Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part III

We've talked about Ottawa's pick enough, lets start to separate who we want at 11th? (as of 02/06)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I prefer Kakko #2 and Krebs #10 or Turcotte as Hugues #1 and Boldy #9 or Lavoie or Kaliyev.

Did you just have a stroke?

I keep thinking I'm reading that right and then I get lost and have to start over. You'd prefer Kakko and Krebs/Turcotte over Hughes and Boldy/Lavoie/Kaliyev? Is that what you're saying?

Let's not pretend that if the Avs get Kakko they won't at least give him the old college try at center. Did it with Mikko, they'll do it again.

Reactions: Brett44

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Any team drafting Kakko would be fools to not give him a shot there. His skill set matches with the position if his skating can get a touch better.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Any team drafting Kakko would be fools to not give him a shot there. His skill set matches with the position if his skating can get a touch better.
If we get Kakko, I'm assuming he's put at center initially, and if he isn't great, he can play wing/center for a year or 2.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Did you just have a stroke?

I keep thinking I'm reading that right and then I get lost and have to start over. You'd prefer Kakko and Krebs/Turcotte over Hughes and Boldy/Lavoie/Kaliyev? Is that what you're saying?

Let's not pretend that if the Avs get Kakko they won't at least give him the old college try at center. Did it with Mikko, they'll do it again.
I sometimes still wonder if Rantanen could be a C. Alot of his skill are transferable but why disrupt their chemistry together.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I sometimes still wonder if Rantanen could be a C. Alot of his skill are transferable but why disrupt their chemistry together.

Totally agree.

A lot of the time that 1st line is playing C by committee, I feel like they’re part way down the path to the “position-less player” Marek and Friedman have been bringing up for the last little while.

IMO Rantanen looks like the more natural C between him and MacK. If that line wasn’t so lost without one another I definitely think Rants could hack it at C but for now at least I think it’s best to just let them keep doing their thing.

Reactions: avsfan09

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Totally agree.

A lot of the time that 1st line is playing C by committee, I feel like they’re part way down the path to the “position-less player” Marek and Friedman have been bringing up for the last little while.

IMO Rantanen looks like the more natural C between him and MacK. If that line wasn’t so lost without one another I definitely think Rants could hack it at C but for now at least I think it’s best to just let them keep doing their thing.
Agreed. Rants has skating, Size, Defensive drive and anticipation, ability to not only display vision and use linemats but carry the puck aswell. I also like his balance between shooting and playmaking. He seems to make the right decision more than not in this area.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He'll be a UFA this summer correct? Avs definitely need to be on top of that situation, we've been able to lure a few college UFAs the last couple of years now in Toninato, Kerfoot, and O'Connor, need to do it again with Morris.

Avs also have their connections with ND...or at least we did, dunno if that's changed recently. Like when all of our prospects ended up playing in the Q for the huskies, it's not a coincidence that Morrison, Clurman & Leivermann are all going there.

So there's cause for optimism of Morris replacing Francouz next season...as that would be exactly the kind of no-risk move that Sakic isn't afraid of making.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He'll be a UFA this summer correct? Avs definitely need to be on top of that situation, we've been able to lure a few college UFAs the last couple of years now in Toninato, Kerfoot, and O'Connor, need to do it again with Morris.

It should be easy enough when he looks at the goalies in the organization and sees who he'd be competing with.

Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I would be happy with Hughes but see Kakko’s skill set suiting the current roster better.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
So I watched the UND/Wisconsin game yesterday and Cale Morris doing some things to make him one of the best goalers in the NCAA. Shades of Jonathan Quick.

Avs also have their connections with ND...or at least we did, dunno if that's changed recently. Like when all of our prospects ended up playing in the Q for the huskies, it's not a coincidence that Morrison, Clurman & Leivermann are all going there.

So there's cause for optimism of Morris replacing Francouz next season...as that would be exactly the kind of no-risk move that Sakic isn't afraid of making.

It should be easy enough when he looks at the goalies in the organization and sees who he'd be competing with.

The most important advantage the Avalanche have here is that Cale Morris is born and raised in Larkspur, Colorado.

He grew up literally 45 minutes away from the Pepsi Center.

The Eagles in Loveland are only 1 hour and 30 minutes from his hometown, too.

Avs need to be all over that, no questions asked.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
At this point I'd take Kaako over Hughes. I'm already concerned about the latter's durability. He's had to battle through two bothersome injuries in his final amateur season.
Yah me too. His size concerns me, but a lot of top analysts have him as the clear number 1.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The most important advantage the Avalanche have here is that Cale Morris is born and raised in Larkspur, Colorado.

He grew up literally 45 minutes away from the Pepsi Center.

The Eagles in Loveland are only 1 hour and 30 minutes from his hometown, too.

Avs need to be all over that, no questions asked.
If for no other reason than to stop Mike Chambers from going on about it for years if we don't sign him

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Give me Kakko and Broberg and I'll be a happy man. Might even be able to swallow another season with Bedsy behind the bench in that case. Maybe.

Edit: agreed on Morris, too. So many signs point favorably in our direction there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad