Status
Not open for further replies.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
guess nobody gave a **** about the avs until 2009

Did he touch a sore spot? :laugh:

Wait, you would be choked if we got the next Bergeron?

The next Bergeron is exactly what this team needs

Turcotte’s a great fit for what this roster needs. I’m just one of the few long-standing Dach believers so if he ends up going 3OA and succeeding I’ll bit a touch disappointed it didn’t end up being with us.

Reactions: Gabe the Babe

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Is there any team that doesn't need the next Bergeron? 4 X Selke winner, SC winner, straight to the HOF...

Don't think it's fair to expect that from any prospect.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

x8sjp6weqtxm6pe8.jpg

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Is there any team that doesn't need the next Bergeron? 4 X Selke winner, SC winner, straight to the HOF...

Don't think it's fair to expect that from any prospect.

By no means do I expect it, just responding to the hypothetical. Even if Turcotte becomes a Couturier type that'd be awesome.

This is a slam dunk of a pick if he's there. I really hope the Avs don't overthink it.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
After the first two this draft has been so chaotic. Hearing Dachs name lumped in with Chicago now makes me feel a whole lot better since I wanted Turcotte at first. If its that close for them you know we are going to get a great forward at 4, should we pass on Byram.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I've been Team Turcotte since we found out we were #4, with Byram a close second. I feel like things are setting up beautifully for him to be there and us to pass on both him and Byram. Oh well. Zegras would still be nice as well. I just hate having potentially ROR 2.0 staring us in the face and we just pass.

Reactions: Barklez

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Chicago, take Dach. Doooooo it. I’ve had to wait since 2015 for the Avs to actually pick my annual prospect crush!
Becareful what you wish for I had both my prospect crushes chosen in 2011, Landeskog and Siemens. It doesnt always go the way you think. 1 out of 2 aint bad I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nihiliste

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Given the choice - Turcotte (barely). I really like Byram and partnering with Makar is so tempting.

Turcotte is the type of player to absolutely fit the needs of the team with a strong 2-way game. Dach has questions, especially his mid-season swoon. Zegras is gifted offensively, but skinny and less talented.

Byram. Alternative choice, 1D are extremely rare and adding another high end player will solidify their blue line You can't go wrong with this pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyfysher

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Becareful what you wish for I had both my prospect crushes chosen in 2011, Landeskog and Siemans. It doesnt always go the way you think. 1 out of 2 aint bad I guess.
Rantanen has worked out well so far. I think Turcotte is just about as close to a lock to be a top-6 center as any prospect can be. Last year I wanted Tkachuk, but Ottawa kept the pick. Year before I wanted Heiskanen, before that it was Keller.

If I had to go out on a limb at 16, I'd say Knight is the best pick there, followed by York. Or Podkolzin if he falls, obviously.

Reactions: S3rkie

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
One thing that makes me shaky about Byram is something that somebody said on here, Hench maybe, that this year is a bit of a weak draft Dman wise. So he might be artificially inflated because there's nobody else as good as him in this draft.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
When I'm disappointed that we didn't get Hughes or Kakko and only drafted Turcotte/Byram/Dach, then I try to remember it's like being disappointed that we only drafted Mikko and not McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad