The 2019-20 Around the League Thread, Pt. VI - Zamboni Goalie Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
"Eugene Melnyk, owner of the National Hockey League's Ottawa Senators and the American Hockey League's Belleville Senators, has personally pledged to pay part-time and hourly workers the income they would have otherwise received during the suspension of play due to the coronavirus pandemic and the resulting state of emergency in Ontario."

COVID-19 Information

Over to you Francesco.
I think all but one team has pledged financial assistance to part time arena workers effected by the stoppage. The great “humanitarian” Jacobs. Boston deserves an owner like that. When even the Sens owner is willing to fork over money, that just shows you how cheap you are.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
I think all but one team has pledged financial assistance to part time arena workers effected by the stoppage. The great “humanitarian” Jacobs. Boston deserves an owner like that. When even the Sens owner is willing to fork over money, that just shows you how cheap you are.
He is going to pay them, once the other games are cancelled officially.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Yeah, that was really worth bumping this thread for.

Not.
Grumpy grumpy
nrv4.gif

Reactions: VanillaCoke

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Things keep piling up for the NHL, and not in a good way. Bond and Credit Rating Agencies have placed the NHL on a 'watch list', particularly if the rest of the season and the playoffs are flushed away.

This is understandable. Unlike some of the other professional leagues with massive T.V. contracts; the NHL still relies pretty heavily on gates, merchandise revenues, concessions, etc....the kind of revenue that can only be generated by fans physically attending the games.

And an as aside, I see Pierre McGuire of NBC Sports is predicting the salary cap could decline as much as 30 percent next season. This would be a calamity for teams, players and their agents....and would likely trigger a flurry of buy-outs and even bigger problems for UFA's and RFA's.

This thing is getting ugly, fast.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
peirre mcguire is an annoying little boy loser with no sources. Just the usual rampant speculation for clicks and views.

member 290103

peirre mcguire is an annoying little boy loser with no sources. Just the usual rampant speculation for clicks and views.

after he said the Canucks destroyed the Panthers on the Gudbranson trade, I was done. He clearly is a complete idiot.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
after he said the Canucks destroyed the Panthers on the Gudbranson trade, I was done. He clearly is a complete idiot.

Much like our management seemed to favour former top prospects (Gudbranson, Pouliot, Sutter, Sbisa), Pierre may be remembering what Gudbranson was in junior rather than what he became. I have a hard time believing Pierre is watching many Florida games, especially since I think he regularly watches junior prospects as well.

Reactions: Huggy43

member 290103

He never said that, he just said that it was a good trade which you could argue was true at the time.

he did say that. Heard it myself of Sekeres and Price. There were also numerous people that panned the trade immediately, so basically your entire post is wrong.

Reactions: racerjoe

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Still can't believe we traded our second-round pick in a year where we were one of the worst teams in the league.

member 290103

Still can't believe we traded our second-round pick in a year where we were one of the worst teams in the league.

Benning throws second rounders away like they are meaningless. How Madden alone was not enough for Toffoli is beyond me. Even if he had negotiated the second as conditional on his resigning.....I bet he didn’t push back at all on the demand.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Sucks about the Oilers' Colby Cave. No kid should die at 25.
RIP Colby and condolences to his wife and entire family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad