Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part VI

Which Goaler (besides Knight) would you want the Avs to draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
vqGeMsr.gif

Helleson is one of the purest passers in this draft. He isn't overly creative and doesn't take a ton of chances, but his passes are just so crisp and accurate all the time. If he ever learns to push that skill more, he has untapped offense.
As I've said before, Patrick Bateman gifs are an auto-like.

Reactions: henchman21

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Prob wrong time to be asking that after he put up 1 point in the playoffs:laugh:
I know we all joke around about how lame Calgary is, but more Monahan's fault than Gaudreau's (even though he shares the blame). He' still better than any player on the Avs not named MacKinnon.

Reactions: cgf

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Not that I want to take him at #4, but why? He'd be amazing on MacK's wing even if we gave them captain average to be their third wheel.
I just think that's way too soon for him. Insanely skilled but.. I'd rather shoot for getting that legit #2C than gambling on a tiny scoring winger. One is a lot more important than the other.

Plus we already get pushed around by bigger teams as it is, I'd rather not add to that.

If he were available around our pick.. 100%, but at 4th overall there's quite a few great options, why go for the high risk?

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Boldy is really looking good but I don't think the Avs have what it takes to trade up to get him. I am going to assume he is gone between 7-10. I do not see a good fit for trading up.
I know it's not a popular opinion but i think we can do something.
Trade with Edmonton for Lucic and 8th for a 2nd round pick + Andrighetto

AFK

Jan 8, 2014
That's a hefty price to pay just to unload a contract.

Edit: didn't realize he had 4yrs @ 6 remaining. That contract is brutal af...just slightly less than Mack's :huh:

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I can think of few better ways to kill a contention window than to add a $6 million dollar deadweight who scored 10 goals last season and 6 goals season. For another four years. With a NMC, requiring expansion draft protection. At least we'd have another shiny prospect, though.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I can think of few better ways to kill a contention window than to add a $6 million dollar deadweight who scored 10 goals last season and 6 goals season. For another four years. With a NMC, requiring expansion draft protection. At least we'd have another shiny prospect, though.

People keep bringing this up about a few different players.

I thought only the team that signed the contract with the player had to honour the NTC/NMCs? Essentially once they were moved once, those clauses were void.

Am I way out to lunch here? Did this change?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
People keep bringing this up about a few different players.

I thought only the team that signed the contract with the player had to honour the NTC/NMCs? Essentially once they were moved once, those clauses were void.

Am I way out to lunch here? Did this change?

Not in my understanding. If a player is traded before their NTC / NMC has kicked in, i.e. if a player is traded in June and their NTC on a contract they signed doesn't kick in until July 1, then I believe the receiving team has the option of simply voiding / not recognizing the clause. However, if a player is traded when they have an effective NTC / NMC, I believe both parties (player and team) would have to agree for it to be voided for the rest of the contract.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Not in my understanding. If a player is traded before their NTC / NMC has kicked in, i.e. if a player is traded in June and their NTC on a contract they signed doesn't kick in until July 1, then I believe the receiving team has the option of simply voiding / not recognizing the clause. However, if a player is traded when they have an effective NTC / NMC, I believe both parties (player and team) would have to agree for it to be voided for the rest of the contract.

No-Trade/No-Move Clauses — The Fourth Period

A player with a no-trade clause (NTC) or no-movement clause (NMC - cannot be placed on waivers or sent to minors) must accept a move by waiving his clause in order to be traded. This list has been compiled from various sources, including NHL documents, internal sources and other media outlets.

Please Note:
- some players who previously had a NTC/NMC may not have one for the 2018-19 season
- some players who previously had a NTC/NMC may no longer as a result of it being waived by previously being traded
- some players not listed below may not have their NTC/NMC kick-in until they turn 26 or older, or in the future years of their contracts

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Broberg is having a strong U18 to this point (along with Cam York among the higher ranked defensemen).

Reactions: avsfan09

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Went and looked on capfriendly, I think I had it right
If the player is traded before the clause takes effect, the acquiring team can opt to void the clause

However, if a player is traded when the clause is in effect:
The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
  • This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
  • If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified
So, for all intents and purposes, the player gets to decide in Lucic's case. If the acquiring team refused to sign a clause recognizing his NTC and NMC he could simply refuse to waive to that team. Agreeing to waive could easily be conditional on the acquiring team signing that his NMC will carry through...little reason for him to give it away and then be prey to being moved anywhere in the league after that.

Reactions: Barklez

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Yeah that is how Nashville got out of the subban one, traded for him before it took effect and then nullified it.

Broberg looks good. I really hope Knight is there at 16 but I don't think he will be.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

Has any player ever created 25-30 scoring chances for teammates in a game? Seems far-fetched and over the top.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
There is no two ways about it... Pods hasn't been good at all this tournament. Then for a guy that is supposed to be a top 5 pick and be a driver, this tournament has been a complete disaster for him. For critics of his game, like myself, this tournament is the perfect example of why you should be cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad