The 2017 NFL draft prospects thread

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver

That's too far of a jump and Jason Cole is just about the last insider I'd trust but if true, that has to be for McCaffrey, no?

they are talking with titans for 18 not 5, they want bowles at 18 b/c they think ny giants and seattle seahawks are coming for him

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I want Seattle to take Budda. And Sidney Jones.

That does seem possible.

Budda Baker is mocked to go early it the 2nd, so if the Hawks can find a team like Cle/Chi to trade down into early 2nd round and pick up an extra pick, they could do that and still get Baker. Jones, his doctor came out and said he should be ok to go by Sept. Still, no training camp or pre-season games for him. So, getting him at the end of round 2 would be possible.

I would say that this would be the way to go if the Hawks had been able to sign TJ Lang from the Packers, but he ended up in Detroit.

That signing could have allowed the Hawks to go Ifedi, Glowinski, Britt, Lang, Joeckl along the line.

The Hawks do have to prepare for life after the LOB. Chancellor's deal is coming up and he's no longer the type of safety teams covet. That enforcer who comes up to support the run. They'd rather have someone who can cover the TE. Baker can do that.

And with all of the Sherman rumours, best to pick up a CB in Jones.

Hawks still have 3 3rd rounders. Can get depth on the OL, Edge rusher, and a LB or another CB.

But, it all depends on how the draft falls. If Watson is on the board at #26, I expect the hawks to get calls and at that point, they should pry a 3rd rounder from the acquiring team and then they would have 4 picks in round 3.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I think it's all big media smokescreen to get people pumped for the draft tonight. "Will the Browns screw it up?" is a sure way to keep interest at a high level.

Garrett will be the pick, and the Browns will trade back into the top five to get Trubisky. They'll give up #12, #33, and a 2nd rounder next year.

What I don't get is that if Trubisky isn't expected to play, why trade up for him?

My take is that next draft, the top 5/6 teams will be:

Rams/49ers/Browns/Bears/Jets/Jags

So, really, not much change from this past season. Why?

NFC East - all solid teams. Don't expect a bottom 5 finish in that division
NFC South - all have a good QB. No reason, barring insane injuries to bottom out
NFC North - Rodgers, Stafford, Bradford should keep the Bears on the bottom
NFC West - Seattle/Arizona the top dogs. QB play will dictate how SF/LA fare.
AFC East - NE and everyone else. Think Gase should continue to help Tannellhill improve. Taylor and the Bills have enough talent to be close to the playoffs. Jets, rebuilding
AFC South - Colts have Luck. Titans on the rise. Houston has a Defense. Jag, everything boils down to their QB. Don't have the confidence in Bortles
AFC North - The big 3 teams there have a QB. Cleveland is Cleveland
AFC West - Raiders and Chiefs top teams. Broncos have defence and need solid QB play. Chargers, have Rivers, and they were decimated by injuries last season.

Can always be a surprise.

But, I wouldn't mortgage that many picks for a Trubisky/Watson. If we are talking about dealing a 3rd and either #12 or #33 to get a Trubisky or Watson later, that makes sense. Otherwise, I'd just wait until next year's draft when the likes of Sam Darnold, Mason Rudolph, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield, Tanner Magnum are in the draft and I can take one with a top 5 pick.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yep. His mental game is way better than the rest. Petrino puts everything on him. I'll be proven right. Josh Allen? Give me a ****ing break. Another tall white dud.

Mar 1, 2002
Not sure what race has to do with this. Of the last 13 black QB's in the first round, 7 were busts. Same ratio as white dudes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->