Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think Landy is the easy target after Barrie, but the sneaky one is Girard. I could see those negotiations being tricky with a 2 year bridge, then the inevitable nonsense will ensue.

Reactions: cgf

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I think Landy is the easy target after Barrie, but the sneaky one is Girard. I could see those negotiations being tricky with a 2 year bridge, then the inevitable nonsense will ensue.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they move Zadorov. I think he will ask more than he is worth and judging by reports they are already iffy on him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they move Zadorov. I think he will ask more than he is worth and judging by reports they are already iffy on him.

Oh I think Z will be moved within the next year or two, but I can't see his name generating much chatter. Other than the outcry here when it happens. The board certainly won't be calling for it like it is with Barrie.

Reactions: Y3TI and Ivan13

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Reactions: Foxtail

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
My guess is it goes Barrie ---> Landeskog---->Girard---->Rantanen---->Mackinnon---->Makar

In order of guys we eventually trade because our team refuses to pay good players good money. But Ian Cole will get his 4.25M from us for the next two years you've got no worries about that one.
Don't forget Byram or Turcotte.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
My guess is it goes Barrie ---> Landeskog---->Girard---->Rantanen---->Mackinnon---->Makar

In order of guys we eventually trade because our team refuses to pay good players good money. But Ian Cole will get his 4.25M from us for the next two years you've got no worries about that one.

You guys are forgetting about the inevitable slap fight over trading or not trading Soda at the TDL.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

You just had to actually vocalize it, didn't you? We were all thinking it but you just couldn't stop yourself from being that guy and actually saying it SMDH

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
One more freaking day. Feels like we’ve been waiting for this pick since the Reagan administration. I’ve fallen into previous draft speculation before, but nothing close to this rabbit hole. I had a trippy dream about getting pizza with Peyton Krebs last night.
Did he have good character?
Yeah and what did you make of his achilles?

Reactions: Lemonlimey

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You just had to actually vocalize it, didn't you? We were all thinking it but you just couldn't stop yourself from being that guy and actually saying it SMDH
gyw.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Oh I think Z will be moved within the next year or two, but I can't see his name generating much chatter. Other than the outcry here when it happens. The board certainly won't be calling for it like it is with Barrie.

They're different ages in entirely different situations. Zadorov isn't a pending UFA with a history of tough negotiations with the team.

When Barrie was Zadorov's age, he had two full NHL seasons under his belt.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
The answer is, and I think we agree, is that he isn't that guy.

Agreed.

That’s what I’ve keep thinking. He’s the Keith replacement that they just don’t have. They have a lot of D prospects but none that are blue chip top pairing guys, or at least top pairing guys that can replace Keith’s role.

So then if the Hawks PASS on a guy like Byram to draft a center while having Toews and Strome as their #1 and #2 already, that should send off a bit of a flag that their scouting staff didn't see Byram as a blue-chip, top pair guy. A team with that need, shouldn't be passing on him.

Reactions: Y3TI

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC

He says like it’s not an HF constant.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

I think Z will sign with the Avs long-term this summer. He doesn't put up enough points to justify a huge payday. I can see a 5 year deal for $3.5M - $4M per.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
They're different ages in entirely different situations. Zadorov isn't a pending UFA with a history of tough negotiations with the team.

When Barrie was Zadorov's age, he had two full NHL seasons under his belt.

Zadorov is on his way to a potentially having a second protracted contract negotiation with the Avs...so they’re a little more alike than not.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I think Z will sign with the Avs long-term this summer. He doesn't put up enough points to justify a huge payday. I can see a 5 year deal for $3.5M - $4M per.

I don't think he justifies it either, but I don't believe he shares our opinion. They already went through rough round of negotiations once. I see no reason it ends up different this time.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Zadorov is on his way to a potentially having a second protracted contract negotiation with the Avs...so they’re a little more alike than not.

Yeah, but for some reason Ty is a problem child and the guy who was unsigned until mid September ahas his negotiations somehow swept under the rug.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

If they end up having another one sure, but we're not there yet. For the situations to be the same, Zadorov would also have to be a pending UFA with 1-2 years left on his deal. Or going to arbitration with his UFA status coming up soon. Thats when most of the Barrie trade talk started, outside the occasional proposal.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah, but for some reason Ty is a problem child and the guy who was unsigned until mid September ahas his negotiations somehow swept under the rug.

As of now, they're not the same. Barrie took until September to sign coming out of his ELC, then went all the way through arbitration on his next contract.

We can call them similar, if Zadorov goes through arbitration this summer, but as of now it's still June.

You gotta start high, but even as an initial ask that is absurd.

Not really IMO. If they go to arbitration, the Avs will offer in the $3M's, and Z will ask for $5M hoping to get around $4M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad