Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part III

We've talked about Ottawa's pick enough, lets start to separate who we want at 11th? (as of 02/06)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
cut.jpg

2019 NHL Draft will take place at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia
June 21st and 22nd, 2019

NHL Draft Lottery
Tankathon | 2019 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator

Mock Drafts
2019 NHL Mock Draft | 2019 NHL Draft | NHL Draft
2019 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

Bob McKenzie's Rankings
Preliminary: https://www.tsn.ca/hughes-leads-the-pack-in-tsn-hockey-s-pre-season-draft-ranking-1.1172382
Midterm: https://www.tsn.ca/it-s-still-the-jack-hughes-draft-1.1246625
Final: N/A

Craig Button's Rankings
September: https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hughes-easily-tops-first-draft-rankings-1.1170553
October: https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-kakko-boldy-and-kaliyev-rise-up-draft-rankings-1.1196164
December: https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-kakko-hughes-set-for-world-junior-clash-1.1225187
January: https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hughes-stays-ahead-of-kakko-after-world-juniors-1.1237475

Players
Database: Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center
CSS - Preliminary: NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch
CSS - Midterm: Hughes, Kakko top Central Scouting midterm rankings for 2019 NHL Draft
CSS - Final: N/A

Colorado Avalanche Draft Picks
2019 NHL Entry Draft - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
1st Round: Acquired [from OTT]
1st Round: Kept
2nd: Kept
3rd: Acquired [from OTT]
3rd: Kept
4th: Gone [to NSH]
5th: Kept
6th: Kept
7th: Kept

Part I: Prospect Info: - The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread
Part II: Prospect Info: - The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part II

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't think it's fair to put Turcotte in there...he shouldn't be available at 11.

This year there's a potential franchise goalie available (fairly rare)
This year we have two 1st rounders (also fairly rare).

There's no better time to pull the trigger. It's our turn.

Reactions: cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I used McKenzie's list as the template and did not put anybody before 10th, Turcotte interestingly was the 11th player and started with him. I agree it is more likely the case he's gone, but I also do not think his list has already aged that bad since he talks to NHL scouts.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I used McKenzie's list as the template and did not put anybody before 10th, Turcotte interestingly was the 11th player and started with him. I agree it is more likely the case he's gone, but I also do not think his list has already aged that bad since he talks to NHL scouts.

THN have him at #7 now and he's climbing fast:

7- Alex Turcotte, C, NTDP (USHL): The University of Wisconsin commit missed a bunch of games due to injury early, but since his return Turcotte has been lightning. An excellent skater with NHL pedigree (his dad is Alfie Turcotte) and a ton of skill, Turcotte has put up about a point-and-a-half per game.

2019 Mid-season draft rankings: the top five solidifies - TheHockeyNews

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If Turcotte is still there at you have to go with him. I would be very surprised though.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Out of curiosity which player is the "Other" you would choose?

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
1st Tankathon roll: 2nd and 3rd overall.

Kakko & Turcotte it is.

20-21:

Landy - MacK - Rants

Stone - Turcotte - Kakko

Jost - Hayes - Kaut

These guys score six goals per night, we might as well just put Sami Aittokallio to net and win games like Stars used to.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
My only concern with Turcotte is an uneasy feeling that a lot of what is so appealing about his game beyond just the skill & skating, may also be the reason why he's had injury problems.

But if he's there at 10/11 you take that gamble and hope that even if that is the case, that the 15-20 games a year that playing style costs him happen during the regular season, when we can weather them.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
My only concern with Turcotte is an uneasy feeling that a lot of what is so appealing about his game beyond just the skill & skating, may also be the reason why he's had injury problems.

But if he's there at 10/11 you take that gamble and hope that even if that is the case, that the 15-20 games a year that playing style costs him happen during the regular season, when we can weather them.
There is a reason, he plays with reckless abandon. He gets rocked every other game. Just like Foppa.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
There is a reason, he plays with reckless abandon. He gets rocked every other game. Just like Foppa.

That's what I worry about...but Landy used to be the same way and successfully adapted, and growing into your body can help a kid become less injury prone as a man.

Plus we of all franchise know that having Foppa is better than not having Foppa even with the injuries.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He won’t be Foppa though ;)

I see him as a high end #1 center, potentially franchise player, like Parise, but not Foppa.

Reactions: cgf

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
On Turcotte, I'm also one of those who loves how he plays... but he's going to have to adapt when he gets to the NHL. He doesn't have the frame to play that way and last more than 10 years.

Reactions: The Zarn and Ivan13

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Didn't look for the clip but have rewatched this show in the last couple of days.

Is there much noise around Knight potentially being the best American goalie ever? Or does Bob just bring it up because it's the sexy tagline?

This was the first time I'd heard it.
Oh absolutely and Bob isn't known to bring things just for the sake of clipbait like Dreger or Friedmann are. He did say "people tied to the USNTDP" organization and remember that not every American goaler comes from the USNTDP. Bishop came from NAHL, Miller came from NAHL, Hellebuyck came from NAHL, Parsons came from OHL, Quick came from prep academy, Copley came from USHL, Gillies came from USHL, Stalock came from HS, and Schneider only played ten games in USNTDP (majority of junior career was at prep academy).

Knight's competition would be Campbell, Howard, Gibson, Woll, Oettinger and Demko which is still a pretty damn good list. I am not ready to say he's better than some of these, but I have no problem saying he is up therewith John Gibson's potential no doubt.

Reactions: Barklez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->