Speculation: The 2019 Draft Thread 2 - Sabres pick 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I wonder what Botterill is trying to dangle to get Turcotte.

Honestly, I can't see a deal that gets Chicago to pass on him unless they aren't sold on him for some reason.

I'd rather not get my hopes up with this type of rumor... it's been over 10 years since a team moved from outside the top 5, in to the top 5 (Toronto goes from 7 to 5 with Isles for Luke Schenn)

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'd rather not get my hopes up with this type of rumor... it's been over 10 years since a team moved from outside the top 5, in to the top 5 (Toronto goes from 7 to 5 with Isles for Luke Schenn)

As an exercise, what would you pay?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
As an exercise, what would you pay?

It would have to be something where we were taking cap dumps to lessen the cost... and I guess Risto would have to be the centerpiece of the offer?

I wouldn't trade Reinhart or Mittelstadt.

Risto, #7
for
#3, Anisimov

?

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
It would have to be something where we were taking cap dumps to lessen the cost... and I guess Risto would have to be the centerpiece of the offer?

I wouldn't trade Reinhart or Mittelstadt.

Risto, #7
for
#3, Anisimov

?
I would do this. Would Chicago? I kind of doubt it.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
The Hockeybuzz website is running a mock draft. The Sabres GM hooked up with the AV's GM to pull off this trade:

Sabres trade #7, #30, Nylander to AV's for #4, Compher and the rights to Brassard.

Sabres selected Turcotte as the Hawks took Byram at 3.

A very nice fantasy draft trade.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The Hockeybuzz website is running a mock draft. The Sabres GM hooked up with the AV's GM to pull off this trade:

Sabres trade #7, #30, Nylander to AV's for #4, Compher and the rights to Brassard.

HAHAHAHA

Instantly. I'd love Turcotte/Byram + Compher. Obviously, let Brassard walk

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Let's not even get our hopes up that Zegras is there, let alone Turcotte.

If Turcotte, Byram, Zegras, Dach go before our pick... I'm on board with taking the injury risk and still drafting Krebs.

I can't bring myself to draft these high risk wingers.... and Cozens has really turned me off.

Time to dig a little deeper on Newhook I guess...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If Turcotte, Byram, Zegras, Dach go before our pick... I'm on board with taking the injury risk and still drafting Krebs.

I can't bring myself to draft these high risk wingers.... and Cozens has really turned me off.

Careful on Newhook, I love the kid lol Again, I just can’t see taking him at seven. 11? Sure.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Careful on Newhook, I love the kid lol Again, I just can’t see taking him at seven. 11? Sure.

It's a preference thing between 7 and 11, not an overall value difference IMO.

Let's just trade with Philly and get 11.... and then draft 2 guys in that range

Reactions: Der Jaeger

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
It's a preference thing between 7 and 11, not an overall value difference IMO.

Let's just trade with Philly and get 11.... and then draft 2 guys in that range
Imagine a reality where they wheeled and dealed and ended up walking away with Turcotte and Krebs. Talk about the beginning of a culture change. Highly skilled, fast, 2 way warriors. It would be the start of a real identity in Buffalo.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Imagine a reality where they wheeled and sealed and ended up walking away with Turcotte and Krebs. Talk about the beginning of a culture change. Highly skilled, fast, 2 way warriors. It would be the start of a real identity in Buffalo.

I can't imagine such an ideal outcome under Botts....

I can imagine them coming out of the first round with Cozens and Kyle Turris...

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

What about Boldy?

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY

If that happened I'd cry tears of pure joy. I was heartbroken when compher was moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad