Prospect Info: The 2019 Draft Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So he's being lazy then, fair enough. We do have to call this spade a spade. I know he does some of if it "for the lolz", but we should really stop taking him seriously.
The guy sees more of these kids live than anyone here. If you actually listen or read what he has to say about guys he does have a lot of valid opinions. Maybe his ranking are out of whack, but there are so many of these and none of them are ever anything fans seem to like. Every list gets picked apart.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The guy sees more of these kids live than anyone here. If you actually listen or read what he has to say about guys he does have a lot of valid opinions. Maybe his ranking are out of whack, but there are so many of these and none of them are ever anything fans seem to like. Every list gets picked apart.
I think that comes across more because he travels around and speak in a authorative tone is where that sense of validity comes in. He does this constantly, this list with guys moved around (again usually for the lolz) so we should view as such, nothing to take seriously.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think that comes across more because he travels around and speak in a authorative tone is where that sense of validity comes in. He does this constantly, this list with guys moved around (again usually for the lolz) so we should view as such, nothing to take seriously.
I don't take any of the lists seriously. McKenzie's is usually not bad as he asks actual team scouts, but everyone else's is based on their own opinions.

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
I am kind of obsessed with drafting a future top-pairing D-man. Even more so after the game against Ottawa the other day. I thought Chabot was impressive. And he was drafted at No 18, with four D going before him. Seems like a steal to me.

I'm interested in how the top D in this draft compare to last year's crop, taking out Dahlin and Byram (who probably won't be available at our draft position). Could anyone give me a rough idea of how Hughes, Boquist, Bouchard and Dobson compare to York, Soderstrom, Seider, Heinola and Johnson? I'm asking because last year's draft was thought by many to feature an unusally high number of top D prospects. Is this year's crop a tier below?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Sorry for going off topic, but the weirdest name to me is Eichel. It's the German word for the front part of the penis. What do you guys call it? Glans? Bell-end?
I didn't know this until now....weird translation of a name.

ng22s2.png

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
I'm not aware of the di****ad bit. I've never heard the word Eichel used as an insult in Germany. Then again, I haven't really done a lot of travelling around Germany. But at least in Bavaria the word is not used in this context.

Bell-end however is a popular insult in England.

Sorry for all this off-topic stuff. Matthew Tkachuk is a bell-end, though.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I am kind of obsessed with drafting a future top-pairing D-man. Even more so after the game against Ottawa the other day. I thought Chabot was impressive. And he was drafted at No 18, with four D going before him. Seems like a steal to me.

I'm interested in how the top D in this draft compare to last year's crop, taking out Dahlin and Byram (who probably won't be available at our draft position). Could anyone give me a rough idea of how Hughes, Boquist, Bouchard and Dobson compare to York, Soderstrom, Seider, Heinola and Johnson? I'm asking because last year's draft was thought by many to feature an unusally high number of top D prospects. Is this year's crop a tier below?

I think the 4 D you mentioned from the 2018 draft would all be picked before any of the D you mentioned from the 2019 draft. I'd even put Ty Smith ahead of everyone on that list.

Not to say the 2019 D crop is bad, but the 2018 draft was a monster draft for D.

Soderstrom > Boqvist maybe, but I think Boqvist was drafted high because he drew a lot of comparisons to Karlsson (very dynamic offensively).

Edit: Of the 2019 group I have a good feeling about Heinola. He'll be a steal imo.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Yeah, I'd rather like to know where Byram would go after Dahlin, in the Hughes/Boqvist/Bouchard/Dobson/Smith group.

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
I think the 4 D you mentioned from the 2018 draft would all be picked before any of the D you mentioned from the 2019 draft. I'd even put Ty Smith ahead of everyone on that list.

Not to say the 2019 D crop is bad, but the 2018 draft was a monster draft for D.
Thanks. That's what I wanted to know. I kind of got that impression anyway from reading through this thread, but I simply don't know enough about hockey to draw these kinds of conclusions from watching highlight clips of prospects.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Yeah, I'd rather like to know where Byram would go after Dahlin, in the Hughes/Boqvist/Bouchard/Dobson/Smith group.

That's such a hard question. If you inserted him into the 2018 draft I think he goes after Quinn Hughes and before Boqvist.

I think it comes down to team preference. Boqvist would be high on some team's lists of D and low on others. I'm sure the teams of the league would be split on Bouchard vs Dobson. How much they value left shot vs right shot, size, etc.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He's a great prospect and should be the consensus 3rd overall guy IMO. Having a great year, just had an injury disrupt the early season. Would love him on the Oilers.
I think it depends on the team drafting really. I think him and Podkolzin are pretty damn close so it would depend on if the team needed a center or winger more. I think they go 3/4 regardless.

I am worrying about our pick more and more. I think we finish in a spot to draft 9th but a team from above wins one of the lotto spots and pushes us to 10.

Zegras, Boldy, Broberg will be available but I really don't know if I like any of them enough to spend our first on. Wouldn't mind sliding back into the 15+ range.

Maybe if Columbus doesn't make the playoffs, Ottawa might want to trade into the top 10.

Based on pick value chart I found,
10oa, 2019 4th Rounder for 15oa, and 42 oa (Floridas 2nd). Then maybe couple the seconds together to get another top 20 pick.

Draft 2 of Tomasino, Broberg, Heinola, Caufield, Kaliyev, Dorofeyev

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Here is a hypothetical for you guys.
Oilers have 15oa and 20oa.

Who do you draft.

Lavoie and Heinola.

I'd be happy if we walked away with one of Lavoie, Tomasino, or Brink at F and Heinola at D

I got a weird feeling Lavoie doesn't slide past 13 though. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: dustrock

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think it depends on the team drafting really. I think him and Podkolzin are pretty damn close so it would depend on if the team needed a center or winger more. I think they go 3/4 regardless.

I am worrying about our pick more and more. I think we finish in a spot to draft 9th but a team from above wins one of the lotto spots and pushes us to 10.

Zegras, Boldy, Broberg will be available but I really don't know if I like any of them enough to spend our first on. Wouldn't mind sliding back into the 15+ range.

Maybe if Columbus doesn't make the playoffs, Ottawa might want to trade into the top 10.

Based on pick value chart I found,
10oa, 2019 4th Rounder for 15oa, and 42 oa (Floridas 2nd). Then maybe couple the seconds together to get another top 20 pick.

Draft 2 of Tomasino, Broberg, Heinola, Caufield, Kaliyev, Dorofeyev

I think they will draft 11th or 12th, Arizona and Minnesota are fading fast, and Florida is starting their death march. I think the Oilers will annoyingly win some games down the stretch and pull ahead of one or two of those teams plus one team behind them could very well win one of those lotteries. There's no way any of Vancouver, Rangers or Buffalo pass them. Those teams are in offseason mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad