The 2018 Panthers off-season thread-Petrovic is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Important is that McCann stand to his word he will do any Job to help the Panthers. When McCann can Improve in the FO Circle with the Help of McK this Year, then he can take over the Position, aslong no one better comes in. But i think its sure to say, that Sceviour is a sure Spot in Bottom 6.

That makes, Haley, McK, McC, Malgin, Vatrano, Mamin, McG, Borgström, Repo, Tippett, Ang, Hunt playing for 5 Position and i hope the two eldest one doesnt matter that much only as Teacher, to develop the next Generation play.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I am also hoping that the firepower within forwards would be spread into 3 lines. Like FrolikFan said, the first line of Dads-Barky-Bjugy worked and I think it maximizes the value of Bjugstad without hindering the other 2 that much. The other 2 lines might need some initial rotating to find the players that fit together. I would personally swap Vatrano and Malgin from FrolikFan's lineup to balance out the shooters/playmakers in those lines. Vatrano would be the shooter on the 3rd line and Hoffman/Trocheck on the 2nd line. Maybe rotate Tippett on the 2nd-3rd line RW spot depending who's hot and who's not.

Dadonov - Barkov - Bjugstad
Hoffman - Trocheck - Malgin/Tippett
Huberdeau - Borgström - Vatrano/Tippett
Mamin - McCann - Sceviour

Scratches: McGinn, MacKenzie, Haley, (Tippett)

While writing this I notice how tough it is to project our "bottom 6". Although I see this depth as a good thing, I am worried for guys like Mamin, Vatrano and McCann in case they are pushed too low/out of the lineup because of guys like McK or Haley. I don't mind having McGinn on the 4th line except for having to drop Mamin out. I think the main revolving door (not considering injuries) will be the middle six RW spots.

-L-

At least 2 of those guys will have to start in the AHL because the team can't carry 16 Fs.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Out of position? ok, then:

Dadonov-Barkov-Bjugstad

doesnt make a difference.

the point is to spread the wealth. nick can produce on the top line (obviously), but he wouldnt be able to on the lower lines. huberdeau should still be able to produce down there plus its gives borgstrom a weapon to work with and allows us to roll 3 strong, evenly distributed lines. i dont expect that to happen and expect hoffman to be flipped to the rw to play with huberdeau and trocheck, or play on barkovs lw with dads on rw. but i like the idea of having one of the stronger players to play along side borg. we saw that the dads-barkov-bjug line can work, meaning we can spread the others out if we want.
I actually see the opposite, have a very strong top 6, should give our third line guys much better matchups as they are still much more skilled than your normal bottom 6.

Depth is good, we can all agree on that.

Plus it took almost half a season for Nick to get comfortable at RW, I dont know why they would switch him to LW. Just to throw off his continuity. Hoffman is definently a RWer on this team as currently constructed.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Some rumors flying that Lightning are trading for Karlsson

I'm actually leaning on towards TBL acquiring EK just to get some more interest into TBL-FLA games, let alone the whole drama with Hoff and EK. The price will be probably something like Sergachev, Foote, 1st and Raddysh.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Tampa and TML are loading up despite being great teams already. This is an arms race and the Panthers are getting left behind.

How much have both teams improved overall?

Toronto added the cream of the crop, the prized UFA home boy. At what cost? We will see next summer, when they are going to have to shell out major bread for some of their youngsters. They also lost a lot of scoring, so yes, they added Tavares, but it doesnt mean they will improve all that much. Also, that defense is crap.

TB is TB. They will be a top team in the league again, but not unbeatable. They will also have issues with their cap situation soon, and those contracts that Yzerman is handing out (McDonagh, Miller), will not help him when he has to sign his own youngsters. Plus, the EK rumors are just that, rumors. They will have to give a ton to get him.

Every team in our division, and in the East, has holes. There is not one team that is head and shoulders better than anyone else. We arent the top team in the East, but we arent being left behind.

Reactions: I am not exposed

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Tampa and TML are loading up despite being great teams already. This is an arms race and the Panthers are getting left behind.

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

I'm pretty sure I've said the same thing to someone at some point every offseason.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

Hedman Karlsson
McDonagh Stralman
Who Cares

Goodness gracious

I nearly quoted Jean Luc Discard post, to mention it. But might even more. And it wont be Callahan alone, more like they will give up, even Stralman, Boburn or Giradi.
Its not alone EK, its about Kucherov next Year, they need also Cap for him or they will lose hm.
So what ever the EK Contract will look like the next Offseason will be hard to handle.

So even with a higher Cap next Season, TBL must give up nearly every UFA next Year to re-sign Kucherov. Dont forget the EK contract will hit next Season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad