Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part III

We've talked about Ottawa's pick enough, lets start to separate who we want at 11th? (as of 02/06)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
A 6 foot athlete being 190-200 isn't optimistic. It's pretty standard

Common maybe, but most of them were probably 175-180 at the same age.

I don’t know enough about the NTDP to know if their kids tend to have more bulking up to do after they graduate out but I’d be worried about anyone adding 40 pounds and playing a remotely similar game to what they did beforehand.

ETA: for context, when MacK got huge he added 15-20 lbs IIRC and folks found that impressive.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If he ends up being 180 that would be a pretty solid amount of muscle growth from the kid. He'd be a similar build to Patty Kane which obviously isn't a bad thing.

Hughes probably ends up being a similar size as well. I'd just rather give Hughes a winger with some more size if we're going with another forward around pick #10. Boldy, Dach, Krebs, or Turcotte types.

Hughes + Turcotte would be my dream scenario if we wound up with picks #1 and #10, not sure Turcotte makes it to #10 but as of right now it's definitely a possibility.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not sure why you think that a 6 foot athlete can't hit 190 pounds.

If it were so easy, why isn't Patty Kane playing at 190? Why is Pettersson and his 6'2" frame only playing at 175? Why am I and my 6'0" frame playing at 225?

Ok, that last one might have something to do with that extra slice of pizza I seem to always eat :laugh:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It’s called “frame”.

You seem to have a great grasp of anatomy and physical development though so I won’t bother wasting my breath.
Do you know what type of frame he has?

Every player on the avalanche that is 5'11" or taller, is over 190 pounds, except Calvert who's 186.

There's only 4 forwards on the entire TEAM that are under 190.

The only player under 185 is Kerfoot.

Colorado Avalanche 2018 Roster

Look it up yourself and stop wasting my time with this nonsense. Of course a 5'11" athlete can hit 190.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Wow I really didn't think such a stupid argument could come out of this but here we are.
I agree. All you have to do is Google NHL height and weight and get the awnser. This guy is talking about anatomy.

It would be strange for a 5'11-6'0" player to NOT hit 190.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I agree. All you have to do is Google NHL height and weight and get the awnser. This guy is talking about anatomy.

It would be strange for a 5'11-6'0" player to NOT hit 190.

You're the one with the stupid argument.

It is not realistic at all to expect an 18 year old kid to put on 30-40 pounds of weight. Not healthy in the least bit and if you dont understand that then yeah, you do not understand much when it comes to the anatomy of the human body.

Who gives a shit if most players in that size range hit 190-200 pounds. There's certainly a large sample size of guys who cant hit that size because of the bone structure and density they're made of.

If Zegras can fill out to 180 pounds that would be a pretty significant increase in size for him. He's not going to get any larger then that unless some major changes to his diet occur that probably wouldn't be good for his play.

Reactions: Barklez

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC

It is not realistic at all to expect an 18 year old kid to put on 30-40 pounds of weight. Not healthy in the least bit and if you dont understand that then yeah, you do not understand much when it comes to the anatomy of the human body.

Who gives a **** if most players in that size range hit 190-200 pounds. There's certainly a large sample size of guys who cant hit that size because of the bone structure and density they're made of.

If Zegras can fill out to 180 pounds that would be a pretty significant increase in size for him. He's not going to get any larger then that unless some major changes to his diet occur that probably wouldn't be good for his play.

The ignore feature is a blessing. Good for the blood pressure.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Just to give you an example of all kinds of guys in that 5'11" or 6'0" range that aren't anywhere near 190...

Patty Kane
Mitch Marner
Nikolaj Ehlers
Sebastian Aho

The point is if he's only 160 right now he's going to struggle to get above 180.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Who gives a **** if most players in that size range hit 190-200 pounds. There's certainly a large sample size of guys who cant hit that size because of the bone structure and density they're made of.

You guys have a dumb argument. All you need to do is look up averages.

You don't even know anything about the player, let alone assume he's going to be undersized. It's much more likely he's not.

Stop being an idiot

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Just to give you an example of all kinds of guys in that 5'11" or 6'0" range that aren't anywhere near 190...

Patty Kane
Mitch Marner
Nikolaj Ehlers
Sebastian Aho

The point is if he's only 160 right now he's going to struggle to get above 180.
Struggle to get to 180??? Really??? Ridiculously stupid to assume that

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
All I'll say is this one last comment.

- Tyson Jost was 5'11" 190 pounds when he weighed in at the NHL combine. And now he's 193 pounds.

- Sebastian Aho was 5'11" 172 Pounds at the combine. And now he's 176 pounds.

- Mitch Marner was 5'11" 160 pounds at the combine and now he's 175 pounds

- Nikolaj Ehlers was 5'11" 162 pounds at the combine and now he's 172 pounds

Generally these guys are putting on 5-10 pounds of extra muscle. Expecting a guy to put on 30, let alone 40 pounds is just ridiculous. It doesn't happen. Even 20 pounds is extremely rare, only William Nylander was able to put on 20+ pounds and William also gained 1-2 inches in height.

So yeah, Zegras jumping from 165 to 180 would be quite the impressive strength improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad