The 2019-20 Around the League Thread, Pt. VI - Zamboni Goalie Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Apparently if the NHL does return, the most popular method if we have to go right into Playoffs is

Top 6 teams in each division make it
#1 vs #2 in a 3-game series to determine division winner
#3 vs #6 and #4 vs #5 play to determine who keeps playing

So in the Pacific it would be
Vegas vs Edmonton for top spot
Flames vs Ducks
Canucks vs Ducks

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Lol, Leipsic is gonna have a target on his back in Van next time he plays

There won’t be a next time. His NHL career is over.

Guy was the fringiest of fringe players to begin with and has now outed himself as a cokehead, called two of his current teammates in Washington ‘f***ing losers’, and made a bunch of dick comments about women. He’s finished.

Reactions: mossey3535

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

Guy was the fringiest of fringe players to begin with and has now outed himself as a cokehead, called two of his current teammates in Washington ‘f***ing losers’, and made a bunch of dick comments about women. He’s finished.

Yea, he was on a one year contract.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

Yep...and I can all but guarantee he's one player that doesn't want the season to resume.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yep...and I can all but guarantee he's one player that doesn't want the season to resume.
Honestly, still amazed that people put things down in writing. If you are going to vent, do it over the phone or face to face with a close friend. Never do it via social media or in writing. Always the chance it will come back to haunt you.

I think we all have Co workers that we don’t like and diss outside of work. But you do it in a platform that won’t get back to that person or your company.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Honestly, still amazed that people put things down in writing. If you are going to vent, do it over the phone or face to face with a close friend. Never do it via social media or in writing. Always the chance it will come back to haunt you.

I think we all have Co workers that we don’t like and diss outside of work. But you do it in a platform that won’t get back to that person or your company.

Yes. I posted on the main board thread earlier this afternoon. As fortune would have it we had our annual harassment training refresher assigned to us today. It's made very clear that actionable harassment can extend beyond the professional boundaries into your personal time. So when you start insulting co-workers and co-workers wives etc in ear shot of anyone you don't want hearing or, as you say, writing it down, you are playing a very dangerous game that can harm your professional career. Of course it goes further than that...if you are a salaried employee in the States (i.e. manager and higher) you have an obligation to not cause any sort of news that might reflect badly on the company in any manner. It doesn't have to be comments specifically about the company but simply you made a complete ass of your yourself and are employed by X. Well X isn't going to be happy to now be known they employ such people and they will rectify the situation.

It's sometimes hard to do that and remember. Anger is real. Frustration is real. My wife and I work in the same place and at home sometimes you have to vent. But even in the privacy of your own home you have to be careful because kids go to school with co-workers kids etc. So it really is best to conduct yourself in your private life as you would your professional life as the two very much overlap. And really, there are things one says they may not be particularly proud of and sure things get said among friends and locker rooms...it certainly happens. But this was so far beyond that and on a different level entirely. This was a class on how to be a complete dirt bag.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Honestly though, if you are still having the same conversations you had when you are 15 that means you have not developed as a person since then. It's kind of sad that he hasn't grown up.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna

He will end up in the NHL's substance abuse program, basically disappearing for months, because of those coke comments. He's still under contract, so it would be the Capitals obligation to do so. Once he's out of the program? Yeah, I don't think many teams are going to want an undersized forward who runs their mouth and can't bring a skilled game to the NHL level, especially one that has been in rehab instead of training for months. They might chalk up his comments to the drugs, but he's going to be in a struggle to ever see NHL ice time again.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
"Keith Tkachuk more like Keith FATCHUK! hahaha good one boys!"

*crickets*

"Kyle Wellwood? More like KYLE WELLFED AM I RIGHT heheheheheheh"

*crickets*

"Bo Horvat? More like BO HORFAT!! kkkkkkk"

*crickets*

"Jake Virtanen HAHA GO LOSE SOME WEIGHT IN THE AHL FAT BOY"

*crickets*

"HEY PHIL KESSEL HOW MANY PEPSIS DID YOU DRINK TODAY? XDDDD"

*crickets*

Leipsic : "this person is a fat pig"

"I AM COMPLETELY SHOCKED AND OFFENDED WOW BRANDON LEIPSIC IS A COMPLETE PIECE OF S### WHO SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE NHL FOR LIFE FOR FAT SHAMING!!!111"

Complete hypocrisy. The hockey world has no right to denounce anyone for body shaming.

Reactions: PecaFan

nergish

Jun 1, 2019

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

"I AM COMPLETELY SHOCKED AND OFFENDED WOW BRANDON LEIPSIC IS A COMPLETE PIECE OF S### WHO SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE NHL FOR LIFE FOR FAT SHAMING!!!111"

Complete hypocrisy. The hockey world has no right to denounce anyone for body shaming.

You married, guy?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

Great message. Instead of saying, better yourself stop talking bad about people, your advice is to continue talking bad about people, just not in a method where anyone can prove it.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

Yep, you win for the most inaccurate post of the day. So because some others do it, we should be ok with it?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Yep, you win for the most inaccurate post of the day. So because some others do it, we should be ok with it?

Not at all, Leipsic is a complete moron and disgusting person if he talks like that in person. I'm just saying, don't touch the fat shaming part because we've all done it. Have you ever seen a Kyle Wellfed or similar fat shaming post on this site? You must have, you've been here for over 10 years and have over 10k posts, you must have seen it - so did you call it out? Don't be a hypocrite now when everyone's rightfully piling on someone.

Benning rightly dumped him after 1 year. Weisbrod didn't have access to his private instagram chats obviously but he probably picked up on his lack of character after the fact and shipped his ass out of town pretty quick so we should give some major credit to our management and frankly a little more faith moving forward that they know how to evaluate character.

You married, guy?

Did you just assume my gender and the gender of my hypothetical partner? Were you going to suggest that body shaming hurts one gender more than the other? I hope not because I won't have any of it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The point is, the same people on their high horse, have likely said something along those lines. I’ve seen a lot of comments on all Brady, Matthew and Keith Tkachuk. No one batted an eye.

Why is that?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The point is, the same people on their high horse, have likely said something along those lines. I’ve seen a lot of comments on all Brady, Matthew and Keith Tkachuk. No one batted an eye.

Why is that?

1) show me the fat shaming texts and racist texts from above said players. I would like to see this claim.

2) if they indeed existed, people would indeed bat an eye. Leipsic isn’t a victim. Let’s not make him one.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Idk man it’s still pretty shitty. Talking trash about celebrities/athletes is one thing (and I don’t think it’s the right thing to do by any means) but talking shit about people you know and their wives is pretty bad. I know it happens a lot but anyone who does engage in that crap needs to know that they deserve every bit of backlash if it were to come out. Yes I know that a normal guy wouldn’t have gotten any media attention for making lewd comments but Lepsic knows that he is in the public eye and needed to be smarter than this if he was going to spew this nonsense

Reactions: vancityluongo

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

Not sure what the point is ? Hitchcock was really fat, then he lost weight and was just chubby - fat. His suits should have dropped sizes when his weight did. I honestly (not being facetious) don’t get your point ? Are you implying that we aren’t allowed to notice people’s weight? Lol. That’s ridiculous. I didn’t call him a “pig” or “disgusting” but I’m NEVER going to be a little boomer and pretend I don’t see the difference between a fat person and thin person. Just crazy.

Reminds me of Seinfeld when Elaine whispers about his cleaning lady and Jerry yells “she knows she’s a cleaning lady”. A joke ahead of its time. If I see a Mexican , Italian , German painter and am describing him / her you can bet I’m going to say “Mexican / Italian / German”.
If I see a Toothless guy / girl that sold me a shirt and my friend asks who sold it to me, 100% I’m going to say “the toothless guy : girl over there”.

do you get it now?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not sure what the point is ? Hitchcock was really fat, then he lost weight and was just chubby - fat. His suits should have dropped sizes when his weight did. I honestly (not being facetious) don’t get your point ? Are you implying that we aren’t allowed to notice people’s weight? Lol. That’s ridiculous. I didn’t call him a “pig” or “disgusting” but I’m NEVER going to be a little boomer and pretend I don’t see the difference between a fat person and thin person. Just crazy.

Reminds me of Seinfeld when Elaine whispers about his cleaning lady and Jerry yells “she knows she’s a cleaning lady”. A joke ahead of its time. If I see a Mexican , Italian , German painter and am describing him / her you can bet I’m going to say “Mexican / Italian / German”.
If I see a Toothless guy / girl that sold me a shirt and my friend asks who sold it to me, 100% I’m going to say “the toothless guy : girl over there”.

do you get it now?

You posted what you did because you thought it was a funny/witty observation that 'LOL Hitchcock is now just regular fat instead of super fat so his clothes fit funny!' And I'm pretty sure it's something Hitchcock wouldn't have enjoyed reading.

It's absolutely no different than Leipsic saying 'LOL Pearson's wife got fat!'.

There literally isn't a person on this board or anywhere who hasn't had a conversation with a friend to the effect of 'Wow, (person we know) really has put on a ton of weight!' And for all these people to be whining about Leipsic being a fat-shamer is incredibly hypocritical. And again, this board is filled with people mocking Tkachuk or Wellwood or whoever for being fat.

Like, Leipsic is a dick. If I was Washington's GM, I'd be terminating his contract too on the grounds of the drug use and teammate criticism. And the racist undertones of the native comment are obviously not cool. But those things aren't what's getting most of the attention in the media - it's the fact that he was talking about hooking up with girls with his friends, and said that a girl he knew got fat. And the criticism he's taking on those fronts is downright ridiculous relative to how tame those comments actually were. Imagine if we were all held to the same standards and every private conversation we'd all ever had with friends was made public, especially those from our teens and early 20s.

And for the record, I don't really have a problem with your Hitchcock comment, which was also pretty tame. What I have a problem with is you going all Karen and calling other-people fat-shamers for doing the same thing.

Reactions: wetcoast

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Johnny, your logic applied to other situations could lead to some really bigoted comments that you would have to admit are fine with you because of your justification that there's nothing wrong with noticing something about a person.

For example, "Hi let me introduce you to my friend PK, isn't his skin dark? Haha" would be completely fine with you?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
You posted what you did because you thought it was a funny/witty observation that 'LOL Hitchcock is now just regular fat instead of super fat so his clothes fit funny!' And I'm pretty sure it's something Hitchcock wouldn't have enjoyed reading.

It's absolutely no different than Leipsic saying 'LOL Pearson's wife got fat!'.

There literally isn't a person on this board or anywhere who hasn't had a conversation with a friend to the effect of 'Wow, (person we know) really has put on a ton of weight!' And for all these people to be whining about Leipsic being a fat-shamer is incredibly hypocritical. And again, this board is filled with people mocking Tkachuk or Wellwood or whoever for being fat.

Like, Leipsic is a dick. If I was Washington's GM, I'd be terminating his contract too on the grounds of the drug use and teammate criticism. And the racist undertones of the native comment are obviously not cool. But those things aren't what's getting most of the attention in the media - it's the fact that he was talking about hooking up with girls with his friends, and said that a girl he knew got fat. And the criticism he's taking on those fronts is downright ridiculous relative to how tame those comments actually were. Imagine if we were all held to the same standards and every private conversation we'd all ever had with friends was made public, especially those from our teens and early 20s.

And for the record, I don't really have a problem with your Hitchcock comment, which was also pretty tame. What I have a problem with is you going all Karen and calling other-people fat-shamers for doing the same thing.

Wrong buds. You’re defending Leipsic in a roundabout way, you’re wrong. That’s all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad