The 2018 Panthers off-season thread-Petrovic is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'm gonna guess Callahan and Ryan end up in NY (+ Smith to Sens), they have the cap space and are rebuilding.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Eh, I'll be worried if the Panthers (meaning Boughner) comes out and tries to play offense first. (It would be especially stupid now considering what he's up against)
Everyone has talent, it's the teams that maximize that talent that win the ultimate prize. And figure out that they have to stop people when they need to defensively to win in the playoffs.
Pittsburgh went on a seven year drought with Crosby and Malkin until they brought in the right coach and played the right system to maximize their talents. And they were able to shut people down defensively when they had to.
Tampa Bay with Karrlson still does not address their ability to shut down people defensively when they need to. Yeah, I know they can score a lot, but you can't outscore your way to a cup in today's NHL.
Toronto with Tavares: see Tampa Bay.
If the Panthers play defense first, I have no worries about anybody. That's why my grade for the offseason is incomplete, if I knew what Boughner was thinking I could give it a fair grade.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, it may be sort of a good thing that these other teams are going into an offensive arms race. It may force the coaching staff of the Panthers to think more about making sure their own end of the ice is shored up first and foremost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->