The 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You've been on this board for how long and you are picking a fight with me? OK we'll go over this again: I was originally a Whalers fan untill they were murdered. I adopted the Sabres as my new team the next day because I loved Ted Nolan from his days as a Whalers assistant and because the Sabres were the one old Adams Division team I didn't hate. Even though Nolan was gone after the season I stuck with them. Fast forward to 2010 and I find out I can get a $10 a game season plan at the Coliseum in the obstructed double back and I just want to see live hockey. But through going to the games and making friends I gradually became attached to the team and they became a solid second fave. This isn't uncommon for Sabres fans because the WNY diaspora is all over America and they end up following the local team as a second fave because they love hockey. If you ever noticed on these boards I defend the Islanders and Islanders fans as hard as anyone. Think what you want but I really do care about this team and I pray I get to see Andres Lee skating over the Barclays Center ice with the cup this June because after all the bull**** Islanders fans have had to endure for the past quarter century it would be ****ing poetic justice.

You see the line, "See me after class," and think I'm picking a fight with you?

:dunno::propeller

Reactions: sabremike

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Not sure why anybody would rather face the Pens than the Canes.

Pitt has won 2 of the last 3 Cups, only losing to the Cup winner last year. Carolina hasn’t played in a playoff game this decade.

They don’t even “have our number.” We’re 3-1 against them this year.

Our season series wrapped up with them on 1/9 where we lost, and they are a much different team than when we faced them all in 2018. Three out of the four were 1 goal games. That record doesn't tell the whole story. Pitt is old and tired and I think we can beat them into submission.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Just had the greatest idea: I'm not a GOT fan but am culturally aware enough to know there is a blond lady who has a dragon she summons. Can we bring this actress in for the pregame ceremony and have her summon Sparky onto the ice? Social media would completely eat that up.

Social media would eat up, but actual GOT fans would probably vomit in their mouths profusely.

Reactions: Costigan77

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Maybe this has been discussed so apologies if I'm late to the game here....but if the Islanders win tonight by 1 and the Caps lose by 1, the goal differential becomes Caps +1 and the Isles are 1 pt behind in the standings. If the Isles then win in OT, they are tied in points, their goal differentials are even and they've split games between both teams. Who gets the Division?

Edit: Damn - Just realized after I posted that that the Caps win it because the loser point gets them more points between the two teams.....I think.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Maybe this has been discussed so apologies if I'm late to the game here....but if the Islanders win tonight by 1 and the Caps lose by 1, the goal differential becomes Caps +1 and the Isles are 1 pt behind in the standings. If the Isles then win in OT, they are tied in points, their goal differentials are even and they've split games between both teams. Who gets the Division?

Edit: Damn - Just realized after I posted that that the Caps win it because the loser point gets them more points between the two teams.....I think.

yes, I believe you are correct, Caps would win on head to head in your scenario due to the loser point if total points and ROWs are tied. Goal differential is after the head to head tiebreaker.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

yes, I believe you are correct, Caps would win on head to head in your scenario due to the loser point if total points and ROWs are tied. Goal differential is after the head to head tiebreaker.

Eric Hornick is definitely the guy to follow for this type of information, he breaks it all down pretty simply.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I mentioned this in another thread but was wondering if anyone else who has been to recent home games noticed that they stopped posting the out of town scores like they had done for most of the season. I missed the Sabres game but definitely noticed when I attended the TML and Yotes games. The auxiliary scoreboard directly across from the Isles bench up top normally flashes scores intermittently during the period but did not at all for those games. Just guessing, but assume Trotz and/or Lou may have thought distracting for players to scoreboard watch . Maybe everyone does it but we don't have enough tight races to notice in the past? Although I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that it was just a malfunction at the coli, they had a rough go getting SOG and other stats up early in the year.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Eric Hornick is definitely the guy to follow for this type of information, he breaks it all down pretty simply.

Eric is great. I would not say I am good friends with him but as a fellow actuary I know him and have a number of mutual friends/colleagues.

Stupid side note. I actually went to the hockey hall of fame with him in Toronto with a mutual friend. The pic of him with the cup on his twitter account is from that day when we were in Toronto at a conference. He asked me to take the pic it came out so bad that he asked the security guard to do it after which came out much better. Needless to say he did not use the one I took. My photography skills are very bad.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I mentioned this in another thread but was wondering if anyone else who has been to recent home games noticed that they stopped posting the out of town scores like they had done for most of the season. I missed the Sabres game but definitely noticed when I attended the TML and Yotes games. The auxiliary scoreboard directly across from the Isles bench up top normally flashes scores intermittently during the period but did not at all for those games. Just guessing, but assume Trotz and/or Lou may have thought distracting for players to scoreboard watch . Maybe everyone does it but we don't have enough tight races to notice in the past? Although I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that it was just a malfunction at the coli, they had a rough go getting SOG and other stats up early in the year.
I'm almost positive they had the out of town scoreboard flashing periodically on Monday. You had to catch it as it wasn't there too frequently, but I'm pretty sure I saw it (and not just on the main board in between periods).

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I'm almost positive they had the out of town scoreboard flashing periodically on Monday. You had to catch it as it wasn't there too frequently, but I'm pretty sure I saw it (and not just on the main board in between periods).

It is possible that I am wrong but, I had all the guys in my section and my daughter looking during the game. We all came to the same conclusion. I had noticed it at the Yotes game as well. We all kept going to our phones as there were a bunch of big games going on at the same time including the Caps.

You are right thought that during the season you had to catch it as much of the time they had advertisements and messages up there but the last game we were trying to look and never saw it.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Eric is great. I would not say I am good friends with him but as a fellow actuary I know him and have a number of mutual friends/colleagues.

Stupid side note. I actually went to the hockey hall of fame with him in Toronto with a mutual friend. The pic of him with the cup on his twitter account is from that day when we were in Toronto at a conference. He asked me to take the pic it came out so bad that he asked the security guard to do it after which came out much better. Needless to say he did not use the one I took. My photography skills are very bad.
If you could post some pics from your next actuarial get together, that'd be great. I'm assuming its something along the lines of John Belushi, DMX and Chris Farley getting a quarter barrel and an eight ball and the keys to '72 Malibu convertible.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I noticed it too. Assuming it’s another “Lou thing”

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
If you could post some pics from your next actuarial get together, that'd be great. I'm assuming its something along the lines of John Belushi, DMX and Chris Farley getting a quarter barrel and an eight ball and the keys to '72 Malibu convertible.

Maybe some pics that other send me. If I sent mine they would all be blurs (with numbers floating above our heads).. Never sure if I will see him as there are probably a dozen events and he is not in my immediate crowd. We all need to go to a few for continuing education although some spots are nice. I think this year Bermuda and Hawaii (first time long in a long time) are options. (BTW we are FCAS's (property & casualty) not FSA's (life) so please don't ask me how long you will live).

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Maybe some pics that other send me. If I sent mine they would all be blurs (with numbers floating above our heads).. Never sure if I will see him as there are probably a dozen events and he is not in my immediate crowd. We all need to go to a few for continuing education although some spots are nice. I think this year Bermuda and Hawaii (first time long in a long time) are options. (BTW we are FCAS's (property & casualty) not FSA's (life) so please don't ask me how long you will live).
No prob....is that tree going to fall on my house???? :dunno:

Reactions: Big L

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
No prob....is that tree going to fall on my house???? :dunno:

you may need to get that thing trimmed, just sayin' .. I gotta guy.....

you don't live in florida by any chance do you? If so I would tell you to watch out for that sinkhole developing in your driveway and for anyone who is asking for you to sign over your policy benefits. And buy flood insurance, you aren't covered if you don't have it..
(I should have also said, I am in reinsurance, not primary, so know nothing about your policies. We insure insurance companies, kind of like a bookie laying off his bets).

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
you may need to get that thing trimmed, just sayin' .. I gotta guy.....

you don't live in florida by any chance do you? If so I would tell you to watch out for that sinkhole developing in your driveway and for anyone who is asking for you to sign over your policy benefits. And buy flood insurance, you aren't covered if you don't have it..
(I should have also said, I am in reinsurance, not primary, so know nothing about your policies. We insure insurance companies, kind of like a bookie laying off his bets).

The "re" in reinsurance is just two more $$ signs.

Reactions: 19 in a row

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Well...can't he be messing around and be a dick at the same time????

(I mean that in the most flattering way possible).

giphy.gif

Reactions: crasherino

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Anyone know if the inventory on Ticketmaster is what you see, what you get for the 1st round? Or has the full inventory not yet been released? Wondering as an individual game ticket buyer if it's better to buy now or wait a little while longer.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Anyone know if the inventory on Ticketmaster is what you see, what you get for the 1st round? Or has the full inventory not yet been released? Wondering as an individual game ticket buyer if it's better to buy now or wait a little while longer.

I've been going to concerts and sporting events for a long time and every time I get the tickets...Because I'm damn good at it. And when it comes to getting good seats, let's just say this is usually my philosophy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad