The 2018 Panthers off-season thread-Petrovic is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
And what if he does though? What's the big deal? I get he was protected and shouldn't have been but can we not try and root for the guy?
This hate is getting a little silly no?

No, if i get payed that much and declare myslef as an Top6 Player, then i should be better. The Team could be better if we add a Player like JVR or Panarin, in the Spot of Bjugstad.
Panarin natural Winger in lowest 60 to 80 Points Season
Bjugstad C/W 40+ Point Season max in 4 Years

Sorry that is Pro Sport not hope he make it, Bjugstad is a Buy Out trade Out Player nothing else. If we really want to get the max. You reach for the max and not for the half of the Max.
When he doesnt bring it with another 40-45 Points Season as the best, we miss a opportunity you only have once or twice too add a 70 Points Player.
Bjugsatd is promising for 3 Years and every Year he had something going, wrist problem, back problem and again this is Pro Sport. If he isn´t my favorit Player, its been wise to ask for something better.

You dont reach PO on Hopes and Wishes, only delievering counts and the Money you get for your Job.
How much longer we should wait and pray that Bjugstad will reach at least 60 Points. When there is at least a 70 Point Scorer on the Market or will be at least TDL or next Season FA.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I get that, but unless we’re getting a top 4 D or a significantly better player for peanuts there’s no reason.

I like Bjugstad but I’d take Pacioretty over him in a heartbeat especially with how our team is built right now. Bjugstad is playing out of position in our top 6. We have solid depth down the middle which makes it pretty easy to swap him out for a winger. I’m assuming Montreal wants more than Bjugstad anyway so this might be a moot point but a top 6 of Hoffman - Barkov - Dadonov and Huberdeau - Trocheck - Pacioretty would be ridiculous. Even with bjugstad or Tippett/Vatrano, it’s solid so I can see why Tallon wants to sit tight. If we bring in Patches, he’ll easily end up being our highest paid forward for the next 3-4 years and obviously that’s going to be detrimental to retaining our youngers guys once they come off ELCs. Basically our cap is sitting in a pretty flexible spot right now and Pacioretty would severely hinder us moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breaking Dadonov

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No, if i get payed that much and declare myslef as an Top6 Player, then i should be better. The Team could be better if we add a Player like JVR or Panarin, in the Spot of Bjugstad.
Panarin natural Winger in lowest 60 to 80 Points Season
Bjugstad C/W 40+ Point Season max in 4 Years

Sorry that is Pro Sport not hope he make it, Bjugstad is a Buy Out trade Out Player nothing else. If we really want to get the max. You reach for the max and not for the half of the Max.
When he doesnt bring it with another 40-45 Points Season as the best, we miss a opportunity you only have once or twice too add a 70 Points Player.
Bjugsatd is promising for 3 Years and every Year he had something going, wrist problem, back problem and again this is Pro Sport. If he isn´t my favorit Player, its been wise to ask for something better.

You dont reach PO on Hopes and Wishes, only delievering counts and the Money you get for your Job.
How much longer we should wait and pray that Bjugstad will reach at least 60 Points. When there is at least a 70 Point Scorer on the Market or will be at least TDL or next Season FA.

When he was in the top 6 he had his best years though. The team wasn't full of gamebreakers back then and for a late 1st round pick, Nick has had decent years when healthy.

Hes a complimentary player that benefits playing with a superstar in Barkov and that's the majority of the league. Only 2-3 superstars per team for the most part, the rest are complimentary or mediocre players who have up and down seasons.

He still has the opportunity to have 4 good years out of the 6 year deal so let's see how next year goes and then we can evaluate. Tippett is his replacement and when he's ready, Bjugstad will be traded or finish out his deal and probably not re-signed anyhow. You can hold on one more year, I know you can :laugh:

Reactions: I am not exposed

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I like Bjugstad but I’d take Pacioretty over him in a heartbeat especially with how our team is built right now. Bjugstad is playing out of position in our top 6. We have solid depth down the middle which makes it pretty easy to swap him out for a winger. I’m assuming Montreal wants more than Bjugstad anyway so this might be a moot point but a top 6 of Hoffman - Barkov - Dadonov and Huberdeau - Trocheck - Pacioretty would be ridiculous. Even with bjugstad or Tippett/Vatrano, it’s solid so I can see why Tallon wants to sit tight. If we bring in Patches, he’ll easily end up being our highest paid forward for the next 3-4 years and obviously that’s going to be detrimental to retaining our youngers guys once they come off ELCs. Basically our cap is sitting in a pretty flexible spot right now and Pacioretty would severely hinder us moving forward.
Would you take patches for a first round pick +. I know I wouldn’t. If he was the final piece sure but we could spend that in better places.

Reactions: Ratsreign

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I don’t get why you want pacioretty so much lol. Hoffman pretty much destroyed that notion.
....why wouldnt i? when a goal scorer like him is available, cost shouldnt be bad, and possibly wants to be here? i knwo we got hoffman and that probably killed dale going after patches but if you can add him, why not? dont wanna be too good? thats why i envy tb, they have freaking stamkos, kucherov, AND hedman and are like yea, lets pursue tavares. its not like we gave up a lot of assets for hoffman either. but i know dale wont trade bjugstad, i know he wont add anything significant after hoffman now, and i know he wont move his kids (prospects). and its not a matter of getting rid of bjugstad, its just theyd have to take some salary back.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
When he was in the top 6 he had his best years though. The team wasn't full of gamebreakers back then and for a late 1st round pick, Nick has had decent years when healthy.

Hes a complimentary player that benefits playing with a superstar in Barkov and that's the majority of the league. Only 2-3 superstars per team for the most part, the rest are complimentary or mediocre players who have up and down seasons.

He still has the opportunity to have 4 good years out of the 6 year deal so let's see how next year goes and then we can evaluate. Tippett is his replacement and when he's ready, Bjugstad will be traded or finish out his deal and probably not re-signed anyhow. You can hold on one more year, I know you can :laugh:

I could, but i really don´t want it. I mean how man Teams must prove it before our Franchise recognise a real TopLine, best Player on a Team belongs in one Line.
By the Way its been now already Year 4 of his 6 Year contract and in his sixth Year he has an M-NTC in his Contract, im not sure what are we waiting for. Dale says better doesnt shake this up to much, or did it once, then re-sign new player to 5-6 Years. never must do anything anymore for yeats on the TopLines.
But sooner or later he must do something. More Value as he has now we never gain again.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
....why wouldnt i? when a goal scorer like him is available, cost shouldnt be bad, and possibly wants to be here? i knwo we got hoffman and that probably killed dale going after patches but if you can add him, why not? dont wanna be too good? thats why i envy tb, they have freaking stamkos, kucherov, AND hedman and are like yea, lets pursue tavares. its not like we gave up a lot of assets for hoffman either. but i know dale wont trade bjugstad, i know he wont add anything significant after hoffman now, and i know he wont move his kids (prospects). and its not a matter of getting rid of bjugstad, its just theyd have to take some salary back.
Patches is gonna cost a decent amount and if we’re putting assets into someone I hope it’s D man.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
If they are planning on overpaying Pacioretty, the move is to wait until he is a UFA and then over pay for his declining years without giving up assets in a trade.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Patches makes no sense after Hoffman. We're getting greedy!

It would only make sense to get Patches if we plan on signing him, given what Montreal wants and I want nothing to do with that contract.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Ok GM's don't necessarily tell the truth, but based on what Tallon said yesterday, we're set on scoring/skill and mentioned wanting to leave room for younger guys to fill roles in the next couple years. Cap flexibility is a huge asset in itself and signing Patches to a large contract into his declining years is a huge risk that also hinders the development and roles of our young skill forwards.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Florida has no cap-room to do anything stupid. I really, really wanted a proven top 4 dman but I've read good things (granted very little) about Kiselevich, and I trust DT with Russians. Hoffman was the huge add, off-season has already been a massive success. I don't remember being less stressed about a July 1. I mean, I want a good 3rd goalie because he'll definitely be needed for 5-15 starts, but it's hard to get too worked up about that.

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
Love the Hoffman move but I’m not content. We have a very good top 6, why not try and make it great? Bjugstad is ok but I think this past year is the best we are going to see out of him and that’s assuming he stays healthy for the whole season again. Would love for us to try and add a top 6 guy.

I like our third line with Mcaan Vatrano and Malgin. 4 th line will be decent as long as Mamin and Sceviour play the wing positions on most nights. A top 6 add and maybe a vet dman for depth would give us a shot at actually advancing past the first round.

3rd string goalie can wait till later on. We were able to pick up Ellis and Sateri in the past off the scrap heap and those guys won big games for us in the past. I wouldn’t call it a pressing need that should be addressed on day 1 of FA.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Love the Hoffman move but I’m not content. We have a very good top 6, why not try and make it great? Bjugstad is ok but I think this past year is the best we are going to see out of him and that’s assuming he stays healthy for the whole season again. Would love for us to try and add a top 6 guy.

I like our third line with Mcaan Vatrano and Malgin. 4 th line will be decent as long as Mamin and Sceviour play the wing positions on most nights. A top 6 add and maybe a vet dman for depth would give us a shot at actually advancing past the first round.

3rd string goalie can wait till later on. We were able to pick up Ellis and Sateri in the past off the scrap heap and those guys won big games for us in the past. I wouldn’t call it a pressing need that should be addressed on day 1 of FA.
I think if we add another top 6 guy that means salary has to go the other way. The most likely guy should be Bjugstad but I can't see Tallon moving him. McGinn is another guy but he has less value. Tallon is on record saying he wants stability and isn't buying out MacK so I have trouble believing he'd move either of them. Only situation is if a star player like Panarin was a realistic target but even then the price in players and salary may be too high. Tallon is also high on Tippet who might be a top 6 addition, tbd on him.

I'm very happy with our forward group except for the 4C.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

Getting Pacioretty wouldn't really improve that since he'd be the third LW. Unless Hoffman, Pac or Huberdeau can play RW, but that's not a given that they can.
If there are +50 points RW available for a reasonable price, I don't mind. But I don't know of any on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad