The 2017 NFL draft prospects thread

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Agreed, don't think Peppers has the strength to be a LB. Didn't show great ballhawking skills in college as most really successful NFL safties do. Tremendous athlete, but I'm not sold it'll translate to a good NFL player.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I'm not sure what Peppers will be. But I can see him lasting in the league, injuries aside, at least five-to-ten years as a backup or starter.

I wouldn't take him in the first round due to not have a defined position where he sticks out. His versatility is a plus however.

Lions need all the help they can get, if not have a completely defensive draft. But I'll pass on him in the first round.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
For me Peppers can only succeed in the NFL on offense. If I was thinking of drafting him it would be as a guy that you can line up in several positions and can give your offense flexibility.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Which player will the Bears take at No. 3? Here are the final projected picks from Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay, plus the players Louis Riddick and NFL Nation would select: Kiper – Solomon Thomas, DL, Stanford; McShay/NFL Nation – Jamal Adams, S, LSU; Riddick – Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M.
http://www.espn.com/chicago/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mayock mocked him to Falcons

With the ball in his hands, Peppers is special. He'll be a core special teams player. He can play strong safety and nickel. He fits what Dan Quinn wants on defense with quickness and toughness.

So a 4-3 SS/Nickel Corner

Thoughts?

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Jabril Peppers is not a linebacker. He's too small and weak.

He's going to a Nickel/Safety or hybrid $backer. I like the kids athleticism and his attitude is great, seems like a natural leader that his teammates will play hard for.

As others said coverage is his weakness, in part due to not being a full time DB. In his first year you are getting a potentially great Punt Returner, a dynamic weapon to use on offense, and a hybrid defensive player that can stuff the run and blitz and I think can play decent man coverage.

If you want a true cover safety for the slot I'd go Budda Baker or Chidobe Awuzie who's played CB/Slot/S in college. Peppers is more of an all around weapon and definitely a Boom or Bust guy. That said I really like the kid and would gamble on him for the Steelers at #30

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

That's too far of a jump and Jason Cole is just about the last insider I'd trust but if true, that has to be for McCaffrey, no?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Undoubtedly. All I've seen today is how much Elway respects and loves Ed, but I agree. I don't see how the Broncos can put together a package to get into position to draft him without compromising their entire draft. If they did trade up, and Fournette does go to Jacksonville, that leaves Carolina in an interesting spot.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The Broncos can get up to somewhere between 12 and 18 with their picks based on draft points.

But I've heard they're trying to move up regardless.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He's going to a Nickel/Safety or hybrid $backer. I like the kids athleticism and his attitude is great, seems like a natural leader that his teammates will play hard for.

As others said coverage is his weakness, in part due to not being a full time DB. In his first year you are getting a potentially great Punt Returner, a dynamic weapon to use on offense, and a hybrid defensive player that can stuff the run and blitz and I think can play decent man coverage.

If you want a true cover safety for the slot I'd go Budda Baker or Chidobe Awuzie who's played CB/Slot/S in college. Peppers is more of an all around weapon and definitely a Boom or Bust guy. That said I really like the kid and would gamble on him for the Steelers at #30

Marcus Williams from Utah is better than all those players you mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad