The 2017 NFL draft prospects thread

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Not that I'm endorsing drafting Trubisky, but realistically he's probably just as good or a better option than the 6-5 Jake Locker's and Josh Freeman's of the world that get drafted high but can't hit anything.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Locker was made of glass and Freeman didn't dedicate himself. Trubisky is a better prospect than both. Maybe not the same ceilings but a much higher floor.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not sure why you are bringing up Locker/Freeman

If Trubisky gets selected in those spots it wouldn't be such an issue. Its potentially being selected #1 and better prospects at various positions being passed up by Browns because they are reaching for need

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Freeman was also garbage in college and never showed the ability to be an NFL QB. Dude got drafted high (or I would suggest, drafted at all) because he could throw it a long distance.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Traits get you drafted. That's what matters. Carson Wentz had incredibly unimpressive tape yet went top 2. Played in a system in which he wasn't asked to do much in.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Hadn't heard this one before. The last little while most of the talk has been about them possibly moving up from 12.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Its so easy to root for DeShaun Watson. He has that it factor that will make his teammates want to run through a wall for him. I'm happy for him and his family.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I really don't get the Trubisky hype at all. Dude seems like the next Bortles at best to me. He's all "MEASURABLES!" hype. But I also don't like any QB in this class as a first round talent.

The Browns would be dumb to take him at one. If he's not there at 12, so be it, I wouldn't even move up for him. They're better off taking someone else at 12 and grabbing Watson/Mahomes/Kizer/Webb at the top of the 2nd.

Say Hey Kid

Whole cell block was dancing to the jailhouse rock
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I really don't get the Trubisky hype at all. Dude seems like the next Bortles at best to me. He's all "MEASURABLES!" hype. But I also don't like any QB in this class as a first round talent. The Browns would be dumb to take him at one. If he's not there at 12, so be it, I wouldn't even move up for him. They're better off taking someone else at 12 and grabbing Watson/Mahomes/Kizer/Webb at the top of the 2nd.
Agreed with all this. At pick 3 the Bears are taking 1 of these 3: defensive end Solomon Thomas, safety Jamal Adams, and cornerback Marshon Lattimore.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
What the hell is going on? Teams get so desperate for a QB so they reach (and call it a day on guys like Bortles early) and it sets them back years.

Carolina seems almost certain to take Fournette if he's there and McCaffrey if he's not. I'd still be excited for Howard, okay with a safety, disappointed with a DE, angry with a corner or OT, and extremely confused with anything else.

EDIT: The mocked Carolina picks from various pundits are compiled here. The results:

McCaffrey: 16
Fournette: 6
Allen: 1
Barnett: 1
Howard: 1
Thomas: 1
Hooker: 1

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I really don't get the Trubisky hype at all. Dude seems like the next Bortles at best to me. He's all "MEASURABLES!" hype. But I also don't like any QB in this class as a first round talent.

The Browns would be dumb to take him at one. If he's not there at 12, so be it, I wouldn't even move up for him. They're better off taking someone else at 12 and grabbing Watson/Mahomes/Kizer/Webb at the top of the 2nd.

I don't, either. I know that bowl game tape is overrated, but he was terrible in his bowl game against Stanford (I think it was). He only started 13 games in college. You're essentially betting on a one year wonder.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Trubisky doesn't even have great measurables. Same size as Watson who they say is "small". :laugh: I believe the Watson to the Jags hype. Coughlin runs the show now.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Man this draft is all over the place. Mayock tweeted that he's never seen such a cloudy round one.

Walter footballs rumors quoted someone saying Mahomes could go number 2 to SF. That would be wild.

Watson's probably going to go early too. I'm starting to doubt Watson though - dude only scored 20 on the Wonderlic. I'm believing the Jags pick will be either Watson or Fournette but wow - they can't throw out Watson day one.

Also hearing Ramzyc (sp?) still has big time injury concerns.

All over the place!

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Seems like more often then not everyone pooh pahs the QBs for a while, then come draft day there's a race up the draft order to grab them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad