The 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Not much chance of that. It will probably be a night game though. You look st the other series it’s hard to see Pens/Isles not being the 7 or 8pm game Saturday. I would be shocked if they got the 1pm slot when you have Canes/Caps and Jackets/Bolts as the other series. Toronto automatically puts the other series as lower US marketing

We don't have a game next Saturday.

Party.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Wondering how Trotz manages the matchups. Leddy and Boychuk get the first shot at Sidney's line? Lots of variables but F wise, TB4LIH vs Sidney, Barzal line vs Geno and Phil and Filpula line vs Bjustad. That opens up Nelson vs their 4th line.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Wondering how Trotz manages the matchups. Leddy and Boychuk get the first shot at Sidney's line? Lots of variables but F wise, TB4LIH vs Sidney, Barzal line vs Geno and Phil and Filpula line vs Bjustad. That opens up Nelson vs their 4th line.

I think Pulock will get Crosby, while Boychuk gets Malkin. Boychuk and Hamonic can play a physical game and that worked when we played them last time for a bit, no?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
B2B should be an issue. It’s not optimal for the playoffs but we’re going to end up having to do it somewhere in this series.:ha:
We were something like 12-1-1 on the second half of B2B this year, and the way we can roll four lines, B2Bs and overtimes are our friends.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
We were something like 12-1-1 on the second half of B2B this year, and the way we can roll four lines, B2Bs and overtimes are our friends.
3 on 3 OTs. :naughty:

B2Bs are not optimal in the playoffs. I’m gratified that we’ve done as well as we have in the 2nd half of B2Bs but I’d hate the thought of having to go to a double or triple OT in the 1st of a B2B and having to play the next night.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
3 on 3 OTs. :naughty:

B2Bs are not optimal in the playoffs. I’m gratified that we’ve done as well as we have in the 2nd half of B2Bs but I’d hate the thought of having to go to a double or triple OT in the 1st of a B2B and having to play the next night.
The good thing about the playoffs is no 3-on-3 OT. We can keep rolling four lines. Remember they will have also played the same double or triple OT and have to play the next night, but with them having played their top players more.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I'm gonna make a thread: "The 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs: New York Islanders edition". The first post will be "We're not winning the Cup anyway" and then it's immediately locked. Maybe after that we all go meet at an Applebees or something and talk about the draft.

Reactions: Instant

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I'm gonna make a thread: "The 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs: New York Islanders edition". The first post will be "We're not winning the Cup anyway" and then it's immediately locked. Maybe after that we all go meet at an Applebees or something and talk about the draft.
Hopefully there will be time to get a second post in: "Told you so we should have been sellers! Now we will lose our UFA's for nothing!"

In all seriousness, I bet you see that post, perhaps verbatim, as soon as the Isles are eliminated. Or maybe even down in a series by two games.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He’s a free agent and I know he’s 35 but he’s still a really good player. I’d love to have him on the right deal.

If he and Lee were on the same team, they'd score more tipped goals as a duo than the rest of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad