Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Byram!

Hawks HF Board, slightly favors the DMan over Turcotte. AVs fan poll is overwhelmingly in favour of Byram 60%+ on the assumption Turvotte is gone compared to everyone else.

I know some here complain about about the fan girl Byram supporters, but it seems Hawks and AVs would rather choose either Turcotte or Byram.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Prediction: Chicago will take Byram, after the draft it will be revealed that there was a deal in place for Barrie to go to Vancouver if Byram was available @#4 for us to take.

Reactions: Foxtail

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Prediction: Chicago will take Byram, after the draft it will be revealed that there was a deal in place for Barrie to go to Vancouver if Byram was available @#4 for us to take.

Nightmare scenario...Barrie and Horvat both staying.

:pb:

Turcotte is still a nice consolation. :D

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Ill be fine with whomever we take at 4 but starting to really want dach. Think hes the home run pick and ive never been a safe pick fan. I know most prefer turcotte but just dont see the same level of potential as a dach or zegras. Turcotte would be a great fit but its hopefully gonna be a long time before we draft this high again so prefer the upside of a dach
:clap:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

I don't believe that Byram will be ready to play in the NHL next year, or at least play in a manner that provides any meaningful impact. Should any decision about Barrie be connected to whether or not the Avs select Byram?

Reactions: S3rkie

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I don't believe that Byram will be ready to play in the NHL next year, or at least play in a manner that provides any meaningful impact. Should any decision about Barrie be connected to whether or not the Avs select Byram?
If they are drafting for today's team they are setting themselves up to have a bad time.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

Meh, just toss Timmins/Meloche in there to be the sacrificial lamb to replace Trade Value. Neither are ready and will most certainly be ruined as prospects after getting massacred in the NHL but who gives a f***.

PS: We should re-sign Trade Value

:sarcasm:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
The day has finally arrived!
By tomorrow night we will finally know the last two pieces of the Duchene trade.

I'm so ready to start talking mad crap about the guys we don't pick. I'm telling you, I'm still leaning Byram (if Turcotte is gone) but if we go with Dach (who I have no issues with), I'll start spouting off "Byram projecting as a 5th defensemen" statements left and right. f*** em. :laugh:

Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
There is a sarcasm emoji
Yeah, also can be used to say "oh I'm just being indirect and not directly saying it" in that situation.

You actually claiming you're not serious about it? Because its not funny. Its just random (to the point its hard to imagine its actually a joke) and has been from the start (let alone weeks later)

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Turcotte or Byram and I'm happy. Anything else and I'll be slightly disappointed.

The pick at 16 is intriguing. Door is wide open at that pick.

I just hope if we pick Dach people don’t get all insane with penciling him to the lineup because “kid is big”. He will need as much maturation time and development as any choice we can make at that spot. Patience for whoever we pick please. The door is open for Sakic to improve the opening night roster for this upcoming season in a myriad of ways and none have to do with force feeding an 18 year-old kid into the lineup.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Turcotte or Byram and I'm happy. Anything else and I'll be slightly disappointed.

The pick at 16 is intriguing. Door is wide open at that pick.

I'm in the Turcotte/Byram/Dach in that order camp but agree that anything that strays from that will leave me a bit upset. A Caufield pick would piss me off. If we pick Pod at 4th, I'll remove every "like" I've ever given to @cgf .

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Same opinion as it has been for weeks

Turcotte, Byram, Zegras, and Dach in that order. Will be legitimately saddened by any other choice at 4.

Reactions: missionAvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad