Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Entry Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Then watch Roy do something unexpected and take Kyle Connor a few spots before he is supposed to go. The outrage here would crazy.

But ultimately wouldn't be that big of a reach. Great prospect. Top 5 type of guy in a "normal" year.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
But ultimately wouldn't be that big of a reach. Great prospect. Top 5 type of guy in a "normal" year.

I think Connor will be absolutely great. Wouldn't be pissed 1 second. He's not as hyped as others but I don't see anything that tells me Crouse or Rantanen are definetly better than him. This kid has got every single tools you'd be looking for in a top 6 player. He's not huge but his size isn't an issue either. Would absolutely love him on Duchene's wing.

I don't think there's a way I'm pissed over who we pick. Sure Barzal isn't the best fit but I like him a lot as a player too. Rantanen, Crouse, Provorov and Werenski all look great to me and fit our needs as well. The only player that we could pick in our range that I have some doubts on is Zacha, and even then, maybe he busts, but he also has some huge raw talent and could be something special as well.

No matter how I look at it, I will be happy come draft day with our first round selection. Unless we reach massively, which isn't the case if we pick a guy like Connor in my opinion, everything should be fine to me.

I'm more interested in who we'll pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Those two picks are going to be very important to restore our prospect pool. We can get very good and valuable assets with those two picks. I can't wait until draft day.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That's how I feel too, there isn't anyone projected in the top 12ish I dislike. I'm just excited to get anyone of such a high talent into our pool. I also agree rounds 2-4 are going to be fun as well.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Was watching when he scored the other day, funny you should bring him up. 2/3 round I guess, seems like a decent forward prospect wouldn't say anything overtly stood out but seems like he could still make a leap in the next couple of years. PPG this year, not bad.

Thanks TV!

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
We get it. They clearly are leaning forward. But at a certain point if Provorov is still around you can't pass on him. They want a big forward but they are still going to have provorov ranked top ten.

The thing is that there's no guarantee they even have Provorov ahead of Werenski or that they consider him the best player available over Crouse and Rantanen for exemple. So no, I don't think if he's available they'll necessarily feel like they ''can't pass on him''. It's not like he's a consensus top 5 pick out there. Some have him at 5 or 6, others at 10 or 12.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Holy moly...

I didn't realize that both Philadelphia and Columbus are only 2 points back from us right now...I knew they were close. Columbus wins tonight and they'll leap frog us in the standings, because they have more Wins than us

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Holy moly...

I didn't realize that both Philadelphia and Columbus are only 2 points back from us right now...I knew they were close. Columbus wins tonight and they'll leap frog us in the standings, because they have more Wins than us

Now it's clear you don't read mine or many others' posts. We only talk about this every single day. :laugh:

7th is a possibility.....

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Holy moly...

Yea things have gotten tight all of a sudden. They both likely will have the ROW tiebreaker too. 7th is definitely a possibility.

In other news, friggin Edmonton potentially may have two lottery picks if the Pens get passed by the Sens who are two points back, because that 1st involved in the Perron trade wasn't lottery protected. The hockey gods can't let them mismanage their way to #1 and #4, that would be ridiculous.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Now it's clear you don't read mine or many others' posts. We only talk about this every single day. :laugh:

7th is a possibility.....

I skim, if I don't see my name, then I go "Meh, they're not talking about me, time to move on to some--ooh, something shiny!" :sarcasm:

I know that it's been talked about, but I just went to look at the actual standings myself, I thought I saw them yesterday and that they were still 4 points back, but I didn't recall both being 2 points back. 7th is definitely a possibility. Now, we need Dallas to win tonight, or at least get a point, but the perfect end would be a Dallas win in OT

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We get it. They clearly are leaning forward. But at a certain point if Provorov is still around you can't pass on him. They want a big forward but they are still going to have provorov ranked top ten.

Obviously they are going to have other types of players on their list but we don't know what that is. Also, some teams just flat out don't take Russians, if this organization is still one of them then he's not on their list at all. I know that sounds incredibly ignorant but it's the truth, some organizations flat out will not touch certain guys.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
The thing is that there's no guarantee they even have Provorov ahead of Werenski or that they consider him the best player available over Crouse and Rantanen for exemple. So no, I don't think if he's available they'll necessarily feel like they ''can't pass on him''. It's not like he's a consensus top 5 pick out there. Some have him at 5 or 6, others at 10 or 12.

I guess my point is that they might slightly skew from BPA to pick a big forward but they aren't going to pass on a defenseman or smaller forward if the gap is big enough. I.E Marner falls to our pick for some reason.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Obviously they are going to have other types of players on their list but we don't know what that is. Also, some teams just flat out don't take Russians, if this organization is still one of them then he's not on their list at all. I know that sounds incredibly ignorant but it's the truth, some organizations flat out will not touch certain guys.

I think no Russians is more N.A scouting focus than not liking the players. If you know more about certain players you'll take them over what you don't know

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011

I think having Varly pretty much squashes any Russian bias by the new regime.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think no Russians is more N.A scouting focus than not liking the players. If you know more about certain players you'll take them over what you don't know

The teams that avoid russians typically do so because of the KHL option those player have, and because culture differences make everyone of us with even a drop of russian blood enigmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad