Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Zegras has the highest chance to beat or to be near similar skill that Kakko or Hughes could be. Other players don't have that high ceiling.

Doubt Zegras would be the choice. I believe Turcotte or Podkolzin might have the highest ceilings. Turcotte is the safer pick.

So unless they trade down for an extra asset, it’s likely Byram/Turcotte/Dach.

Reactions: highlandeskog

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I still think Turcotte’s the guy we pick. Make’s too much sense to me given Sakic’s mentality. Fills a huge need on top of being a safer pick than others. I would be happy with any one of Turcotte, Byram or Dach, though. (I know/ have seen nothing about Zegras, but from what I’ve read, he doesn’t seem like a Sakic pick to me).

I think we take Byram if Chicago takes Turcotte.

Last edited:

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
The Avs possibly trying to move up is interesting. That's not something they do so they must really like someone if that's true. Just a complete guess on my part but if they go Byram at #4, I could see them trying to grab someone like Krebs or Newhook.
The only way I would be ok with the Avs passing on Turcotte or Zebras is if they were able to pull a trade up to grab Krebs, Pods, Dach, or even Cozens. Jmo

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
The Avs possibly trying to move up is interesting. That's not something they do so they must really like someone if that's true. Just a complete guess on my part but if they go Byram at #4, I could see them trying to grab someone like Krebs or Newhook.

Trading up sounded a bit surprising at first. But if it is to get a higher rated forward in the case they go Byram at 4, that does seem the most likely reasoning they might do so.

Reactions: LTC Pain

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Last couple drafts it seems our pick comes just a little bit after a tier drop off. Perhaps they want to be ready to possibly ditch the "sit tight and hope for a faller to keep falling," strategy.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I'm still mesmerized by the thought of Colorado adding two first round forwards.

I'd be totally happy with Byram (4th) or Soderstrom/York (16th - or earlier). But I'd be much happier with two forwards, due to the fact that this team's forward depth, both in the NHL and in the organization, is scary bad.

It's basically the "Big 3", plus an interesting collection of middle/bottom 6 forwards. Adding a Dach/Turcotte/Zegras and following it up with another forward like a Boldy/Krebs/Newhook would bolster Colorado's organizational depth in a way we haven't seen for many years.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Trading up sounded a bit surprising at first. But if it is to get a higher rated forward in the case they go Byram at 4, that does seem the most likely reasoning they might do so.
I think it's going to be the opposite. I think the Avs want Byram but they expect the Hawks will take him. So now they move on and fill an equal need by taking a C at #4 (Turcotte/Dach) and then move up and ensure they get a LD (Harley/Broberg).

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
W
True, but all the trusted posters here think that Zegras has one of the highest ceilings. The biggest question involving him isn't really his talent level, but if he's a winger or centre in the long run.
I do think he has one of the highest ceilings.
I just think the guys like Byram, Turocotte and Dach can equally be argued so acting like there is a definitive pick there is silly. A lot of players have high ceilings their. I can even see an argument for Cozens and Podkolzin.

Y3TI

Sep 28, 2017
True, but all the trusted posters here think that Zegras has one of the highest ceilings. The biggest question involving him isn't really his talent level, but if he's a winger or centre in the long run.

My worry about Zebras isn’t him as a prospect, it’s about the organization have the patience to let him fully develop. He may need to go the Makar route of 2 years in college, but will he have the self-awareness that Cale did to go back if he needs it?

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad