The 2019-20 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Jets are icing a borderline ECHL Dcore right now.

DgRl9iu.png

I'll say this AGAIN. Why the **** didn't the Jets offer a deal to Hutton? Yeah, he's not top 4 (on a good team) but he's better than a number of the above.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

Slavin is great though I've never heard anyone say that about a hockey player so that's new. :laugh: I feel like Hedman didn't do a great job preventing the pass considering he was up against 2 lefties and Slavin being the bigger threat to shoot from his off-side.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Zibanejad is a monster. Am a huge fan of him but was not expecting this start.

I love watching him too, he's such an incredibly slippery player. Loving watching him out think and out speed opposition to suddenly find himself alone on a crazy rush. Very talented and exciting player. That whole New York team is great to watch. Zibanejad is surrounded by offensive talent now. Watching their season opener, their top three lines all looked deadly.

Kakko reminds of a prime elite Vanek which I mean in the best of ways.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I love watching him too, he's such an incredibly slippery player. Loving watching him out think and out speed opposition to suddenly find himself alone on a crazy rush. Very talented and exciting player. That whole New York team is great to watch. Zibanejad is surrounded by offensive talent now. Watching their season opener, their top three lines all looked deadly.

Kakko reminds of a prime elite Vanek which I mean in the best of ways.

Kravstov and Chytil are developing in the minors too. Their forward core is going to be absolutely filthy to watch.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Imagine being a Sens fan.

I'm not worried though. We got some choice prospects incubating around the league as well.

That's still one of the strangest trades of the last 5 years.

It would be like if we'd traded Brock Boeser for like, Derek Stepan, this summer and thrown in a #2 pick for good measure.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Kravstov and Chytil are developing in the minors too. Their forward core is going to be absolutely filthy to watch.

Believe Kravtsov was just healthy scratched in the AHL. If so, have to wonder what is going on there. Talented kid.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
That's still one of the strangest trades of the last 5 years.

It would be like if we'd traded Brock Boeser for like, Derek Stepan, this summer and thrown in a #2 pick for good measure.
Vancouver and Ottawa have become the black sheep of the NHL.

And the toxicity of their respective fanbases reflect this.

It's literally counter-productive to be an actual hockey fan of either team because of how much of a cluster fanboi schizophrenic both owners are.

ZcQqqHR.gif

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Vancouver and Ottawa have become the black sheep of the NHL.

And the toxicity of their respective fanbases reflect this.

It's literally counter-productive to be an actual hockey fan of either team because of how much of a cluster fanboi schizophrenic both owners are.

ZcQqqHR.gif
Sens owner is cheap so their has to deal with that. Benning doesn't have to worry about a Loui Erikkson mucking up the budget.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Sens owner is cheap so their has to deal with that. Benning doesn't have to worry about a Loui Erikkson mucking up the budget.
Cheap, willing to rip off the bandage, employs a GM that isn't loading up their roster with age gappers and trash contracts.

I don't know....

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
4 goal game for Anthony Mantha.

Zibanejad is a monster. Am a huge fan of him but was not expecting this start.

I drafted these guys in the middle rounds of fantasy this year and it literally didn’t matter what my other players did I won on their 4 total games alone. Absolutely insane starts.

Zbad getting an elite winger is such a big win. And Mantha’s always had elite skill and size just needed to put it all together.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Namesnikov (750k retained (3.25MM remaining)) to OTT
Ebert + 4th to NYR

Very strange move.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Namesnikov (750k retained (3.25MM remaining)) to OTT
Ebert + 4th to NYR

Very strange move.
The Sens are taking on salary and hoping to get a better return for him at the deadline. If fewer teams were up against the cap I think they'd have been offered a higher pick and/or one in the upcoming draft.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Went from Tampa to freaking Manhatton to Ottawa
Poor dude

An older D-man (25) with SHL (.64 PPG.56GP) and KHL (.43 PPG/44GP) experience sandwiched between AHL play (.32PPG/158GP) is a decent vet exempt pick up to help out the Rangers farm in Hartford.

Namesnikov has no future with that Rangers group, but has some offense that could aid the Sens. The Lightning gave up on him after 6 years. He has a .44 PPG/362 GP in the NHL which isn't shabby, but there are parts of his game that now 2 NHL teams couldn't put up with.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Where did Victor Olofsson come from? (don't say his mama) I drafted him in a keeper league two years ago purely based off of scouting reports, research and YouTube falling in love with his shot. But dios mio, three goals to start the season, playing on the top line and looks like a star. Crazy story but the guy has an all-world shot and the IQ to get to open space to launch it. I believe he has 8 points in the first 9 games of his career now.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Where did Victor Olofsson come from? (don't say his mama) I drafted him in a keeper league two years ago purely based off of scouting reports, research and YouTube falling in love with his shot. But dios mio, three goals to start the season, playing on the top line and looks like a star. Crazy story but the guy has an all-world shot and the IQ to get to open space to launch it. I believe he has 8 points in the first 9 games of his career now.

Was the best opposition forward prospect I saw watching Utica games last year. If Buffalo would have stayed in the playoff hunt he’s a guy I had circled as a potential return on Tanev. Not surprised he’s doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad