The 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I think this team could make serious noise in the playoffs.

I don’t like making statements like that, out of fear of jinxing the whole thing, but I just have a feeling about this.

These guys are playing with a chip on their shoulder, and they’ve been proving the naysayers wrong all season. They’ve been extremely conistant, and that’s conducive to being successful in the post season

Reactions: Quicklime

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I think this team could make serious noise in the playoffs.

I don’t like making statements like that, out of fear of jinxing the whole thing, but I just have a feeling about this.

These guys are playing with a chip on their shoulder, and they’ve been proving the naysayers wrong all season. They’ve been extremely conistant, and that’s conducive to being successful in the post season

They could do a lot of damage, it really depends on Eberle, Beau and Bailey helping out on offense like they have recently

The Boston and Montreal games were the valley which is good to get that out of the way before the playoffs.

It all depends on how this lines up, they owned Carolina in the regular season so if they are the #3 seed then Isles have a good advantage. Playing Pittsburgh in first round would be tough but Isles have good playoff history against them

The team I would want to avoid oddly is the team that probably will miss out and that is Montreal... Price is the player that scares me most... Of course Tampa and Boston are the scariest teams but Isles will not see them in the first 2 rounds.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
While I would love to see a long playoff run, this season has already been an A+ year for me.

Now I'm just going to sit back, relax, and enjoy.

Oh, and bring on the bracket challenge PK Cronin...

Well, isn't an A+ the highest grade possible, which would mean the team wins the Stanley Cup?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
May not be the sexiest team or have a great roster on paper (whatever that is supposed to count for anyway) but as of 03/30/2019 this morning we're 5th in the league for f***s sake.

We're going to make some noise this year!

The whole 6 man D unit is excellent, goaltending is excellent (Lehner showered with MVP chants last night) and all 4 lines can pot goals.

Oh and who's going to out coach Trotz?

Any team looking forward to playing us over another matchup will get a quick exit.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Well, isn't an A+ the highest grade possible, which would mean the team wins the Stanley Cup?

Not at all.

Once again, this is year 1 of a retool year. With 3 games left, they can potentially win the division. Did you expect more?
Does Vegas not get an A+ because they lost in the finals?

Perspective my friend...

Last edited:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
At this point you gotta think the first round matchup will be Isles vs Pitt. I want home ice advantage bad though, let the barn rock for game 1.
They should definitely be going balls to the wall for home ice. Just gotta win next 3. You have to figure Pitt will win out. Isles control their own destiny for home ice for round 1

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
While I would love to see a long playoff run, this season has already been an A+ year for me.

Now I'm just going to sit back, relax, and enjoy.

Oh, and bring on the bracket challenge PK Cronin...

Once the challenge is up on the NHL site I'll start'er up.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
g4dmkbgxsgp21.jpg

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
At this point you gotta think the first round matchup will be Isles vs Pitt. I want home ice advantage bad though, let the barn rock for game 1.

I’m not sure it really matters. Home ice or not the Isles are a pretty long shot to win this series.

Reactions: wingnutks

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
CDH out thanks to the Pens. Let’s take those f***ers down.

This team has to give 150%, they can beat the defensively suspect Pens. The Pens are playing boring, defensive hockey. This works in their favor bc they have superior skill; here’s hoping they have several injuries AND play to their true weaknesses.

W that said, they were a superior team in ‘13; they will soon learn who the force of the Metro is. Two years, NYI will be dominating the Metro, just wait and see. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia