"

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
It was an entertaining game. Bad result from my point of view, but all good things must end. Glad we kept our bowl streak alive after such a rough start to the season.
Those last 4 plays by VT (including the falling before moving a yard on the return) were some of the worst footballing I've seen outside an NC State game

Reactions: Tryamw

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
I would totally be ok with the Panthers finishing dead last next season in order to get Trevor Lawrence. Just saying.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
I wouldn't say no either but he's gonna need a damn good offensive line. Thats not something the Panthers are good at drafting-wise.
They’d better start the management purge Monday morning. Hopefully, the new blood will be better at that. I guess we’ll find out.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Originally was considering going to Jacksonville, but money is an issue to travel down that way, so instead, I'll head on down to the local Hoosiers bar Thursday and spend $30 on stuffed breadsticks and spicy chicken sandwiches.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Originally was considering going to Jacksonville, but money is an issue to travel down that way, so instead, I'll head on down to the local Hoosiers bar Thursday and spend $30 on stuffed breadsticks and spicy chicken sandwiches.

I went to the Gator Bowl when NC State played Florida when I was about 4, so this would have been 1992. Not only did a heavy fog roll through like half-way through the game which made it impossible to see the field, but the stadium ran out of hot dogs at half-time. 0/10 would not recommend. Frankly at that age I thought the damn game was rigged anyways, "Gator" bowl and the Florida "Gators" were involved.

As bad as that was, it was nothing compared to when the Papa Johns Bowl ran out of Pizza in the first quarter :laugh:

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...tball/josh-kendall-blog/article122843754.html

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
After 3 quarters, the Hoosiers are finally gonna do it. They're gonna win a damn bowl game.

No blowouts in Arizona or Santa Clara and no field goals to lose sleep over. We're finally winning a bowl!

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Sure enough, it can't be this easy. No! And Tennessee gets the lead.

I'm sorry bro. Was rooting for your boys. 1991 was a long damn time ago.

Well looks like thats short of the 1st and Tennessee will punt. Hoosiers still have a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad