Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't really buy the Hawks passing on the hometown kid Turcotte with Bowman's history of smokescreens, but I'll tell you one thing. If they do pass on him, and the Avs snag him, we'll be kicking the shit out of Chicago for the next decade.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yep. Most consistent guy out of the bunch has been Byram

But that pregnant pause on the last question really sounds like Hepple and Joe DON'T have the same pick, and he said it's ultimately Joe's decision.

Lots to chew on there, and I'm sure we'll be referencing this in the future no matter who they pick.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Yep. Most consistent guy out of the bunch has been Byram
Depends if you consider the time Turcotte has been out as part of that consistency. He did say "every time I've watched him"

Hepple has said previously that they always knew Turcotte was good and the recent buzz wasn't a new thing

What did Moser say at the end my speakers are ****ty," same as Jost?"

"Same as Joe's?"
I think. So same person as Sakic's pick

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Not Turcotte or Dach, it sounds like.

The only thing during that segment which gave a small hint was the word "consistent". It could be a hint against Dach, but, quite honestly, all these interviews are just teasing us. From Hepple's interview's, conference calls etc the last month, we can say he's praised Byram, Dach and Zegras to the high heavens. And the only reason I'm not including Turcotte here is because I still see him and Chicago as a slam dunk. Point is, we shouldn't read much at all into these snippets coming out just before the draft, imo.

Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Could be a smokescreen but that's multiple people now talking Dach as a possibility to the Hawks when he wasn't even in the conversation before.

Yo @RoyIsALegend, they're about to steal Getzlaf 2.0 from us.

Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad