The 2017 NFL draft prospects thread

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/s...ckeyes-accused-rape-lawyer-denies-allegations

Former Ohio State cornerback Gareon Conley has been accused by a woman of raping her in a Cleveland hotel earlier this month, according to Cleveland police.

Conley has not been arrested, nor have any charges been filed against him as Cleveland police investigate the allegations. Police spokeswoman Jennifer Ciaccia said investigators are making arrangements to interview Conley.

Attorney Kevin Spellacy, without naming his client, earlier Tuesday denied the allegations to WOIO-TV in Cleveland, calling them "ludicrous and ridiculous."

According to a police report obtained by ESPN, the alleged incident occurred April 9. A 23-year-old woman told police she met Conley in the elevator of the downtown hotel and he brought her back to his hotel room. She alleges that after she declined an offer of group sex with Conley and two friends, Conley had sex with her then kicked her out of the room.

The woman reported the incident and then went to a local hospital, where a rape kit was administered. But the woman also refused to speak to police, according to the report.

According to the police report, Conley's friends said nothing happened between Conley and his accuser and that she was angry he asked her to leave.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/25/...cter-concerns-scouts-florida-state-miami-dade

The concerns NFL teams have with Cook’s off-the-field history can be traced back to his middle school days. Some of it is Cook’s doing, some of it the product of a hard upbringing, and some of it is from the imagination of a man set on sabotaging him

Interesting read.

I wonder if teams are just are scared off by his combine/athletic profile as they are some of these off-field issues. On-the-field, he might be the best RB prospect in the draft.

Winston & the Bucs seem to be pushing for him and that may be his best 1st round chance.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Interesting read.

I wonder if teams are just are scared off by his combine/athletic profile as they are some of these off-field issues. On-the-field, he might be the best RB prospect in the draft.

Winston & the Bucs seem to be pushing for him and that may be his best 1st round chance.

Bucs might be his best chance of going in the 1st round but he might be much better off out of Florida if these off the field concerns with the people surrounding him are legit.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

Mildly interesting, and I could totally see this happening. Hawks always pick in the mid-late twenties, and seems like they usually trade back for an extra mid-rounder.

The article mentions Bolles and I'd be on board, but not sure he makes it to 31.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site

Mildly interesting, and I could totally see this happening. Hawks always pick in the mid-late twenties, and seems like they usually trade back for an extra mid-rounder.

The article mentions Bolles and I'd be on board, but not sure he makes it to 31.

ATL targeting Harris. From the latest mock drafts, Bolles hasn't been linked to a team ahead of the hawks, and the teams after the Hawks don't need OL help. So, if the Falcons are interested in targeting a certain player, then I could see Seattle dropping back.

I'm sure Seattle would also consider dropping out of round 1 and allowing a team like Clev, Jax, Chi, NYJ to move from early 2nd round back into the 1st round to grab a QB like Watson or Mahommes. They've done it before with Minny dropping from #32 to #40 and getting #108.

So, a 4th from ATL would be around #136. Hawks managed to grab a #3 from Denver when they dropped back last year for the Broncos to get Lynch.

If you are Seattle, they like the extra pick as they dealt their 4th rounder to NE last year to grab NE's 5th pick and take Quinten Jefferson from Maryland. They forfeited their 5th rounder this year due to contact during their non-contact practice.

I'm just curious to see what Seattle does with Ifedi. Do they leave him at guard or move him to Tackle?

For OL, Lamp appears to be the best guy. Most analysts expect him to move to Guard in the NFL. Some scouts think he could be a RT. Ramczk is a good run block, same with Robinson, but scouts I see have him moving to Guard. As for Bolles being 25, not an issue. You'd have him until age 30, then you can decide if you want to give him a big contract or not. A lot can change in the NFL in 5 years.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Please don't take him Jerry. Please.

I don't think they are bluffing about Jeff Heath.
Of course, if some safety they like falls to 28/60/etc they probably will take em, but I think they feel comfortable with Heath/Blanton/Frazier and not reaching this year

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I don't think they are bluffing about Jeff Heath.
Of course, if some safety they like falls to 28/60/etc they probably will take em, but I think they feel comfortable with Heath/Blanton/Frazier and not reaching this year

Baker, the safety out of Washington has been mocked in the late first round, early second if the cowboys want a safety. He can cover tight ends and come up and make tackles. That's an option if you want the cowboys to avoid peppers.

Still boggles my mind how players can get into trouble or at least ha EA allegations against them during the month of the draft. You are literally weeks away from signing a contract worth millions. A drop in the draft will cost you a tonne of money. Conley has been mocked to be the first corner off the board since the Sidney Jones injury.

He's going to fall. And the kid from Florida who hit a woman was rated in round 2-3, likely won't go until the very end of the draft or go undrafted.

The OL Collins from 2 years ago fell as well and went undrafted. Only benefit to being undrafted is that you sign a 3 year rookie deal vs a 4 year deal so you get to free agency sooner. So, you need to perform and stay healthy, which is never assured in football.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I know this is about the 2017 prospects but I was watching LSU games to get a feel for Duke Riley and Jamal Adams but Arden Key is going to be a ****ing savage. He's a tornado on the field.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
C-XBUyeU0AA0JlW.jpg:large

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I thought teams made a mistake when they all passed on La'el Collins a couple years back, and said at the time I would use a 2nd/3rd round pick on him as he was a 1st round rated guy. The link to him sounded extremely questionable, and worst-case scenario you waste a 3rd rounder.

I feel the same for Conley. If he's there at the bottom of the 2nd round, that's where the value > risk.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Very similar to the Collins situation. All the teams are probably scrambling right now and they'd have to be pretty certain he did nothing wrong in order to draft him.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
So, to bring race and sexual politics in this.....I think if a team believes in Conley and picks him in the first round, I think a smart team could say,

"African-Americans are falsely accused and convicted more than any other group in this country. To have accusations cost a young man millions of dollars by just making an accusation without charges being filed is unfair, unjust and a continuation of 200 years of African-Americans being punished for crimes they never committed."

I think it would be hard for even the most strident SJW come back and fight that.

/politics off.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So, to bring race and sexual politics in this.....I think if a team believes in Conley and picks him in the first round, I think a smart team could say,

"African-Americans are falsely accused and convicted more than any other group in this country. To have accusations cost a young man millions of dollars by just making an accusation without charges being filed is unfair, unjust and a continuation of 200 years of African-Americans being punished for crimes they never committed."

I think it would be hard for even the most strident SJW come back and fight that.

/politics off.

They don't have to do that, the story will play itself out. As long as he's innocent or at least not charged, nobody will care by training camp.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I know this is about the 2017 prospects but I was watching LSU games to get a feel for Duke Riley and Jamal Adams but Arden Key is going to be a ****ing savage. He's a tornado on the field.

who you like more Guice or Fournette?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
From Schefter.....

"I continue to hear that Mitchell Trubisky is square in consideration and may turn out to be the No. 1 pick," Schefter said. "Now I know everyone thinks Myles Garrett’s going to be the pick, and I will not be surprised if that’s the case ... But I have got very smart, very well-connected people telling me over the last 24 hours that they think Trubisky’s going to be the No. 1 pick."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/67216/schefter?rw=1

I would feel bad for Browns fans if this happens but I also root for chaos during the draft.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I hope they take Trubisky because Myles Garrett, Arik Armstead and DeFo makes me happy. Saw a video today of Armstead running the bags. 300 lb lineman aren't supposed to move like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad