The 2019-20 Around the League Thread, Pt. VI - Zamboni Goalie Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Kirill Kaprizov finally signs with the Wild. Insane wait on that kid; going to be hilarious if he's a Gusev level secondary scorer

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

So this is how the NHL is going to handle this eh.

seems like it. The problem with players testing positive is that it can take numerous weeks for virus to clear and get clean tests. With how contagious this seems to be you can have half a team “unfit to play” in no time.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
seems like it. The problem with players testing positive is that it can take numerous weeks for virus to clear and get clean tests. With how contagious this seems to be you can have half a team “unfit to play” in no time.

This is where, should a Stanley Cup be awarded, there will be an insane amount of asterisks if you're beating on teams that have 5-6 players held out because they tested positive, even if they are asymptomatic.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think this tweet is pretty relevant to the current situation with players being potentially unfit to play.

Reactions: racerjoe

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Are players in the bubble yet? I mean, not really surprised they are testing positive then.

NBA players are in their bubbles - been watching some players' youtube videos showing the whole process they've had to go through so far, their hotel rooms etc.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Y'all worry too much. :laugh:

Playoffs will proceed as normal and the Nucks will be lifting the Cup to top it all off. Then everyone will say it didn't count because it wasn't a "normal" cup victory.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Troy Terry of Anaheim reportedly signs for 3 years at $1.45 mill per. Played half of his 2 years in the A and NHL. PPG in the A, bit NHL numbers have been disappointing so far based of NCAA and AHL numbers.

should be a floor as a comparable for Gaudette. Nothing lower than this.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Thats a good deal for Terry and Gaudette. With a flat cap and the bottom sixers likely to feel the financial squeeze, a guaranteed 4.5M is pretty solid.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Thats a good deal for Terry and Gaudette. With a flat cap and the bottom sixers likely to feel the financial squeeze, a guaranteed 4.5M is pretty solid.
Well, given the escrow it’s not a guaranteed $4.5. But Gaudette has better NhL numbers than Terry. I’d say the Canucks have to go a touch higher. Or go 2 years to keep a similar cap hit.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I’ll maintain this take, Gusev is a good player stuck in a bad situation.

After an iffy start for the first 20 with a coach who didn’t like him, Gusev lit it up after the coaching change and had 30 points in his last 37 games. He’s probably going to score 70+ points next year.

Reactions: datboichoi

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I’ll maintain this take, Gusev is a good player stuck in a bad situation.

Absolutely agreed. Gusev's game really started to shine in the latter half of the season. Which makes sense, as it took some time to get adapted to the NHL game along with the fact he is in NJ.

He's a talented player.

Reactions: datboichoi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad