Speculation: The 2019 Draft Thread 2 - Sabres pick 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Just seen him in the u18 final but Alnefelt got the moves and luck of a special goalkeeper.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Ill admit I was wrong on Boldy before the U18’s. I didn’t really want to like him, but that kid really does have the look of a top line elite winger in the NHL. Not just a dime a dozen 30 goal scoring 50 point guy when paired with an elite centre. He looks like he could be a big time assist guy too, he can dish the puck and has sick puck skills in tight.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Ill admit I was wrong on Boldy before the U18’s. I didn’t really want to like him, but that kid really does have the look of a top line elite winger in the NHL. Not just a dime a dozen 30 goal scoring 50 point guy when paired with an elite centre. He looks like he could be a big time assist guy too, he can dish the puck and has sick puck skills in tight.

I have changed my tune on him as well. Still not my ideal choice at #7 but would definitely prefer him to Cozens/Zegras there.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
This is why I said I have no pressure with where we would end up. We’re going to get a good player. It will just depend on what we are addressing. Of course, I’ve got my favorites, but I’m not going to be upset if they don’t get picked. I’m more interested with what they do with the other picks.

Looking forward to the draft.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I have a feeling that Boldy will be a bigger, more physical Reinhart type winger at the NHL level and not a guy that gets more goals than assists.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This is why I said I have no pressure with where we would end up. We’re going to get a good player. It will just depend on what we are addressing. Of course, I’ve got my favorites, but I’m not going to be upset if they don’t get picked. I’m more interested with what they do with the other picks.

Looking forward to the draft.

This is where I am at, as well.

The other thing is that Botts and company do seem to have done a solid job at drafting. So, I will give them the benefit of the doubt if they do something like draft Boldy over Caufield.

I think the only pick that would make me really nervous would be in Pod falls to them and they pull the trigger on him.

I'm still hoping for the Best USNTDP player available at this point.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Of the guys that have been talked about the most for our pick, this is where I'm at:

Byram
Turcotte
Boldy
Krebs
Dach
Caufield
Zegras
Cozens

Not really sure where Podkolzin falls into the mix. Hoping one of Brink, Suzuki, Kaliyev is available with our 2nd pick. Guessing Newhook doesn't fall.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have a feeling that Boldy will be a bigger, more physical Reinhart type winger at the NHL level and not a guy that gets more goals than assists.

Yep, he's got the sort of 2-way game that can compliment high-end skill guys so well. Or he might be able to create on a line of his own. He does the right thing so often, it can be boring.

This is where I am at, as well.

The other thing is that Botts and company do seem to have done a solid job at drafting. So, I will give them the benefit of the doubt if they do something like draft Boldy over Caufield.

I think the only pick that would make me really nervous would be in Pod falls to them and they pull the trigger on him.

I'm still hoping for the Best USNTDP player available at this point.

I would hope they do their diligence on Podkolzin before making that selection if they go in that direction. It would fly in the face of a lot of established trends though.

Of the guys that have been talked about the most for our pick, this is where I'm at:

Byram
Turcotte
Boldy
Krebs
Dach
Caufield
Zegras
Cozens

Not really sure where Podkolzin falls into the mix. Hoping one of Brink, Suzuki, Kaliyev is available with our 2nd pick. Guessing Newhook doesn't fall.

Solid list. I was hoping Newhook and Caufield would've been around at 18-ish months ago, but that seems highly unlikely now. Kaliyev was getting some love to push into the top 10 not long ago and Brink's U18's will have him in people's minds, even if they didn't look at his on-ice goal share in the USHL. It could be Suzuki who falls and of everyone in your post, he seems to be the only one who isn't getting positive press for pushing up the draft board outside of Podkolzin.

There are a lot of guys who can inject much-needed offensive flair into the pipeline at the top end of this draft. I hope they get some of them.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I've heard enough of the pundits and draft-niks talking about him pushing up to the fringes of or maybe even into the top 10 that I think he might not be around at the end of the teens.
Well, then someone else.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
It wasn't a great tournament for Turcotte but he's still my first choice. Krebs next then Boldy/Cozens. Zegras/Caufield.

Need Dallas to beat St Louis, some high ceiling prospects in the 17-19th range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad