Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part III

We've talked about Ottawa's pick enough, lets start to separate who we want at 11th? (as of 02/06)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Didn't look for the clip but have rewatched this show in the last couple of days.

Is there much noise around Knight potentially being the best American goalie ever? Or does Bob just bring it up because it's the sexy tagline?

This was the first time I'd heard it.
I heard it before. He also said some scouts have him in their top 10 athlete in this draft.

Spencer Knight talk starts at 17:12 if anyone interested.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I haven't been following the KHL as much this season as I did in seasons past and I've seen maybe one game of Lokomotiv, but those are great numbers, even though Loko always plays a defensively sound game.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
No idea who he is, but those are some gaudy stats year after year.
He's basically top of the league at 20 years old. When looking at save percentage leaders in KHL you can throw away anyone that plays on SKA or CSKA, those teams are so much better than anyone else their goaltenders will have over 93% with ease. Loko is one of the better teams as well, and liek I said always plays a good defensive brand of hockey, and the SOG/G would back that up as he sits at 25 against per game.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
The more I see Podkolzin the more I like. Really hope we get him or Kakko with ott pick.
Stoked to see the top defensemen are left handed shots, Broberg seems very interesting.
Knight would be a great pick as well. Besides Murray it usually takes a goalie to be around 25 years of age to win a cup, so Im not sure if hes the way to go.
Right now I'd happily take Huges, Kakko, Podkolzin with Ottawa pick. Hope for Broberg with our pick, and try to aquire a 21 22 yeat old goalie prospect like Samsonov.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
draftsim.jpg

Hey guys, I did it!!! (First roll, not even joking)

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Which goalie should we target? Should we draft Knight?

Depends on the draft position and the BPA.

If the available players around 10th OA involve: Turcotte, Boldy, Lavoie, Byram or Krebs you might have to select them. I believe Knight will be drafted around 15th-20th range.

Reactions: avsfan09

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
To me, getting the right goalie isn't nearly as important as getting the right goalie coach. Case in point: Look at Varly under Allaire's tutelage vs. what's happening now. Look at what's happened to Robin Lehner since Mitch Korn became his coach. Obviously getting a good goalie matters (STL switching from Allen to Binnington has completely flipped their fortunes) but if you don't make the investment in a good goalie coach, you're just wasting your money.

Reactions: McMetal

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
If we end up bad enough where our pick is too early to take knight. Hope we can move up into the first round to get him. I dont at all expect it. I wont get my hopes up for knight bc im gonna be irrationally angry when we dont take him. As for what we can trade to get that pick, in this hypothetical scenario, we would have a high second and 2 high thirds. Not sure if theres a pick value chart thats very accurate or not, but id think we can get a decently high pick with that package

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
To me, getting the right goalie isn't nearly as important as getting the right goalie coach. Case in point: Look at Varly under Allaire's tutelage vs. what's happening now. Look at what's happened to Robin Lehner since Mitch Korn became his coach. Obviously getting a good goalie matters (STL switching from Allen to Binnington has completely flipped their fortunes) but if you don't make the investment in a good goalie coach, you're just wasting your money.

You know what I'd do? I'd laterally move Parkilla over to a development role, and also have him consult with scouting. If he'd do it anyways. Especially since we have a lot of prospects in Europe. Then I'd hire a different goalie coach to run the NHL guys day to day.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
You know what I'd do? I'd laterally move Parkilla over to a development role, and also have him consult with scouting. If he'd do it anyways. Especially since we have a lot of prospects in Europe. Then I'd hire a different goalie coach to run the NHL guys day to day.
I like that. No idea if he's up for it but hell, why not.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Which goalie should we target? Should we draft Knight?
I'll let the experts answer that. I don't know anything about Knight other then the fact hes supposed to be one of the better goalies of this draft. I will say it is risky to be drafting goalies high. For every John Gibson and Carey Price there is a Zach Fucale, Al Montoya, Jack Campbell, Brian Finley, Brent Krahn etc.

Reactions: Patagonia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad