Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
One thing that makes me shaky about Byram is something that somebody said on here, Hench maybe, that this year is a bit of a weak draft Dman wise. So he might be artificially inflated because there's nobody else as good as him in this draft.

I've read the same concerns.

The player most often being compared is Bouchard. Here are the stat lines in their draft year.

GM/G/A/PTS/PIM/ +/-

Bouchard - Drafted 2018 (10th OA)
2017-18London KnightsOHL672562875423
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Byram
2018-19Vancouver GiantsWHL672645718033
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Both players are incredibly similar statistically.

Bouchard had a much higher point, but fewer penalties and +/-. He also led his team in scoring by a staggering 33 points!

Byram played much more TOI, with a greater season and playoff success.

Could Byram be inflated due to the weak DMan draft year? Bouchard was the 4th DMen selected in 2018. Is Byram considered that much better than Bouchard? Would he be considered this high if he was a few months older last year?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Turcotte going to us would solve the issue of losing a player who just dominated Chicago regularly after Varly leaves.

Talk about a chip on your shoulder.. Getting snubbed by your home town team and going to a rival. That's a gut punch.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I've read the same concerns.

The player most often being compared is Bouchard. Here are the stat lines in their draft year.

GM/G/A/PTS/PIM/ +/-

Bouchard - Drafted 2018 (10th OA)
2017-18London KnightsOHL672562875423
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Byram
2018-19Vancouver GiantsWHL672645718033
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Both players are incredibly similar statistically.

Bouchard had a much higher point, but fewer penalties and +/-. He also led his team in scoring by a staggering 33 points!

Byram played much more TOI, with a greater season and playoff success.

Could Byram be inflated due to the weak DMan draft year? Bouchard was the 4th DMen selected in 2018. Is Byram considered that much better than Bouchard? Would he be considered this high if he was a few months older last year?

Dont tell me you’re backtracking on Byram after all the shit you’ve been spewing for the last month+.

Reactions: timothy jimothy

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Dont tell me you’re backtracking on Byram after all the **** you’ve been spewing for the last month+.

Not at all... try to be un-bias if possible. You might not like someone else's opinions, but you need to contribute something tangible rather than complaining.

I always wanted Turcotte, but changed to Cozens/Byram due to his serious injury. After he seemed to have fully recovered, he remained my choice. Just didn't think he might be available ie Hughes/Kakko there is no point commenting further.

Byram during the season distanced himself against the others. He is easily the best choice after Turcotte. Cozens didn't seem as impressive and never really liked Dach. Zegras would be my 5th choice.

Selecting either Turcotte/Byram, there is little preference. Just don't want Dach/Cozens/Pod/Caulfied.

Don't believe the Hawks would choose anyone else besides Turcotte...so still supporting Byram.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Not at all... try to be un-bias if possible. You might not like someone else's opinions, but you need to contribute something tangible rather than complaining.

I always wanted Turcotte, but changed to Cozens/Byram due to his serious injury. After he seemed to have fully recovered, he remained my choice. Just didn't think he might be available ie Hughes/Kakko there is no point commenting further.

Byram during the season distanced himself against the others. He is easily the best choice after Turcotte. Cozens didn't seem as impressive and never really liked Dach. Zegras would be my 5th choice.

Selecting either Turcotte/Byram, there is little preference. Just don't want Dach/Cozens/Pod/Caulfied.

Don't believe the Hawks would choose anyone else besides Turcotte...so still supporting Byram.

Right, I’ll take your lead and try to be unbiased :laugh:

I quit reading after that, hopefully you didn’t make any good points I might’ve missed.

Reactions: Nihiliste

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad