Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Byram is the best defensive prospect in this draft, but I don't think he is an elite prospect at the position. A weaker year for higher end defensemen, but deep in the #2-4 sort of D projections. Zegras is the guy I'd pick at 4 with zero hesitation. I'd take him at 3.
Exactly this for me , just hoping the Hawks take Turcotte instead

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
These comparisons are off, just because Cozens is a better skater doesn’t mean Turcotte is bad. Alex is going to be good at the NHL level which is...well, simply good.
Turcotte is a great skater he just lacks the top gear to pull away not dissing on him. He has great edges and acceleration but Cozens is faster top speed

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think the trade up is for Broberg.

I think they've got themselves set on a forward(Dach, Turcotte, or Zegras most likely) at 4 and then want to get who they consider the best Dman besides Byram with our 2nd 1st, but at 16 they're not confident of that guy being available.

But I also dont think they'd overpay significant to get it done. They'll probably have #16 + #47 as the package to see how far up they can go and if it doesn't get them high enough to get Broberg they'll just sit tight and take whoever the BPA ends up being.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Turcotte is a great skater he just lacks the top gear to pull away not dissing on him. He has great edges and acceleration but Cozens is faster top speed
That’s my point though, just because Cozens is better doesn’t mean Turcotte is in the last half of prospect who are terrible skaters. Not sure what you’re trying to argue because I came into this late, but Turcotte has aspects where he is better than Cozens in.

Reactions: Meeqs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Turcotte is more skilled and is a smarter player who can play at different paces much easier. I always have a bit of a size preference at center, and I'd take Turcotte over Cozens 10 out of 10 times. When he got healthy, all of his questions were answered. He's also a big, big time leader too. Future captain material. The team he goes too will be very happy with him in the end.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I'd be more interested in moving down given the fact we can still get a player from the same "group"

And teams usually pay a lot to move up, and I'd prefer to be on the other side of that deal.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I think the trade up is for Broberg.

I think they've got themselves set on a forward(Dach, Turcotte, or Zegras most likely) at 4 and then want to get who they consider the best Dman besides Byram with our 2nd 1st, but at 16 they're not confident of that guy being available.

But I also dont think they'd overpay significant to get it done. They'll probably have #16 + #47 as the package to see how far up they can go and if it doesn't get them high enough to get Broberg they'll just sit tight and take whoever the BPA ends up being.
Agree. Seider might be another target for them with moving up if Broberg is gone. LHD is a bigger need but with Makar liking to play on the left side and the uncertainty on Timmins and Meloche, Seider is a very good option. Oh and there is always the Barrie thing also......

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd be more interested in moving down given the fact we can still get a player from the same "group"

And teams usually pay a lot to move up, and I'd prefer to be on the other side of that deal.

Given the Avs' history, they are much likely to do better at 10 than 16 than 20... orders of magnitude better actually. I get the assets side, but having 2-3 players that disappoint or bust is not better than having 1 successful player.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
That’s my point though, just because Cozens is better doesn’t mean Turcotte is in the last half of prospect who are terrible skaters. Not sure what you’re trying to argue because I came into this late, but Turcotte has aspects where he is better than Cozens in.
Yeah well all the point wsx Cozens is faster , Not hi g to do with overall skill . Was just responding to earlier posts , you obviously didn't go back and read. No big deal :dunno:

Never said I'd prefer Cozens overTurcotte or anything, it's a really tough call on the top 10 or so this year. I prefer Zegras but whomever the team picks , I'll be onboard

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy G

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Yeah well all the point wsx Cozens is faster , Not hi g to do with overall skill . Was just responding to earlier posts , you o:dd:bviously didn't go back and read. No big deal :dunno:

Never said I'd prefer Cozens overTurcotte or anything, it's a really tough call on the top 10 or so this year. I prefer Zegras but whomever the team picks , I'll be onboard
Did your other account get banned, New Scotlander?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Still waiting to gain something from the times we moved down in the past.

Reactions: Y3TI

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
Cozens will be a winger and Turcotte will be a center so they aren't really that comparable. Cozens is bigger, a tad faster and has a slightly better shot, but also has 0 IQ. Turcotte is better 2 way and has crazy high IQ, he is also the better prospect.

If you are a team that wants a boom or bust power forward winger then Cozens will be a good option along with maybe a Brody or Pod.

If you want a Center then you are looking at Turcotte, Dach and maybe Zegras and Krebs.

Can I get a link to where Cozens' IQ is questioned, much less zero???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad