OT: The 2013-2014 Boston Celtics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
They're not getting Kevin Love... at least not today they're not.

In my original post I suggested going after him in the summer. It wouldn't make sense to trade for him today anyway, all that would do is put the Celtics in a worse draft position since Love would probably bring the team a few more wins.

Investigate that trade over the summer, once draft positions are all figured out, and expiring contracts allow for more trade flexibility.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Rondo is getting a max contract, let's just put to rest any hope of him getting anything other than that right now. I hope people realize this. I highly doubt he takes 11-12 million again.

Agreed.

Personally, I can't see him taking less than 18-19 per (and that's being generous). Not sure why some folks think he's going to take a sweetheart deal; all you have to do is look at the contracts of the CP3s of the league.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
the more I think about it, the more I want them to make that bogus Houston trade that someone posted yesterday!! :laugh:

Seriously though; excited to see what happens today, I think we definitely will see some action.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
the more I think about it, the more I want them to make that bogus Houston trade that someone posted yesterday!! :laugh:

Seriously though; excited to see what happens today, I think we definitely will see some action.

If by action you mean trading Humphries and Bass for whatever we can get, I'm all for it.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Rondo won't be going anywhere today....if he does get moved, it will be in the off season....he is just about having a triple double every night now, Gm's might wanna see if he can finish the rest of season strong....I hope we keep him & build around him..

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
if they get rid of green/bass/wallace today will be a good day

Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop 16m
Hearing Celtics will have some smaller "call us back if the bigger things don't work out" options today.

Last edited:

member 96824

I'm just staring at the garden as if they're going to airlift Rondo out.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
So far, the Boston Celtics have no traction on any deals, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

well that sucks

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'm so torn on the whole thing. I'm a Rondo fan, and I could totally see us building around him and Sully... but I'm not really into the idea of paying him max, whether he deserves it or not.

On the bright side, no matter what happens, I'll be able to whine. :naughty:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
just saw this on twitter. who says no?

Bg8NssHCMAELnUS.jpg:large

member 96824

My favorite time every year, post trade deadline.

Deadline is at 3, you keep finding out new deals until like 7 o'clock cause they made it in the inbox at 2:59:laugh:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i'm still holding out hope theres at least one move

nvm **** the police

Baxter Holmes ‏@BaxterHolmes 22s
League source tells Globe that the Celtics have made no deals today.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I don't think we are bad enough to keep losing guys, this could be trouble.

yea executive decision to bench rondo the rest of the year has to be made.

is it too late to suspend sullinger indefinitely for his domestic assault? Ainge has to get creative.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
danny granger for evan turner

Good move for Philly Turner was going to leave they will get a better 2 guard in the draft. Granger Nerlins and MCW with a top pick in this draft is a good nucleus.

We need Philly to make the playoffs next year so its good for us.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Obviously disappointed that Danny couldn't get anything back for Humphries or Bass. Happy we didn't trade Rondo, although I never thought that was ever actually a possibility.

From a non-Celtics perspective, I really like the Evan Turner pickup for Indy. That should be a fun conference finals. My money is still on Miami, but not because the Pacers haven't done a really good job putting a team together.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Orlando is working on a contract buyout with forward Glen Davis, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
Good move for Philly Turner was going to leave they will get a better 2 guard in the draft. Granger Nerlins and MCW with a top pick in this draft is a good nucleus.

We need Philly to make the playoffs next year so its good for us.

I'm pretty sure Danny Granger is a free agent this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad