The 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The oddsmakers don’t think much of The Greatest Show On Ice either.

They are not built for playoff hockey. They are a better version of last year's Isles team except having a better goalie being the main difference. They're all skill, no balls. That's not going to fly when the intensity is ratcheted up, Boston is their worst possible matchup and TB will always be looming. I wish we were playing them in the 1st round.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
So when do they announce when the games are ? Pretty much has to be wed/thurs right?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So when do they announce when the games are ? Pretty much has to be wed/thurs right?

They officially announce it tomorrow (Sunday) at 10 AM ET on the NHL Network, and probably in an online press release, too.

I was just popping in here to see what y'all thought the schedule would be...trying to put in a guess for my series (TOR@BOS), and noticed that there's a LOT going on at Nassau! Or, more specifically, a major kiddie invasion of PJ Masks. Are there separate arenas/theaters for stuff, or am I correct in assuming that the one calendar is just for the whole space? Looks like on the 14th, there's apparently wedding stuff at noon, and PJ Masks at 2, which I presume means no games on Sunday.

Assuming Friday-Sunday are out, looks like you're going to be starting with a B2B on Wednesday/Thursday. Otherwise, you have everyone hanging out in New York from Thursday to Monday night...

crasherino

May 9, 2013
They officially announce it tomorrow (Sunday) at 10 AM ET on the NHL Network, and probably in an online press release, too.

I was just popping in here to see what y'all thought the schedule would be...trying to put in a guess for my series (TOR@BOS), and noticed that there's a LOT going on at Nassau! Or, more specifically, a major kiddie invasion of PJ Masks. Are there separate arenas/theaters for stuff, or am I correct in assuming that the one calendar is just for the whole space? Looks like on the 14th, there's apparently wedding stuff at noon, and PJ Masks at 2, which I presume means no games on Sunday.

Assuming Friday-Sunday are out, looks like you're going to be starting with a B2B on Wednesday/Thursday. Otherwise, you have everyone hanging out in New York from Thursday to Monday night...
Wed/Thurs seems like the only logical schedule. B2B shouldn’t be an issue.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Wed/Thurs seems like the only logical schedule. B2B shouldn’t be an issue.

Exactly...I mean, I'm sure it's not your preference on how to start a series, but I suppose it's better to start off with a B2B rather than have one at games 6 and 7, which is what I think might happen with the Bruins.

Also, having it early means you get rewarded with extra days off later on. It'd be easy enough to schedule you on Wed/Thurs, then Sunday - TOR@BOS is likely to get the Saturday night HNIC slot, and Washington might get the Saturday afternoon game.

The playoffs won't start until Wednesday - NBC has been advertising that date. Even avoiding a B2B isn't a reason to shift playoffs a day earlier.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Hey guys, haven’t been around much this year, but have been watching the games.

Most satisfying part aside from getting in and some home ice is that we finished ahead of the Leafs and their ultra annoying fans.

I hope we go to round two and the Traitor and his team are out after the Bruins feast on their mushy defence...

That and Barry Trotz is freakin’ awesome.

Good night!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The back to back is good for whoever loses game 1. Historically in the postseason since 1995 there’s been 18 times when games 1 and 2 or games 3 and 4 in a series have been back to backs. The loser of game 1 or game 3 has won game 2 or game 4 15 of those 18 times. Basically it means the Isles probably aren’t going to go up 2-0

Reactions: wingnutks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad